Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bet you didn't know that this thread would have a part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Apparently,you can toast potato waffles! I've been putting them in the oven all this time. They are a great break-water between the beans and the egg on a fry -up. Can't have beans and egg touching each other.

You're confused Lucy. They do indeed make a great break water to hold the beans back.....from touching the sausages. It's fine for beans and eggs to be in contact, but sausages? No, that's the breakfast of a psychopath!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You're confused Lucy. They do indeed make a great break water to hold the beans back.....from touching the sausages. It's fine for beans and eggs to be in contact, but sausages? No, that's the breakfast of a psychopath!

Well there's a first. I'm fine with any or all constituents of a fry up being in contact but I've thought that the most common complaint would be egg on bean contact. An adversity to bean on sausage action would be a rarity in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,030 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What a load of waffle. Yez need to flick the bean, skin the aul' sausage, and ram it into those eggs! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

BaZmO* wrote: »
    An adversity to bean on sausage action would be a rarity in my experience.

Sounds kind of sexy when you say it like that:D:

But no, I stand firm on my principles, beans and sausages must be kept separated at all times. For an emergency breakfast scenario, I find the best method is to install a peace wall built from pudding or waffles, but obviously if you are preparing the meal yourself, it's best to keep the the beans in solitary confinement from the get go. Being the classy gentleman that I am, I usually wolf them straight from the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

The final episode of the original Tom & Jerry cartoon series ended with both characters committing suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Breaking news for breakfast time-
    They are a great break-water between the beans and the egg on a fry -up. Can't have beans and egg touching each other.

Arguing over which parts of breakfast touch another part? What are you, big enders or little enders? Or a bunch of wierdos? You do know it all ends up mixing in the stomach right?

Edit: I see Wibbs has picked a side. Say no more Wierdos it is so. :P
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well there's a first. I'm fine with any or all constituents of a fry up being in contact.

The voice of reason, right here folks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I say beans on a fryup plate is the breakfast of nutters. Or Englishmen. Which can sometimes amount to the same thing. NO Irish breakfast fry should have baked beans within an asses roar of the plate.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Neptune was the first planet to be discovered purely by mathematical prediction as opposed to direct observation.
    Since it’s discovery in 1846 it has only completed a single orbit around the sun.
    Neptune is the smallest and most dense of the gas giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

On the 22nd of March, 1867 an entire family was wiped out by an Avalanche in the hamlet of Askanagap just outside Aughrim in County Wicklow.

https://wicklownews.net/2017/03/locals-mark-150th-anniversary-of-tragic-wicklow-avalanche/

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ipso wrote: »
    It's a pity they couldn't put together a football team, then San Marino might get the beat someone.

Reckon they would put Jesus in goal?

Good with Crosses, decent at saving?

I'll get my coat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You do know it all ends up mixing in the stomach right?

Would you want ice cream on your steak? I mean, they end up mixing in your stomach anyway right?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Reckon they would put Jesus in goal?

Good with Crosses, decent at saving?

I'll get my coat...

He's not that good with crosses

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Would you want ice cream on your steak? I mean, they end up mixing in your stomach anyway right?
    I'd eat it anyway. Savoury and sweet is a very common food combination. Some people put ketchup on steak and other meats and that's got a lot of sugar in it. I suspect if enough people of influence started suggesting steak and a particular flavour of ice cream as a Thing(tm) it could take off.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Wibbs wrote:
    NO Irish breakfast fry should have baked beans within an asses roar of the plate.

Fried porridge with beans. Meh, I'll try almost anything once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'd eat it anyway. Savoury and sweet is a very common food combination. Some people put ketchup on steak and other meats and that's got a lot of sugar in it. I suspect if enough people of influence started suggesting steak and a particular flavour of ice cream as a Thing(tm) it could take off.

You are already a bit behind the trend. It's already a Thing :D

https://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipes/a500686/beef-fillet-steak-with-vanilla-and-basil-ice-cream/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The Scots have probably been eating it for yonks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Wibbs wrote: »
    I say beans on a fryup plate is the breakfast of nutters. Or Englishmen. Which can sometimes amount to the same thing. NO Irish breakfast fry should have baked beans within an asses roar of the plate.
    Beans with a fry is perfectly acceptable as long as they are in a ramekin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Beans with a fry is perfectly acceptable as long as they are in a ramekin.

I prefer mine in a little pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The final episode of the original Tom & Jerry cartoon series ended with both characters committing suicide.

Unfortunately not true
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tom-and-jerry-committed-suicide/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mens average body temperature has dropped in the last 150 years in the US and is now 1 degree F lower than then while women temperature has dropped by 0.58 degrees F in the same period, probably due to a healthier environment.

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2020/01/human-body-temperature-has-decreased-in-united-states.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Roald Amundsen arrived at the South Pole on December 14th 1911. Scott arrived on January 18th 1912.

Nobody else set foot on the South Pole until October 31st 1956, it has been continuously inhabited since later that year.

There's a beautifully detailed map of Antarctica here: https://i.redd.it/tb27tjcvb5l21.jpg

It's the full version of this

tb27tjcvb5l21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Marcos

AFAIK the Chileans have sent pregnant women to give birth their as a way of strengthening their claim to Antartica.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Marcos

The Dorobo People in Kenya and Tanzania have a unique way of getting their meat. They find a pride of lions that are feeding on a fresh kill in the daytime, then walk up to them while they're feeding and cut off some meat. The lions are usually startled and run away.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Marcos wrote: »
    AFAIK the Chileans have sent pregnant women to give birth their as a way of strengthening their claim to Antartica.

Argentina have done the same thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Increased oxygen in the earth's atmosphere is what kick started the first nuclear reactors.

At current rates of usage, humanity uses an amount of oil each year roughly equal to half the volume of Lake Michigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jamieeeee

Of all animals, Koalas live the hardest and toughest lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jamieeeee wrote: »
    Of all animals, Koalas live the hardest and toughest lives.

Yes they score 57 points out a possible 59.7 on the University of Advance Science Life Hardness and Toughness Scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jamieeeee

Yes they score 57 points out a possible 59.7 on the University of Advance Science Life Hardness and Toughness Scale.

Their diet consists mainly of Eucalyptus leaves which are poisonous to most animals. Koalas can digest it but theres very little nutrition in them and they're hard to chew. They have to chew the food to the maximum to extract any goodness from it. They're lethargic all the time because they've no energy.

They also haven't evolved and their teeth are often ground down from eating which means they cant eat and a lot of them starve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Jamieeeee wrote: »
    Their diet consists mainly of Eucalyptus leaves which are poisonous to most animals. Koalas can digest it but theres very little nutrition in them and they're hard to chew. They have to chew the food to the maximum to extract any goodness from it. They're lethargic all the time because they've no energy.

They also haven't evolved and their teeth are often ground down from eating which means they cant eat and a lot of them starve.

Dung beetles tho....

Advertisement