Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A broken patch for a near decade old game, & a statement with two full stops? Stop it lads, this is getting embarrassing :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Skerries wrote: »
    maybe it's a microdot containing HL3 information
    Zoom in ... enhance

Zoom more ... enhance ... enhance

Enhance ... zoom ... zoom

Enhance ... enhance ....

Aw, fcuk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think this might be it!!! Finally confirmed!

Hn0FXMxh.jpg

Aaykamzh.jpg

Not really..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Jet Black wrote: »

Hn0FXMxh.jpg

Aaykamzh.jpg

Not really..

Sounds about right to me! Half-life 13. It's Half-life 3, 10 years after the release of HL2. 3 + 10 = 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I won't believe HL3 exists until I've finished it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Merle Dandridge who voices Alyx Vance posted the below pic with the quote "Back in the booth"..........

http://instagram.com/p/a9DBecLDzb/#

EDIT: Ah balls! I just saw she voices Marlene in The Last of Us, most likely to do with DLC for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Absolutely
    Every time this thread is bumped and hl3 isn't released a baby tiger gets killed.

I won't believe that it has been released unless I'm playing it. Even then ill be sceptical. What we need is a whistle blower like Edward snowdan to tell us one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CptMackey wrote: »
    I won't believe that it has been released unless I'm playing it. Even then ill be sceptical. What we need is a whistle blower like Edward snowdan to tell us one way or the other

Why do you think he's on the run??? He was trying to give us the HL 3 release date. Valve sent their ninjas and covered up the story saying he had government secrets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

NEW TF2 ITEMS CONFIRMED.

I hope it's more hats. We badly need more hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jet Black wrote: »

http://i.imgur.com/Hn0FXMxh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Aaykamzh.jpg

Not really..

yep, clutching at straws

clutching_at_straws.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I won't believe HL3 exists until I've finished it twice.

But if you don't believe it exists, why would you be playing it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

When you dream about hl3 every night it's difficult to separate reality from the dream :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I heard Gearbox will be doing it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think, at this point, a hypothetical Half Life 3 would never be as good as what it's hardcore fans dare to dream it could be. Maybe the story is better left open ended. I realise that I'm speaking heresy here but I think that Valve knows it either has to make the most amazing shooter of all time or just not open the lid at all. Half Life 1 & 2 blazed a trail. HL3 will have to do the same but it's a game that will certainly have to overcome the problem of 'franchise lag' where it'll struggle to make the same impact after such a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

briany wrote: »
    I think, at this point, a hypothetical Half Life 3 would never be as good as what it's hardcore fans dare to dream it could be. Maybe the story is better left open ended. I realise that I'm speaking heresy here but I think that Valve knows it either has to make the most amazing shooter of all time or just not open the lid at all. Half Life 1 & 2 blazed a trail. HL3 will have to do the same but it's a game that will certainly have to overcome the problem of 'franchise lag' where it'll struggle to make the same impact after such a long time.

What you are saying can certainly be true, but the argument can easily swing the other way. You only have to consider the amount of brown, boring, standard FPS games being released each year to see how any innovation, anything against the grain would feel like a breath of fresh air. As the FPS genre achieves 'standards' or 'norms' (ADS, regenerating health, etc), I find it will be easier for Valve to break down these conventions and do something entirely different. After all, anything they make is gold dust so they have the money and time to do whatever they want, and it will probably break sales records.

Valve and Half-life can be the epitome of the 'And not a single fúck was given that day' meme... :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I heard Gearbox will be doing it. :P

Blasphemy! :P

I still want a Opposing Force sequel though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Wait a minute........Half Life 3.............Half Life THREE!
    Ermahgerd

HD_pack_characters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

Falthyron wrote: »
    What you are saying can certainly be true, but the argument can easily swing the other way. You only have to consider the amount of brown, boring, standard FPS games being released each year to see how any innovation, anything against the grain would feel like a breath of fresh air. As the FPS genre achieves 'standards' or 'norms' (ADS, regenerating health, etc), I find it will be easier for Valve to break down these conventions and do something entirely different. After all, anything they make is gold dust so they have the money and time to do whatever they want, and it will probably break sales records.

Valve and Half-life can be the epitome of the 'And not a single fúck was given that day' meme... :P

Those norms could work for or against. Working too much against the grain could alienate the calladoody kids and hurt sales of the game. Valve are still a business after all. The other thing is, as you say, the glut of standard FPSes. They hurt the genre as much as anything and have become associated with a certain kind of meathead gamer. If Valve turns around and says 'Hey! We've made this amazing FPS!", the world might just shrug. Not the kind of reception you want for HL3.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Valve you magnificent bastards.

Following the Surgeon Simulator 2013 TF2 update, someones found Korean on an item:
    FAD2F75C9FBE76BB062DC25805992AB7025118F1

And the dots are obviously planets. Lots and lots of speculation going around on Reddit and Steam. People are arguing whether it's related to the Summer Sale or, of course Half Life 3.

And now someone found an image on that image.

hxE5hRY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Valve you magnificent bastards.

Following the Surgeon Simulator 2013 TF2 update, someones found Korean on an item:
    FAD2F75C9FBE76BB062DC25805992AB7025118F1

And the dots are obviously planets. Lots and lots of speculation going around on Reddit and Steam. People are arguing whether it's related to the Summer Sale or, of course Half Life 3.

If the dots are planets then the one the arrow points to is Saturn. I'm calling it now, Half Life 3 is exclusive to the Sega Saturn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

enhance.jpg

roast wrote: »
    enhance.jpg

260237.png

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

And now someone found an image on that image.

hxE5hRY.jpg

Valve are going to start a war with North Korea and Gabe is officially the next Bond villain!

What I'd love to see is Valve saying nothing about HL3 and then one day to check Steam at 6pm to see what's on offer only to be greeted with the HL logo and "available now " beside it. I'm pretty certain that 30 seconds later the Internet would go into meltdown.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What I'd love to see is Valve saying nothing about HL3 and then one day to check Steam at 6pm to see what's on offer only to be greeted with the HL logo and "available now " beside it. I'm pretty certain that 30 seconds later the Internet would go into meltdown.

It wouldn't take 30 seconds. I wonder if they actually did just stick it up on steam without any announcement or anything and priced it at something like €100, how many would they sell? I think it would still sell a bucketload once the word got out. I can see people spending that much just to get access to it, thinking it was mistakenly released early or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It wouldn't take 30 seconds. I wonder if they actually did just stick it up on steam without any announcement or anything and priced it at something like €100, how many would they sell? I think it would still sell a bucketload once the word got out. I can see people spending that much just to get access to it, thinking it was mistakenly released early or something.
    Only for you to discover that they had just given you Farm Simulator 2014 with Half Life mods...... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

roast wrote: »
    enhance.jpg

Wedges....ooh how i shipped them :o, never to be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It's a sign that Half Life 4 is coming!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Advertisement