Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Waits

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 myploscarf

Fatherdougalmag asked [Was he on Gay Byrne at one stage?

He certainly was. I remember watching it with my Mam & Dad. Waits was wearing a trilby, singlet T-Shirt and smoking a cigerette if I remember correctly. His forehead was nearly brushing the keys of the piano as he played. The song : Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis. "Hey Charlie I'm pregnant..........." The voice oh the voice never heard anything quite like it and the looks the epitomy of cool. BUT what really set it off for me was my Dad's reaction he went through the roof freaking out at Byrne and what sort of crap he was now making us look at! That did it for me if my old man hated it that much it had to be the best and it certainly is!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭pumpkinsoup

One of my favourite movies: Waits with Begnini and Lurie in Down by Law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Closing time was what got me into his music, still finding it a bit of a challange to get into his more recent stuff.

Genius though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Not really an expert on Waits, but I like this a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Another Tom thread here over in the 'Alternative & Indie' forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

Im bumping this thread for this link as I'm guessing that a few Waits fans may have a subscription to it.

Tom Waits calls Bob Dylans radio show. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

joewicklow wrote: »
    Im bumping this thread for this link as I'm guessing that a few Waits fans may have a subscription to it.

Tom Waits calls Bob Dylans radio show. Enjoy.

Saw that earlier myself, tis pretty damn great!

Advertisement