Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Heated steering wheel in a Non max 1st? How do you turn it on?

In the classic climate control there's an icon on the left. In the smart climate control there's a "warm my hands" option.
    Alternatively add it as a shortcut to the drop down menu. Slide from the top, long hold on an icon and swap it out for something more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Press lightly for up 1, Press harder for up in 10s. Or slide

I'm not 100% as I haven't used cruise control yet, I just remember someone in the ID3 thread posting about this (unless I'm imagining the whole thing).

I think it was press on the right arrow to go up one and then hold for 10 increments.

Hopefully whoever mentioned it in the ID3 thread can confirm.

I did somewhat miss the LKAS from my old ioniq. Having to turn around to the kids once or twice I was certainly more conscious that the ioniq would of stayed in lane for me more so than the ID4 did.

You got the first trim ? pity it doesn't have the travel assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Then there's the id.3 Max, 44K for the Max and has all the kit, how much lower range would the id.3 have over the 77 Kwh id.4 ?

ID.3 Tour is your best option, Travel Assist, HUD and Matrix LED headlights, as well as more range than the ID.4.

Big inside too - albeit not as huge as the Id.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Press lightly for up 1, Press harder for up in 10s. Or slide

Mine was difficult to differentiate between a light press and a heavy press. Seems better since update, so probably similar now to your ID.4. It's not ideal, fortunately I prefer to drive the car myself most of the time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Heated steering wheel in a Non max 1st? How do you turn it on?

You don't get the prize unless you figure it out for yourself!!! - and the prize is deciding what punishments' should be given to the UI designer who buried that setting so deep in the menus :-)

(It's standard in all ID cars AFAIK)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

catharsis wrote: »
    You don't get the prize unless you figure it out for yourself!!! - and the prize is deciding what punishments' should be given to the UI designer who buried that setting so deep in the menus :-)

(It's standard in all ID cars AFAIK)

You press the climate button below the screen and then press the wheel button on the left of the next screen.

catharsis wrote: »
    ID.3 Tour is your best option, Travel Assist, HUD and Matrix LED headlights, as well as more range than the ID.4.

Big inside too - albeit not as huge as the Id.4.

Could be, there is a 5 seater version on the way too, but the interior isn't as nice as the id.4, I din't think I would get the 4 seater.

The id,4 would be to try get the missus into electric when my time with the id.4 is finished, might persuade her to get rid of the Outlander and take over the repayments on the id.3 while I hop into something new in 3 years lol but it's a decent family car, the i3 is a lot smaller and I think coming from the BMW i3 I would like something a good bit larger this time. I did like the id.4 a lot when I saw it. Just a shame you have to spend so much on the id.4 before you can have travel assist, it's an option on the Skoda Enyak but not on the id.4.

Range is good in the id.3 tour though.

One thing I don't like about the id.4 is the huge price tag so ultimately it will come down to what I'm willing to put in as deposit and monthly payments.

eagerv wrote: »
    Mine was difficult to differentiate between a light press and a heavy press. Seems better since update, so probably similar now to your ID.4. It's not ideal, fortunately I prefer to drive the car myself most of the time..

Yeah, very easy to heavy press. Especially when you want to bump the speed by 2-3kmph.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yeah, very easy to heavy press. Especially when you want to bump the speed by 2-3kmph.

I am inclined to adjust speed by braking or accelerating and then re- pressing set. I find there is less chance of errors.

• Advertisement

eagerv wrote: »
    I am inclined to adjust speed by braking or accelerating and then re- pressing set. I find there is less chance of errors.

It's so obvious I feel like an idiot now. Thanks

Actually had a successful scheduled charge last night. Plugged in with about 30% battery, scheduled between 1am and 7am, and at 2.30 the car started charging, and was at 80% for my departure time of 7.45am. it did charge outside the preferred charging times (I kinda expected that from past experience), but I'll call that a win overall. Now to see can it reproduce that next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Somewhere in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4zu46ojkbo there is talk of a big battery ID4 with 3 years unlimited charging costing USD30k in Nevada. Think someone ( ML ? ) reckons M3 can be had for USD35k ... so 30k might seem plausible ( how much a MY ? )

The lack of a frunk is attributed to "The Transmission Guys" :) in VW. ( cant explain why I find this so funny, but I do :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Has anyone on here changed from a Tiguan to ID4?

Eventually I will go see the car but just wondering if it's at least an upgrade. The Tiguan is a super vehicle imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

forumdedum wrote: »

Eventually I will go see the car but just wondering if it's at least an upgrade. The Tiguan is a super vehicle imo.

Have you the tiguan or the tiguan allspace

forestgirl wrote: »
    Have you the tiguan or the tiguan allspace

The Tiguan, 2016 newer version

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

We're moving from the Tiguan Allspace to the ID.4... Tiguan is a great car but the space in the ID.4 when we sat in it is very impressive.

gear_ie wrote: »
    We're moving from the Tiguan Allspace to the ID.4... Tiguan is a great car but the space in the ID.4 when we sat in it is very impressive.

Thanks. Does it still have the sitting up higher feel of the Tiguan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-volkswagen-id-4-gtx-hot-electric-suv-launch-28-april

"The ID 4 GTX is set to be followed later this year by the ID 5, a coupé-crossover version of the ID 4. It is likely that model will also gain a GTX version eventually."

and China only
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-volkswagen-id-6-revealed-china-only-electric-suv

The id4 is between the tiguan and the tiguan allspace.
    I had a good look at the id4 it doesn't appear to be as high as either the tiguan or allspace but seems longer than tiguan but shorter than allspace.

The boot in the id4 was a good size but definitely not as big as the allspace
    The inside of the id4 seems a bit bland and I didn't like the arm rests but its a good size car and if you want to go electric it seems good

If I am to go electric it would have to be the id buzz due maybe next year or tear after that,I looked at the video and just loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Thanks. Does it still have the sitting up higher feel of the Tiguan?

The ID.4 is 6cm lower than the Tiguan, so you should still have the sitting up higher feel.

See size comparison in the attached file.

The id4 is between the tiguan and the tiguan allspace.
    I had a good look at the id4 it doesn't appear to be as high as either the tiguan or allspace but seems longer than tiguan but shorter than allspace.

The boot in the id4 was a good size but definitely not as big as the allspace
    The inside of the id4 seems a bit bland and I didn't like the arm rests but its a good size car and if you want to go electric it seems good

Thanks for this. I would prefer to sit high as in Tiguan I think but mind may change if sitting in the ID4.

I do not like the way the boot dips at all. i like the idea of sliding equipment, even boxes of shopping etc instead of having to lift/drop

What was up with the armrest?

The ID.4 is 6cm lower than the Tiguan, so you should still have the sitting up higher feel.

See size comparison in the attached file.

That's not too bad. Is that the AllSpace in that image? Seems a big difference in boot space

Thanks for this. I would prefer to sit high as in Tiguan I think but mind may change if sitting in the ID4.

I do not like the way the boot dips at all. i like the idea of sliding equipment, even boxes of shopping etc instead of having to lift/drop

What was up with the armrest?

Actually yes you are correct about the boot more like a saloon car but with the lid of the tiguan and as for the arm rests they are 2 separate skinny things remind me of a train

And if you are happy with the higher driving position of the allspace you will be lower in the id4

If I am to go electric it would have to be the id buzz due maybe next year or tear after that,I looked at the video and just loved it

Get in the queue behind me for the buzz. Just gorgeous.

Actually yes you are correct about the boot more like a saloon car but with the lid of the tiguan and as for the arm rests they are 2 separate skinny things remind me of a train

I think one of the editions has something to raise the boot, not sure by how much.

Arm rests don't sound good. I wonder if they are the same size in all models

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I think one of the editions has something to raise the boot, not sure by how much.

Arm rests don't sound good. I wonder if they are the same size in all models

The 1st Max has a false floor which raises the boot level to the same level as the back seats when flat

I don't know if the back seats go completely flat or if they're slightly inclined like a lot of other cars

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Get in the queue behind me for the buzz. Just gorgeous.

Are you going to change from the allspace to the id4?
    I definitely will be staying where I am

Are you going to change from the allspace to the id4?
    I definitely will be staying where I am

I don't have the All Space version of the Tiguan. I do really like my Tiguan. I haven't decided yet. I have yet to see the ID4 in person or test drive it. The Tiguan is such a fine car I'd be worried about making wrong decision.

My car is over 4 years old and has 143000kms on clock. Been running perfectly but suspect will need new timing belt/water pump soon and in a while 4 new tyres.

• Advertisement

Was the seating position as high as the allspace?

Advertisement