Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

controversial comedians

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Doug Stanhope always gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Sacha Baron Cohen.

FRANKIE BOYLE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Sidebaro wrote: »
    I think everything can be funny but be smart/sound about it. If you want to tell ignorant jokes with your friends then go right ahead but if you're a comedian, you have to realise that somebody in the audience could be upset by that same joke. I'm not talking about the usual dumb **** that people get offended by, I mean actual offensive stuff.

Oh and to add to the list of controversial comedians, Doug Stanhope, Bill Burr and Reginald D Hunter. All very good and their material is smart.

Don’t know much of Hunter but Stanhope and Burr are great.

“I’m Doug Stanhope and that’s why I drink”. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Spike Milligan was great...a comic genius!

Bernard Manning and Roy Cubby Brown were just crude, loudmouth bigots - making jokes at the expense of minorities is not very funny in my book.

My mum and I loved Kenny Everett back in the 1980s - the man was absolute gas!! :D

Advertisement