Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Normally don't eat in the middle of the day but was working outside in the filthy weather and was called into this fresh bread sambo and mug of Bovril.

Back out again now to finish fencing in the new turkeys.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Cup of tea with some madeira cake & hot custard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Home made Hake fish cake with a rocket salad and cheesy baked potato. Followed by a few glasses of Merlot.

Had a few different flavoured sausages with mash, gravy and peas tonight. Had a glass of red wine too and will be having more.

I remember being in London about 25 years ago and asking my buddy what was banger's and mash as it was advertised in the window of a café, when he told me it was sausages I said to him "Are ya serious? Jesus Christ imagine if you got served that for your dinner at home, there'd be murder. They must be all paupers living around here."

Happy days, lets hope we bate the paupers in Wembley tonight.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

You would need to eat a whole factory of flumps to eat your body weight in them :pac:

I love flumps myself

The container they came in is big enough to use as an outdoor swimming pool :)

FLUMPS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Normally don't eat in the middle of the day but was working outside in the filthy weather and was called into this fresh bread sambo and mug of Bovril.

Back out again now to finish fencing in the new turkeys.

Your 3D table onions have just blown my mind. That's a savage sambo .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Has anyone tried the new Cadbury winter wonderland? Its gorgeous. Its milk and white chocolate Christmas trees. Between this and the orange twirl Cadburys are playing a blinder at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Porklife wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the new Cadbury winter wonderland? Its gorgeous. Its milk and white chocolate Christmas trees. Between this and the orange twirl Cadburys are playing a blinder at the moment!!

Sounds like the 'top deck' bar years ago, that was layers of each though so not sure if it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Sounds like the 'top deck' bar years ago, that was layers of each though so not sure if it's the same.

Oh I used to love top deck. Why did they stop making them?! It tastes exactly like that except its little Christmas trees. Delicious:p

Porklife wrote: »
    Oh I used to love top deck. Why did they stop making them?! It tastes exactly like that except its little Christmas trees. Delicious:p

I don't know! My best friend's dad used to work for Cadbury when we were in school :pac:

I will definitely be checking them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Enjoying a beer and gearing up for the expected from Wembley, but who knows? Dinner for the girls tonight was great meatballs, mash, peas and gravy. Clean plates so that's good.

I've gone for a no BS dish with zero frills. Just a striploin steak with potato gratin. Simple, tasty and mine.:D

IMG-20201112-182314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lamb chops :) oh dear god they were heavenly

+1 on the winter wonderland ;) Divine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Cup of tea & two packets of wheelies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Deep fried onion rings. Naughty me! Not in my diet. But someone offered to share their basket. Would it be impolite to not? Snicker... snicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Quorn meatless lasagne w/houmous bagel. Pint of water to wash it down..

Think I've actually moved into hibernation mode, the brutal weather today and bottle of wine tonight probably didn't help but thanks be to God it's supposed to be nice all day tomorrow. Dam you Tesco and your five for a fiver chocolate selection. Tomorrow I will move mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Taytos & Wine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Taytos & Wine

Tayto taytos are the best taytos

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Chicken , chorizo, vegetables, pasta bake .

Donegal catch battered cod, Mash Direct mashed spuds, green beans and a big basket of chips, opened a bottle of wine and it obviously has a leak, others here having cans of Coors Light, food was simple but delicious, wine is gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Had fish and chips with mushy peas now a couple of cans to close of this Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Some Cadburys fingers & Tea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chocolate m&ms :)

i went to Brackens bakery in Cork today for a takeaway lunch if anyone knows it their food is super fresh and tasty.

Delicious sandwich, sausage roll and a pyramid cake. Just what I needed.

Still feeling full, maybe ice-cream for tea.

An ice cold lager at the table inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    An ice cold lager at the table inn.

Is the bar lady a looker? :pac:

Mug of coffee here.

Is the bar lady a looker? :pac:

Mug of coffee here.

She is and I'm the only customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    She is and I'm the only customer!

Top service so.

Picked up some fresh loafs today in SuperValu and then spotted a chilli beef with wedges family dinner that was half price. Took the reins for a surprise dinner and there was an amalgamation of food served up that pleased all. A little bit of red wine was also involved.

Fresh crusty bread is one of life's great pleasures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Picked up some fresh loafs today in SuperValu and then spotted a chilli beef with wedges family dinner that was half price. Took the reins for a surprise dinner and there was an amalgamation of food served up that pleased all. A little bit of red wine was also involved.

Fresh crusty bread is one of life's great pleasures.

Serious Saturday night feast... Absolute carb overload 🀀🀀🀀

Advertisement