Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter III - Third Strike Online Edition-released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Hopefully these problems you're raising in 3S will not be as evident in the online release simply if it has good matchmaking. I think a good matchmaking system with a way of quantifying skill and setting you up with people who are in an acceptable range around your skill level is the most important part of making this port successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Jesus you play really good players in any game your gonna get your assed handed to you , doesn't make the game shite

Anyway 3s ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Name one fighting game that is "balanced" ; this is in regard to the balance changes people suggested.(implying it is not balanced) Look at the filth that HDR is, it caused a pretty big split in the community. Leave games alone that don't need ****ing with. 3s is 3s for what it is, as was ST. An online revamp with new online features would be sick. Capcom are being very silly if they try to re balance the game. As far as attracting new players goes, isn't that the point of the revamp? Let's not water it down to ezmode HDR and attract to get more people. Exposure is enough, and that's what the revamp will do. If you want to learn the game then do so but if you don't like the game or are **** at is then I don't get the arguments tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ramza wrote: »
    Name one fighting game that is "balanced"

International Karate.

What do I win?

Street fighter 1

I win :p

Its true that 3s isnt massively balanced but I'm not gonna be playing the game at a high level anyway. I really enjoyed pwning people online with sean in 2df back in the day etc etc.

I can't see them re-balancing it cause people would go mental (like ramza for example) I don't care either way. I just love 3s.

Personally I don't understand the hate for HDR but I don't play SF2 much.

• Advertisement

It's got nothing to do with personal preference it's just principal. It makes no sense. From a totally common sense point of view, not even acting out on personal preference or being a purist etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Can you honestly say though that if a low tier character got some buffs to make them viable, leave the upper tiers alone then, it would be BS because it hasnt happened in over 10 years.

Nah, in my opinion it is pointless at this stage. I'm not trying to defend any one character because I know my matchups for the most part. And Capcom wont just add a buff here or there, if they want to change the game they are gonna go all out, the whole thing. Like with HDR and Sirlin. There's a couple of things which are a little annoying at top tier but to be honest it's nothing to lose sleep over. I mean the nerfs I would gladly accept would be Yun GJ meter and Chun HC/meter size, like I suggested in my first post. I'm not going to go ape**** over it if their is a remix mode but I will be very disappointed. Even with those nerfs people will want more and more until 3s hdr is made, or they want it made. You have to understand that I believe that if they make a remixed version they are alienating fans. Sure I don't have to play it and I can use classic mode but it's the principal I'm addressing

Got nothing to do with the changes I want/don't want to see but just the principle is all that matters to me. Like I said before I know no fighting game is perfectly balanced, so why is 3s an exception? It's not. People need to deal with it and stop living their lives by tier lists

Edit : Interestingly enough, after all this talk/debate about 3s needing a rebalance I decided to hit up SRK to see what the mindset was. A lot of guys I know from playing online a lot and even from the 3s forum/regular 3s players seem to feel the same. Listen to your fans Capcom
    3S is the only game to be at SBO every year. Why? Because people like the game as it is and they've created a strong and enduring scene around it. It does not need a rebalanced mode.

http://shoryuken.com/f160/dedicated-thread-what-we-want-online-third-strike-245129/

So, ultimately, the main point of this revamp is to get the game appealing to new players and to maybe help revive it? OK, so clearly the best thing to do is leave it as is, in terms of balance. Would you rather alienate/turn off the WHOLE current 3s population with balance changes, but still get new fans, or leave it as is in terms of balance and bring back new and old alike? Do you guys see the point I am driving home now? The latter doesn't split the community.

The current 3s community who will be pulled back by the revamp, along with the new, grew and learned with 3s. Not ****ing messed up remixed 3s. By leaving it as is you are not only retaining hardcore players but attracting new ones, and also it's the same game the purists love so giving advice and community growth etc would;d be ten times easier as knowledge for the last 11 years for the game is everywhere

And this is what I want to say
    All you people that are asking for a rebalanced version need to stop talking. Period.

Who the hell honestly prefers some sort of revised version over a perfect arcade port.

You've clearly never played the game seriously or competitively if you are complaining about specific characters or damage scaling.

I don't post on the smash bro forums about stupid **** I've never played, because I don't know **** about smash bros. Don't come here complaining about a game you obviously know nothing about.
    On the "rebalance" side of things, I'm seeing a bunch of nobodies, and players that weren't even around for the 3S era.

I don't play 3S, but I was around back when nobody played it, then it got huge, and now when nobody plays it again. I know more real 3S players than most of you, and I know that none of them would like 3S changed.

There always was a group of high level 3S players that didn't like 3S, but that's just like now with SF4. Lots of the best players don't like it. They just rather play another game. I'm willing to bet if you asked Mike Watson right now (top 3S player that hates 3S), he wouldn't want to see a rebalancing of 3S. To him, 3S is just fundamentally ass (I agree, btw), so a rebalance would do nothing to solve that. That group of players is irrelevant in this discussion.

The players that love 3S, and know it way more than anyone posting in here so far, I can guarantee would love to see it ARCADE PERFECT. Not even a PS2 port would be the goal.

All you guys that don't really know how to play the game, but want to blame your losses with Oro on something are crying for a rebalance. It's a joke.

As it stands, Chun, Yun, Ken, Dudley, Makoto, Urien, Akuma, Ryu, Yang, Necro, Ibuki, are all very viable characters. You guys talking about only 3, obviously don't know the game.
    I'm with HAV.

Who the **** are you to ask for changes in a game that, in most cases, you've barely played.

This is why I don't like devs taking communities words as input towards games they are making.

There are members that have a right to make educated inputs about the game, and there are members that have no business making any suggestions at all.

I'm in shock.

"Members" of a fighting game community asking for a non-perfect port of SF3 3rd Strike??????

I never would have guessed it.
    Let's say if Capcom made a rebalanced version, most 3s players would complain about the changes. Other people (aka retards) will be angry that they didn't get the balancing they wanted this version was made (considering everyone has different opinions).

As for catering towards new players, I don't see the point in it. SSFIV is the most casual of the series by far, which means even if new people came to play it, unless you want to dumb down the learning curve so that the game is easier to pick up then SSFIV (aka give free supers when people are losing or give a huge buffer on links) most people will go back to that if they can't keep up with the learning curve of this game. The people who are playing it now are in it for the long run, I couldn't see most new players actually sticking to the game unless they seek something more hardcore then SSFIV in the first place. Most people will buy this, there you go Capcom you got your sales so leave the game alone for the rest of us to actually play rather then **** it up and have no scene left at all.
    how can you guys ask for a rebalance, someone asked to remove parrying, and someone else asked that supers be unparryable. unless you are already playing this at a very very high level, you really dont know what you're asking for, and you wont notice a difference unless the changes were huge (in which case, the existing 3s community would get mad.)

this game does not need a rebalanced. just port it with net code and keep it at that. less development time, and keep the game elegant and respectable. if you dont respect 3s how it is now, then you shouldnt really be bursting in here trying to get it changed
    this game is not ****ing broken damn it

no 3s player would say this game is broken

only people who dont know how to play say that

rebalancing it is not going to make you any better at the game
    Obviously, there are so people out there that think that you can just tweak things slightly and then the game isn't damaged buy optimally improved. However, the consequences of minor changes here and there are actually larger than what is noticeable at face value.

I don't understand why people can't appreciate the game for what it is, and notice that you can clearly play anyone in the roster as long as you put in the work.
    a new feature set, modes, hitboxes, better training mode options, lobbies

these are ALL reasons to buy the game for next gen consoles

it doesnt need a lame rebalance to sell
    Next-Gen Marvel didn't revive the scene for a couple of reasons.

A) Real Marvel players don't like the game because of the slight changes
    B) Newer players are too lazy/scrubby to play Marvel
    C) Marvel is really old, and has enjoyed a 10-year run already

How does this relate to 3S? Simple. Capcom has two choices. They can make it arcade perfect, which would please all the 3S players that still love 3S, but don't get to play it so much because of hardware issues (who still brings PS2's to tournaments? Who wants to keep their CRT TV for one game?).

They can rebalance it, and please the players that will play rebalanced 3S for a couple of months, then drop it.

If you think EITHER of these routes will lead to a 3S revival, I think you're crazy. Too much new **** coming out for 3S to come back to life.

One of these routes will give people that actually like 3S, what they want, and the other will give some players a pastime for a little while. As for sales..... I really don't think a rebalance will boost sales. I think there are just as many, if not more, people that will refuse to buy a rebalance, as there are those that will refuse to buy it unchanged. I think the VAST majority of players won't notice/care either way, and just buy it because they think they like Street Fighter now, and it's a $15 download.

So why go through the effort?

And all you guys crying for a rebalance.... I don't get it. If you don't like 3S, don't play 3S (like me). A lot of people like it. Let them have it. Wait for 4th Clash or whatever the ****. Maybe you'll like that.

I think parry is one of the dumbest mechanics ever put into a fighting game. I just think it's absolutely retarded. So, I don't play SF3. It's that simple. I'm not gonna force my desires onto a community of gamers that love their game the way it is. That's stupid, and amazingly self-centered. Every game isn't for me. I can accept that.

And so on...

That thread is full of points I agree with and this is exactly what I was trying to encompass in my posts. So read my post and the SRK thread I linked to get an idea of what I'm trying to articulate. All I got to say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OFF-TOPIC: Melty Blood: Actress Again tournaments are bigger than 3rd Strike tournaments in US right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

3S is the only game to be at SBO every year. Why? Because people like the game as it is and they've created a strong and enduring scene around it. It does not need a rebalanced mode.

Guy that posted that is an idiot, i corrected him on SRK and i will correct you here. SFIII was the only game at SBO every year because it was the latest installment of STREET FIGHTER. And because of that it had a strong and 'enduring' scene around it. That is a major factor. ONLY STREET FIGHTER GAME to date at the time [no mash ups].
    Look at EVO, where is 3s? it will soon phase out at SBO once players will migrate over.
    Besides no one likes change [see Tekken vs capcom haters]

Ppl on srk are idiots, 'i wants GGPOs netcode', 'omgs ggpos', 'i wants them HD sounds'
    GGPO just uses a different algorithm which does alot of prediction and IMHO its not accurate and really jerky. I rather a slow down, then KO screens pop up in before my full daigo parry :rolleyes:
    By leaving it as is you are not only retaining hardcore players
    The idea is to get new players, bring back parted players, REVIVE the game.
    The 1O% of hardcore players you mention can play it on GGPO and arcades, they dont want a revive, they are happy already

That thread has no credibility.
    - Q Theme (Great song, needs to have the ability to be played by choosing Q as 2P and Online.)
    is that actually a request, seriously...

-game over-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But Q's theme IS THE BEST SONG.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

stop talking.

Who the hell

stupid ****

obviously know nothing about.

bunch of nobodies, and players that weren't even around for the 3S era.

real 3S players .

It's a joke.

obviously don't know the game.

Who the **** are you to ask for changes in a game

There are members that have a right to make educated inputs about the game, and there are members that have no business making any suggestions at all.

I'm in shock.

As for catering towards new players, I don't see the point in it. this game does not need a

only people who dont know how to play say that

Real Marvel players

Newer players are too lazy/scrubby

Dunno man, looks like a whole bunch of "true fan" syndrome to me.

Just wondering what that chap meant by "fundamentally ass"? He talking about parries?

GorySnake wrote: »
    Just wondering what that chap meant by "fundamentally ass"? He talking about parries?

yup, his point was that he hates 3S but thinks it should be left the way it is for 3S players.

I don't actually disagree with him- people will buy it and play it. Just I reckon it's a missed opportunity to bring more people to the game. Just an opinion, which, as we all know, are like arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yup, his point was that he hates 3S but thinks it should be left the way it is for 3S players.

I don't actually disagree with him- people will buy it and play it. Just I reckon it's a missed opportunity to bring more people to the game. Just an opinion, which, as we all know, are like arseholes.

The game is ancient.
    Its like SF2, if that got sliced up to bits and re-released , i would play it. I would not play plain SF2, as i have played it on every console since my birth.

SF3 has been re-released as anniversary edition
    and its been emulated

only way up is change, other wise its a waste of time.

In my honest opinion, with GGPO, I dont see any point to this re-release without any sort of rebalancing, or at least an improvement on the graphics or something, but 3S looks amazing as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

In my honest opinion, with GGPO, I dont see any point to this re-release without any sort of rebalancing, or at least an improvement on the graphics or something, but 3S looks amazing as it is.

To make money. It should get have a bigger playerbase on live too.

Well obviously for the money, but I dont think the playerbase Live/PSN will bring will appeal to the 3S players, they almost seem against the idea of new players coming to the 3S community and any hardcore 3S players out there are more than likely on GGPO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Well obviously for the money, but I dont think the playerbase Live/PSN will bring will appeal to the 3S players, they almost seem against the idea of new players coming to the 3S community and any hardcore 3S players out there are more than likely on GGPO.

Ye it will bring in new players. Thats the best thing about it. I tried 3s on 2df for a bit but got raped by this Elena player the last time I played and I havent gone back since. Its hard to get into the game if you get raped left right and center by people who have been playing for years. Hopefully this will be more of a level playing field.

On that note I'd like to say that I went into playing 3s online with out any fighting game experience bar playing sf2 and alpha 3 with my mates as a child/teenager.

I had never even played 3s offline. My 1st proper experience of SF3 and indeed of what fighting games are really like, was jumping online and playing 3s against people who've played it for years. I loved every fucking second of it. This was years before I read any of this play to win sirlin fighting game talk.

Can't believe what I'm reading :confused:
    Placebo wrote: »
    The game is ancient.
    Its like SF2, if that got sliced up to bits and re-released , i would play it.

You have heard of HDR right?

• Advertisement

I didnt say new players wouldn't enjoy playing old players, I said old players dont seem too excited at the idea of new players, who would be more easily attracted to the game if it underwent a change, which 3S players clearly do not want.

ITT : People missing the argument
    Placebo wrote: »
    i will correct you here

The idea is to get new players, bring back parted players, REVIVE the game.
    The 1O% of hardcore players you mention can play it on GGPO and arcades, they dont want a revive, they are happy already

Farz what are you on about, tell me then why 3s is at SBO this year :rolleyes:

That's what I was pushing for. I said by keeping the game as is or changing a fww things then you are catering for everyone with little room for error/money waste etc. People who want a rebalance are ****ing morons and I'll say it right now. 3s is fine, you want to play the game then the new online revamp mode is good enough for you, no game is perfect, but no game is insanely broken, like some people would claim :pac:

As far as that 10% figure goes I disagree. By saying that you are already warranting a divide. You are now splitting up as hardcore/exp players with new players. All should be in one boat, as to create a higher following and also to make it more popular. To get new players and bring back oldies then you need to keep it as is. A rebalance with cause a ****ing stir. And it's also not needed! Capcom can kill two birds with one stone here. Where the hell did this rebalance idea spawn from anyway!?

You seem to say that the others can just go on GGPO. Why can't new people learn online and play on GGPO? I'm living proof bro. I played for a good bit before emulation with just videos and forums. Online was my first exp of the game. What's stopping people from having that same exp just on PSN/XBL? Why rebalance it?
    Dunno man, looks like a whole bunch of "true fan" syndrome to me.

Most posters in that thread are idiots but there is a handful of people, who I quoted before who have the right idea. The truth hurts I guess

IMO the revamp itself will bring more people. What is it about a rebalance that will attract more people? Think about the logic, people who never played the game before or who aren't great at it/understand it, want a rebalance, ughh why? How would you notice? People are just being spoiled and are just afraid to play the game I think. It's like a spoiled vote kind of, I want a rebalance but I've never played it before. Makes no sense. A rebalance would do nothing but bad things. How does it attract new people when they have no standard of the game since they never played it? It's the same thing. Online revamp, new modes, and SAME ****ING GAMEPLAY!!! Let's hope Capcom don't **** this one up

As far as true fan syndrome goes, a lot of the guys in that thread are talking absolute truth. People see elitism because they want to see it. Call it what you want but I feel the same as those guys

If you think 3s is broken then you need to have a word with yourself, or any game that has acclaim for that matter. Honestly can't believe what I'm reading.

*gets facepalm pic ready*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Mining srk for opinions of any shade is dumb.
    Srk is dumb.
    Dumb.

Possibly also deaf.

ITT : People missing the argument

Farz what are you on about, tell me then why 3s is at SBO this year :rolleyes:

That's what I was pushing for. I said by keeping the game as is or changing a fww things then you are catering for everyone with little room for error/money waste etc. People who want a rebalance are ****ing morons and I'll say it right now. 3s is fine, you want to play the game then the new online revamp mode is good enough for you, no game is perfect, but no game is insanely broken, like some people would claim :pac:

As far as that 10% figure goes I disagree. By saying that you are already warranting a divide. You are now splitting up as hardcore/exp players with new players. All should be in one boat, as to create a higher following and also to make it more popular. To get new players and bring back oldies then you need to keep it as is. A rebalance with cause a ****ing stir. And it's also not needed! Capcom can kill two birds with one stone here. Where the hell did this rebalance idea spawn from anyway!?

You seem to say that the others can just go on GGPO. Why can't new people learn online and play on GGPO? I'm living proof bro. I played for a good bit before emulation with just videos and forums. Online was my first exp of the game. What's stopping people from having that same exp just on PSN/XBL? Why rebalance it?

Most posters in that thread are idiots but there is a handful of people, who I quoted before who have the right idea. The truth hurts I guess

IMO the revamp itself will bring more people. What is it about a rebalance that will attract more people? Think about the logic, people who never played the game before or who aren't great at it/understand it, want a rebalance, ughh why? How would you notice? People are just being spoiled and are just afraid to play the game I think. It's like a spoiled vote kind of, I want a rebalance but I've never played it before. Makes no sense. A rebalance would do nothing but bad things. How does it attract new people when they have no standard of the game since they never played it? It's the same thing. Online revamp, new modes, and SAME ****ING GAMEPLAY!!! Let's hope Capcom don't **** this one up

As far as true fan syndrome goes, a lot of the guys in that thread are talking absolute truth. People see elitism because they want to see it. Call it what you want but I feel the same as those guys

If you think 3s is broken then you need to have a word with yourself, or any game that has acclaim for that matter. Honestly can't believe what I'm reading.

*gets facepalm pic ready*

Calling people morons for holding an opposing position to you- especially after they've pointed out you're relying on the no true scotsman logical fallacy as your defense- is definitely not a good position to be debating from.

I'm done with this Ramza, you're pretty intractible on the topic, so I'll stop here as I am no fan of tireless rebuttal.

Im gonna stop posting in this thread til this debate is over, everyone is debating, Rebalance: Yes/No. I was debating whats the point in releasing this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ye it will bring in new players. Thats the best thing about it. I tried 3s on 2df for a bit but got raped by this Elena player the last time I played and I havent gone back since. Its hard to get into the game if you get raped left right and center by people who have been playing for years. Hopefully this will be more of a level playing field.
    ^^ This right here

If even 1% of Xbox 5m users (quite a small margin of Xbox owners) download the trial of SF3, that'll be 50,000 people who have had played SF3. The actual numbers will be much bigger, and you will get many of the new SFIV players paying just try it out online, because simply, most beat em up dudes, unless they lurk the hidden depths of SRK, actually know what a "GGPO" is...

Call it what you will. Crying for a rebalance is ****ing dumb, especially with this game. SRK might be dumb but I'll be damned if there is not a handful of people who have brains. Calling all of it dumb is just a copout.

My main argument is that to me it seems like people are crying about this 3s but want a new one. Please tell me what is stopping you from learning the game now? What's stopping you from reading up on game info/training and hitting up GGPO? Nothing. Unless, you don't like the game and have no desire to learn it. So then why the **** are those people warranting for a rebalance then? No sense

I'm not saying people are morons for holding an opposite opinion to me. I'm saying in this case in my opinion a rebalance is moronic.

I have no idea what that no true scotsman means and I don't care to be honest. As far as intractible goes that's a pretty harsh word to be honest. I seem passionate about it because, well , I am! I'll be damned if I don't argue what I can about/for it.

My "defense" is my argument. I feel like I'm putting it out there in black and white. I honestly don't care if you agree with me or not, and likewise. Call it what you will but my opinion has been voiced.
    Monkeyto wrote: »
    ^^ This right here

If even 1% of Xbox 5m users (quite a small margin of Xbox owners) download the trial of SF3, that'll be 50,000 people who have had played SF3. The actual numbers will be much bigger, and you will get many of the new SFIV players paying just try it out online, because simply, most beat em up dudes, unless they lurk the hidden depths of SRK, actually know what a "GGPO" is...

Yeah man I'm all for the getting of new players, trust me! But tbh it seems like the people here have all had terrible first experiences with the game. It's like what Sisko said, you play anyone decent at any game and you will lose, I don't think it should affect your thoughts of it. Getting owned then not wanting to play the game any more is a bit silly, especially if you really wanted to play and learn it. It's different with SFIV because it's the game that brought the community together and there was no giant leap in skill level here. When Azza/anyone else does his traditional thing of owning new people, do they turn around and say **** this game? No. So why should people think the same for any other game? I don't understand. The resources are all here. It was brought up GGPO maybe isn't a universal standard because of server down times/hardware issues etc, but bringing it to PSN/XBL, like I said, is awesome. Keep the game intact though!

Want to learn 3s? Do what I/tonnes of other people did. Make use of what you got! Don't want to learn it/aren't bothered with it? Move along. Brining it to XBL/PSN now is great because it is now more accessible with hopefully new game modes and matchmaking/GGPO netcode. This is all I am trying to say and it's quite simple

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Didn't they rebalance HDR? I don't think it was anything too drastic from what I played, or was(/is) ST pretty balanced anyway?

Would be cool if they redrew the sprites for high def, but I could do without that weird, most of the faces look kind of angular and the same, Udon style. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Call it what you will. Crying for a rebalance is ****ing dumb, especially with this game. SRK might be dumb but I'll be damned if there is not a handful of people who have brains. Calling all of it dumb is just a copout.

My main argument is that to me it seems like people are crying about this 3s but want a new one. Please tell me what is stopping you from learning the game now? What's stopping you from reading up on game info/training and hitting up GGPO? Nothing. Unless, you don't like the game and have no desire to learn it. So then why the **** are those people warranting for a rebalance then? No sense

I'm not saying people are morons for holding an opposite opinion to me. I'm saying in this case in my opinion a rebalance is moronic.

I have no idea what that no true scotsman means and I don't care to be honest. As far as intractible goes that's a pretty harsh word to be honest. I seem passionate about it because, well , I am! I'll be damned if I don't argue what I can about/for it.

My "defense" is my argument. I feel like I'm putting it out there in black and white. I honestly don't care if you agree with me or not, and likewise. Call it what you will but my opinion has been voiced.

Yeah man I'm all for the getting of new players, trust me! But tbh it seems like the people here have all had terrible first experiences with the game. It's like what Sisko said, you play anyone decent at any game and you will lose, I don't think it should affect your thoughts of it. Getting owned then not wanting to play the game any more is a bit silly, especially if you really wanted to play and learn it. It's different with SFIV because it's the game that brought the community together and there was no giant leap in skill level here. When Azza/anyone else does his traditional thing of owning new people, do they turn around and say **** this game? No. So why should people think the same for any other game? I don't understand. The resources are all here. It was brought up GGPO maybe isn't a universal standard because of server down times/hardware issues etc, but bringing it to PSN/XBL, like I said, is awesome. Keep the game intact though!

Want to learn 3s? Do what I/tonnes of other people did. Make use of what you got! Don't want to learn it/aren't bothered with it? Move along. Brining it to XBL/PSN now is great because it is now more accessible with hopefully new game modes and matchmaking/GGPO netcode. This is all I am trying to say and it's quite simple

Ok. I 'll bite.

First of all I am not trying to be a dick. I am trying to do my job as a mod and show you how discussion can be facilitated and stimulated.

The no true scotsman fallacy is this.

A man from Edinborough is reading a paper. He reads of a man in Brighton who has been caught after a rampage of sexual crimes. He tuts and goes, "no scotsman would ever do that."

The next day he reads of a man from Glasgow who has been caught for crimes many times worse. Rather than confront the challenge to his personal world view he goes "Ah, but a true scotsman would never do that".

Your position (or perhaps you just don't see the opinion in those srk posts I do as someone who spends alot of time dealing with people arguing on the net) is that anyone who's good at 3S will agree with you. If they don't, they are therefore not good at the game and their opinion doesn't matter. It's circular. It's unprovable, and I bet you wrong (you need to prove every single good 3s player agrees with you, those arguing against need only find 1).

You are being intractible. Someone who says "people who don't hold my position are stupid" instead of arguing against the opinion (without using logical fallacies like above) are the very definition of intractible. Perhaps you need to take a step back and check out your position on this. Why is 3S so special that it should be immune to a bit of rebalancing? Do you not think people said that about hyper fighting, championship edition, or super?

Because I can tell you, people DID complain about the balancing in Championship edition. It was a big thing in EGM at the time.

If you want an honest answer to the Azza question- I have never once, in SF4, or SF2 for that matter, felt that I have lost in a way that I could not have overcome by simply becoming better at the game.

Often times playing 3S I have felt I have been beaten by the mechanics of the game itself.

I understand I can get around it but my point is that random guy xyz won't ,he'll just give up. So a rebalanced version of the game for them would be a really good thing. You can have your classic mode and time can tell which one gets played more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Often times playing 3S I have felt I have been beaten by the mechanics of the game itself.

I'd feel that way about SFIV

I've no real interest in a rebalancing as I feel that would split the sf III scene especially from the jap players.
    An Annivesary edition best of style, with all versions of characters, stages music etc and true versions of each of the three games, would be a lot more appetising.

Advertisement