Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circle K

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Because the price on the sign is too dear. They'd get more repeat business if they advertised better prices. The fuel card concept shoots itself in the foot from the off imo.

Retailers want to make as many transactions as possible cash less. This has many benefits.
    Such as:
    -Lower cash loss.
    -Freeing up site managers time to focus on their site instead of sitting in an office to count cash for 1-2 hours or having to look for missing cash.
    -Security.
    -Counter fit notes can also be a big problem from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭mikeecho

xpletiv wrote: »
    Still more expensive than anywhere else im seeing petrol or diesel. No wonder applegreens profits are through the roof!

Applegreen will be introducing their version of milesPlus soon.

ted1 wrote: »
    Plenty of people have the Topaz card and are repeat customers because of it.

BMW offer Topaz card with 5 cent off
    Group scheme offer it with 4 cent off
    AA offer it with 2or 4 cent off
    Some credit unions offer it with 4 cents off

And I’m sure that the list goes on

I'd like too know more about this bmw card.
    My current cards only offer 4¢ off

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Circle k miles plus diesel works out quite good for me
    My local was running a discount on it for the last month 5 cent a litre off
    No queues and they always have gloves to use

I'm an avid user of plus diesel, my fuel card gives me 4c off per litre, so I'm only paying a 3c premium, and I do notice an engine noise and performance difference with it.

I'll keep buying it... But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Don't notice any difference in the fuel, The garage I normally use all the time returns better fuel economy of the same style and type of driving
    Cheaper diesel too

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’ve been using is for about 6 months now and won’t go back to regular diesel
    They have an ad blue pump for lorries where I’m going and it’s only €3.50 to go from half to full at the pump

I was in the uk recently and the premium diesel was £1.70 a litre

I drove to the UK this year, and I made sure I topped up before getting on the ferry. Likewise, I make sure I have a full tank before heading north, UK diesel is expensive.. I paid £1.449 for premium diesel in the UK, on my return trip on the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

mikeecho wrote: »

It’s part of bmw first https://www.bmw-first.ie/home?ds_c=BMW+%3E+AfterSales+%3E+Service+%3E+Brand&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrLG5uNjP3QIVwbTtCh2GvAyUEAAYASAAEgKdbfD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mikeecho wrote: »

It’s part of bmw first

https://www.bmw-first.ie/

If you have a bmw you can sign up for free, getvthe card and then cancel the bmw first but keep the card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

No cars in the play or park draws, is this just a new thing with circle K.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The cars would have almost definitely been part sponsored by the car brand. Car sales are not doing well - UK imports from people selling up there are destroying them; and it'll only get worse if they crash out and every PCP car in the UK gets repossessed.

That is going to lead to a massive reduction in car draws. Topaz/Circle K's contribution to each months draw is probably circa 10k, and the prizes still reflect that. Its legally run as a lottery where the points transfer buys tickets off some charity who have the lotto licence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement