Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah, there is something but not HL3, Portal 3 or L4D3. I think Valve are finished making games full stop. I've wrote off seeing HL2 episode 3 at this stage. They are a vapourware development team at this stage.

The SA stands for Stop Apature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

awww, i was hoping for a valve present for my bday tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

SurgeonSimulator2013 ‏@SurgeonSim2013 3h
    @Alexander_712 Yep. The universe is funny like that. Pure coincidence. Korean characters are cool, everyone wants to use them.

Is it just me or does this tweet smack of 'move along - nothing to see here!'

Coincidence - I think not.

Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If you know the answer you want you can put almost anything together to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

half life 3 speculation and theory should have it's own forum imo, that stuff is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I hope they have less of the gravity gun. I didnt like the way they forced you to use it at the end of 2. Whats the point of getting all the weapons just to have them taken away again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Eh, cause the gravity gun was bloody brilliant. Especially the supercharged one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'd love a super-supercharged Gravity Gun in HL3, like the one in GarrysMod... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

half life 3 speculation and theory should have it's own forum imo, that stuff is hilarious

Comical gold.
    I for one will be disappointed when HL3 is released as all the speculation will end :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I hope they have less of the gravity gun. I didnt like the way they forced you to use it at the end of 2. Whats the point of getting all the weapons just to have them taken away again?

I can't raise my eyebrow enough for that comment. :) The Gravity Gun was the key concept for HL2 and its expansions; all the guns in the world couldn't compete with the sheer fun of flinging exploding barrels, cinder blocks, or even soda cans at the combine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Gravity gun was great, but is probably a cliche by now. Surely the portal gun would have to be the big new addition to Hl3 (if it ever gets made.)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Comical gold.
    I for one will be disappointed when HL3 is released as all the speculation will end :(
    Half Life 4 confirmed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I wouldn't get too excited about the next issue of PC Gamer yet anyways. I can remember them a few years back claiming that they would have the scoop on Half Life 2: Episode 4. We are still waiting for Episode 3 many years later! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Comical gold.

What if the speculation about the Half-Life 3 IS the game?
    One huge, meta, decade long ARG experiment...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I think what's clear from that, is that the makers of SurgeonSim2013 are going to be making Half-life 3 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

What if the speculation about the Half-Life 3 IS the game?
    One huge, meta, decade long ARG experiment...

All the cryptic marketing done by vavle with the ARGs etc prior to Portal 2 and for the TF2 Mann vs Machine was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Burgo wrote: »
    vavle
    ? is that a clue? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Speculation rising about some sort of announcement tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Speculation rising about some sort of announcement tomorrow.
    Well, if there's one group of people you can be sure aren't guilty of baseless speculation, it's people waiting for HL3

...wait, what?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Do you think Mr.Saturn is a Valve employee planted here to spy on us and they are going give everyone who posted in this thread early access to the HL3 beta tomorrow :eek: ??

Everyone should spam his inbox until he breaks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

pixelburp wrote: »
    I can't raise my eyebrow enough for that comment. :) The Gravity Gun was the key concept for HL2 and its expansions; all the guns in the world couldn't compete with the sheer fun of flinging exploding barrels, cinder blocks, or even soda cans at the combine :D

I didnt like having my options limited. It was fun but clearly a gimmick.
    It was a great game but I felt that they pushed the gavgun too hard. I like how different weapons allow for different approaches.
    At least they didnt have qte's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I didnt like having my options limited. It was fun but clearly a gimmick.
    It was a great game but I felt that they pushed the gavgun too hard. I like how different weapons allow for different approaches.
    At least they didnt have qte's in it.

Thank you. Finally someone that agrees with me. The GG was a decent gimmick and showed off the physics engine brilliantly but being forced to use it was a pain. Is
    Like the whole game was more about the GG instead of being about the story

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I must get to play this Half Life game, started it years ago but found it meh

*edit* twas Half Life 2 I started as part of the Orange Box but Team Fortress took my time up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

psCwp6K.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Liamalone wrote: »
    I must get to play this Half Life game, started it years ago but found it meh

*edit* twas Half Life 2 I started as part of the Orange Box but Team Fortress took my time up

Heresy! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Common sense dictates I unsubscribe from this thread, it's clearly going nowhere, but I just ... can't ... bring myself. You know, jusssst in case some real news appears

Advertisement