Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ballymun to Bray Bus Announced

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

What sort of route will this take through the city centre I wonder? Will it turn right onto Molesworth Street then down Kildare Street and around by Pearse and Tara Street and over to O'Connell Bridge like the 145 or will it take the same route as the 46a by Nassau Street, Grafton Street and College Green hopefully the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Stephen15 wrote: »
    What sort of route will this take through the city centre I wonder? Will it turn right onto Molesworth Street then down Kildare Street and around by Pearse and Tara Street and over to O'Connell Bridge like the 145 or will it take the same route as the 46a by Nassau Street, Grafton Street and College Green hopefully the latter.

I saw somewhere that it's gonna go through college Green like the 46a. Can't recall where I saw that info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

There appears to be no word on this route which is supposedly being introduced this month!

There appears to be no word on this route which is supposedly being introduced this month!

It's not starting until the 24th March as the 18 and 76/a switching over to GAI has been delayed until then.

Has been announced officially and is starting on the 24th March. I'm looking to it starting as the 145 can be hit and miss especially in the evenings and can suffer from overcrowding.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/181/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Has been announced officially and is starting on the 24th March. I'm looking to it starting as the 145 can be hit and miss especially in the evenings and can suffer from overcrowding.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/181/

This will be good to fill any gaps in the 145. Bray station will be a busy place for buses again.

Interview with Dublin Bus on the new route here. https://www.98fm.com/podcasts/on-the-move/episode-1-dublin-bus-irish-rail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

and zero enhancement to 140.

complete and utter joke

Overall I'm happy this route is coming in, will also mean I'll have a door to door link to college.
    Will be interesting to see just how much time it'll save me compared to changing buses in town :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

DB still need to sort out their Google Maps license - it's been broken for months now.

loyatemu wrote: »
    DB still need to sort out their Google Maps license - it's been broken for months now.

The transport database in Google maps also needs to be updated badly.
    None of the routes that have gone to GAI or even any recent DB timetable changes are present.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

As is Bus Eireann, clearly they too don't care about providing meaningful information to their potential users.

I have tried to engage with them on a number of occasions, it's a one way street, they don't even acknowledge e-mails, let alone reply to them.

Bluntly, given the way they are operating, their licence to operate some routes should be withdrawn and given to a company that will provide an acceptable service,

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Teething problems. Thought I'd fly out to Bray on this thing since people wouldn't be familiar and wouldn't hail it. Nope. Put off it at Donnybrook because the driver taking over is MIA. Two 145s overtook us before they decided the driver wasn't going to appear.

Edit: Wait, no, ten minutes later they've found one and we're all back on it :p

Used this for the first time the other night from UCD to Cabinteely a bit of a let down as I waited 20 minutes for either a 155 or 145 not one 46a passed either in the mean time only for two 155s and a 46a to show up all at once and a 145 one minute behind according to RTPI more needs to be done about bus bunching.

As for the bus itself was surprised to see an AX show up which felt like it's seen better days. I personally couldn't care less what type of bus is used now myself but it's certainly felt like a lot worse than the SGs I've now become accustomed too was loud and it felt quite slow and sluggish and you could certainly feel the buses age.

You'd think for a new route that trying encourage more passengers new buses would be allocated considering Donnybrook is still allocating it's SGs to some of it's lesser routes such as the 44, 61 and 84. Surprised the NTA isin't mandating dual door buses to it like other cross city routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I haven't gotten this bus yet but noticed at Stop 195 yesterday, the RPI was not displaying the 155 but yet it showed up at the bus stop. The system must be slow to integrate new routes.

I haven't gotten this bus yet but noticed at Stop 195 yesterday, the RPI was not displaying the 155 but yet it showed up at the bus stop. The system must be slow to integrate new routes.

It's up and working on the RTPI. I'd say that was just the RTPI not accounting for the bus being late due to traffic/the RTPI having its usual issues.

I've gotten the 155 to and from college (Stillorgan area - DCU) every day this week and it's shaved roughly 15 minutes off my commute.
    Now, that could be partly due to the fact that no one knows about this bus as it isn't stopping as often, but I'll take the quicker journey while it lasts XD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

p_haugh wrote: »
    I've gotten the 155 to and from college (Stillorgan area - DCU) every day this week and it's shaved roughly 15 minutes off my commute.
    Now, that could be partly due to the fact that no one knows about this bus as it isn't stopping as often, but I'll take the quicker journey while it lasts XD

how long is it taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

p_haugh wrote: »

Gas how many bus users are creatures of habit.

There have been complaints for a long time about capacity issues along the Stillorgan and Ballymun corridors, but when Route 155 is designed to address that very issue, they ignore it - even though the bus displays "via O'Connell Street" on the front.

I was on a 40 towards Finglas recently. A man waved down the bus at Glasnevin Cemetery and got off at Old Finglas Road. Nothing wrong with that, except there was a 40d immediately in front the whole time, yet the man specifically wanted the 40.

Some people just can't (or won't) be helped.

how long is it taking?
    Around 50-55 minutes. When I had to change buses in town it would take 1 hour 10 minutes at least.
    Today, for instance, I got on the 155 at 9:05 and got into DCU at 9:55.

• Advertisement
Advertisement