Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Seriously, you think that it is a negative that this guy Dan Evans is prepared to be a witness in a court of law for Harry (and many others who were hacked by The Sun and other tabloids)?

Do you think that Harry is paying him to do that or something because if he is, both Harry and his lawyers would be in very serious trouble with the Courts.

Even Piers Morgan and Dan Wootton know to keep themselves out of court and hide behind their newspapers lawyers because they will have to tell the truth, unlike what they do in the newspaper articles.

Omid Scobie testified as to what he saw Piers Morgan up to in a court of law. That takes guts as a journalist because it might make it very difficult for him to get work for having testified against a newspaper employer.

Family Guy etc. is irrelevant and the rest of what you say.

Do you not find it interesting that Harry wrote to Charles offering to give up all his titles (published by Dan Wootton) - hardly the actions of a 'big shot' action clinging onto his position as a member of the Royal Family.

And just to be clear, there were credible death threats against Harry and Archie from white supremists (according to the Met Police), some of whom has since been put in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

However the bias is pretty stark. Convicted phone hacker says in court on behalf of Prince Harry that phone hacking happened. Stop the Press. 2012 called and wants its headline back. Prince Harry armed with multiple examples in court can’t conclusively prove that he was hacked because the stories could have stemmed from other sources beyond phone hacking and just because thinking such stories came from hacking doesn’t mean they did . Judge says “Dude, it’s 2023, that was 20 plus years ago so why didn't you sue when people were getting convicted for such crimes? Ok, I'll be fair, you can go to trial for the stuff like them paying people 50 quid for tip offs so they could snap you falling out of night clubs”. 

Remember the only royals who are officially confirmed in court records as having secretly/covertly worked with a journalist (Omid Scobie) was Harry and Meghan via their aide Jason Knauf. As elephants in the room go then that’s a sizeable one and one which Byline blankly ignores. Perhaps we’ll see these allegations gain something as credible in court this January. Who knows.

Convicted phone hacker who served time in prison and who thinks its wrong that the people behind the phone hacking and other dubious methods of obtaining information like Piers Morgan and Dan Wootoon got off scot free? If he has the evidence, he has the evidence. The judge will decide, but bearing in mind that the newspapers main defence is that it happened over six years ago, seems to me to be an admission of guilt.

Do you think they were guilty of phone hacking and obtaining information illegally? A yes or no answer will suffice.

Harry has proof that his Aide (Christian Jones) was leaking private information to Dan Wootton through Jones' partner who received payment from Wootton of £3,000. We know about the payment because a Sun staff member who worked in the Sun's accounts blew the whistle on him. You cant pay public officials for information (thats corruption). Christian Jones is a public official. When it was investigated by Palace (and the Met Police) - Harry reported it to the police. The Palace (Simon Case, Williams Aide and now Head of Civil Service) investigated what happened and cleared Chrisian Jones from wrongdoing because Jones claimed that although he had met Dan Wootton, he didn't know him. That was a lie. And Bylinetimes produced the evidence to prove it was a lie (a photo taken at a small party of Dan Wootton's closest friends on Instagram - Jones was in a group photo of 4 or 5 with Dan Wootton, which was on Instagram - so no dodgy stuff getting the photo evidence that he had lied by Bylinetimes).

Wootton is in trouble as well as Christian Jones! Custodial could be on the way.

Harry handwrote a letter to Prince Charles where he offered to return the Titles. He didn't tell anyone else about this, so the leak did come from the Palace.

As for the co-operation with Omid Scobie - the judge ruled that this information was irrelevant to the court case. Meghan apologised to the court for forgetting that she had consented to Knauf speaking to Omid Scobie and that is the last she heard about it. She didnt speak to Omid herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Karppi

Harry handwrote a letter to Prince Charles where he offered to return the Titles. He didn't tell anyone else about this, so the leak did come from the Palace.

Of course, if Harry had mentioned it to Meghan, she’d have likely forgotten about it anyway. She has form in that regard. Not that she’d have leaked it, of course

When is Omid Scobie’s book due out? It must be soon. The prep work is underway, clearly

Why would Meghan tell/leak to Dan Wootton who absolutely hates her and Harry anything? Omid Scobie didn't break that particular story - Wootton did. You do realise that Harry and Meghan are sueing most of the British tabloids, so would hardly be leaking anything to them anyway as it could be used against them in court🙄

Maybe you really have no understanding of how tortuous H&M’s minds are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Be right back

I'm not on a jury to decide anyones guilt. The prospect of perjury sure does prompt people to make admissions. Irrelevant to the court case? Yes and minimise away but proof, for me, that they are hypocrites i.e. My family/staff briefed press against us, we have no proof of this but feel sure it happened so it must have but when we do things like that (with proof) it's a-ok because we have to get our truth out there somehow.

Post edited by valoren on

Its ok to brief the press. Millions of organisations, presidents, charities, politicians, kings etc. brief the press. Harry briefs the press about Invictus or whatever. That is all above board.

What is wrong is for the the RF/their staff to brief private information to the press without the consent of those involved. For instance, that Jones chap leaked about who Archie's godparents were when they knew that H&M wanted to keep that private. Or leaking information about Megxit when they were only discussing it.

They have proof now that they were leaking private information (re the handwritten letter Harry wrote to his father in which he offered to return his titles. The people who knew about that were Harry (possibly Meghan) and Prince Charles (and possibly some of Charles staff). Of all of those, who do you think would have told Dan Wootton so that he could publish it

Please do answer this question (and by the way, I'm still waiting for an answer on whether you think the tabloids were phone hacking and obtaining private information illegally or whether they are innocent of all that illegal stuff

As for your comment about perjury. What happened in the privacy court case was that Jason Knauf said that Meghan briefed the press (or got her staff to do so). The judge said that this was irrelevant to this particular case. Meghan apologised to the court because she had forgotten that she knew that Knauf was going to meet with Scobie to discuss the book. She said she didnt know what was said in that meeting as she didnt hear back from Knauf about it.

Christoper Jones lied about his connection to Dan Wootton (and there is photo evidence of his friendship on Wootton's Instagram Account. The Sun (ordered by Wootton) made payments to Jones' partner. There is a money/paper trail. That is illegal. The Sun, Wootton & Jones are snookered but it really isn't good for the Firm as it is now public knowledge that they are (like all the British politicians in the pocket of the press barons.

• Advertisement

And you believe that? Knauf never told me what he said even though I gave him detailed notes to throw my family under the bus covertly? Let it all come out in the case since you think it's an open and shut case then. It will be interesting to follow. At least Harry has some evidence this time.

I answered. I'm not on any jury and the people you mention are not on trial. Thinking someone is guilty because you don't like them and innocent because you like them isn't healthy at all. I need to read up about Wooten/Jones as not overly familiar with them. I think this whole Byline business isn't gaining any real traction at all and given the bias involved and likely promo/publicity going on then maybe that's the reason why.

@jm08

Do you at all think Harry and/or Meghan were the ones leaking their personal letters to Charles? The only sources I can see for Harrys is guff from the likes of Geo TV and The Daily Record.

I believe that it was unimportant at the time and Knauf was a trusted aide then? Why would she question him on what he said to Omid Scobie. I dont see anything wrong with what they were trying to do which was get some accuracy into the book (which is in an email Harry wrote to Knauf).

ITV are the only ones reporting it. Strangely enough, the Mail, express etc. are saying nothing about it.😉

Good Morning Britain had a poll the other day asking if parodies of Harry & Meghan (South Park, Family Guy) should stop. Meg been making phone calls again to ITV? They are pro Sussex seemingly. (Inserts Simpsons "Stop! Stop! He's already dead!" meme).

Ah that bonkers first amendment.

Not a chance H&M were leaking to Dan Wootton/Daily Mail / The Sun 😅 It was Dan Wootton who broke the story about the private handwritten letter to Charles. The BylineTimes have been investigating Wootton over the last few years and have exposed him as a nasty piece of work.

The consensus of opinion on social media seems to be that Wootton/Knauf/Jones have something huge on either Charles, but more likely William which caused Charles to throw his son and grandson to the wolves to protect a palace employee, but more likely his first born son and heir to the throne.

The Rose Hanbury/William affair presumably? The one Giles Coren said he made up and then, in case it didn't sink in the first time, recently had to re-iterate he was indeed talking bollocks.

• Advertisement

Its not Rose Hanbury - that is no big deal for the Royal Family from Henry VIII on (and probably before). Charles & Philip both had mistreses and it was accepted, so its tradition at this stage. With the likes of Wootton involved, it could be anything.

“………..throw his son and grandson to the wolves”

I think the phraseology approved by Meghan is, “I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves. I was being fed to the wolves.” It’s important for Meghan’s acolytes to stick rigidly to the script.

Its pretty obvious that the Charles & William wanted Meghan gone which shouldn't be too surprising for them, but to pull the security of Harry & Archie when there were death threats on their lives by white suprematists (Harry for betraying white men and Archie because he was mixed blood) makes you think that Charles and William are capable of anything to protect themselves.

I don't know how anyone can swallow the spin that Harry betrayed his family when we know what his family did to him and his family in order to protect themselves.

Security protocol (decisions, threat levels, who pays etc.) has been covered frequently.

Looking at the promo for Scobies End Game and it says;

"CONVERSATIONS and INTERVIEWS with current and former Palace staff, trusted friends of the royals and even the FAMILY MEMBERS THEMSELVES"

Not even hiding H&M involvement anymore? I think the crux of the book was written before the Queen died (but would be released after she died) since it completely aligns with the Sussex branded victim narrative. You have the "deeply unpopular King", the "power hungry heir", the Queen "going to dangerous levels to protect her image" and of course the hero, the Prince "forced to start a new life after being betrayed by his family".

I think the books gambit/selling point was to capitalise on and leverage off audiences from the Netflix series which went all Empire 2.0, once Spare was released and Harry was taken into peoples hearts and once the above descriptions of his family solidified in the public imagination via relentless PR to keep them in the news/click bait cycle.

Instead we see a pretty smooth transition between monarchs with the King, particularly considering who he was following, enjoying a degree of popularity with most, the Queen getting on doing the patronage/charity job, the heir and his wife more popular/well regarded than ever (even polling well in the US...ffs) along with anti-monarchy/pro-republican sentiment relatively unchanged all told.

How, for example, is someone power hungry when that power is coming to them regardless? It's this kind of dumb ass logic which invites ridicule and which shows a clear biased agenda. Whatever optics Scobie (and Harry and Meghan) wanted to have in place by now simply isn't there and the book along with the incessant victim playing, given whats going on in the world, is coming across as pretty desperate.

Celebrating Halloween..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I hope the wolves are over their indigestion and have fully recovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

No costumes, apart from Meghan's funeral hat (sans the candle in the church).

Whoever took this photo, and the one of them celebrating 4 July, clearly eschews the use of a mobile phone’s camera and relies instead on a trusty Pocket Instamatic.

More family tiffs - on a related theme, apparently Meaghans new “brand” that she’s working on with a mega brand management company loved by the A listers must steer clear of “victim” mentality as apparently that doesn’t pay very well compared to a more confident and positive image.

Daily Mail never missed a chance to slag H&M but I do wonder what’s going on with Pa-pa and Harry - if they’re still continuing this bickering it won’t end well

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

At a guess, I'd say the family line for invites is "You and your kids can come, your wife is not welcome."

The appointment to the board of the wildlife charity for Harry is interesting - it might indicate a move to spending some time in Africa.

I think I suggested way back that if their marriage did go wrong that the family wouldn't necessarily welcome him back into the fold right away given how much he's pissed off the UK public. I don't think Charles can risk the backlash so early into his reign if he did. But Harry's too malleable to be let out by himself. Charles is still a father though and I think he wouldn't turn his back on his own son if he needed him. So the safest way is to give him a "job" in Africa with a fat little allowance for Harry from the Royal personal wealth, and he can hop between London and Africa, where tabs can be kept on him and the palace can cover up his inevitable gaffes as they did before. It's a similar set up to what was done with the Duke of Windsor when he abdicated and made the best of a bad situation then.

It’s a “Hollywood” marriage - I did a quick google and one of the first results stated celebrity marriages last 7.4 years on average - so just under 2 years left for them 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,183 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

to be fair harry hasn't pissed off the uk public as a whole, just the monarchist cultist and far right elements who are angry at anything and everything they are told to be angry about.

for most there they have real issues like how their country is being ran into the ground by pound shop fascists to care about them either way.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

So! the Privacy case Harry & others have against the Daily Mail is going to trial. Id imagine this will cause a lot of difficulty for the RF as to why they didn't inform Harry that he actually had a case, with William taking the payout!

Elsewhere, Meghan's halfsister, Samantha, is pursing another defamation case against Meghan. The claim this time is that Meghan's defamatory comments on Oprah and netflix docu. caused her to lose sales of her book (The Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister LOL)

Me, I think they would probably push up sales if anything.She is sueing for $75,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's important not for the "Celebs" themselves but for wider society that the scumbag tactics and methods the likes of the Daily Mail uses is at least highlighted.

Hopefully they win.

I dunno EOTY- he’s a bit of a moan-fest at this stage- you can only go so far with the British public when it comes to the RF- remember it’s “their” RF, not Harry’s - the irony of that post considering Harry is RF, yeah I know, but doesn’t matter - the public will keep their own council when it comes to their King - I’d say the mood is put up and shut up Harry - tabloid articles don’t help BUT, between the book and the TV series, Harry burnt a lot of bridges- ball is in his court to repair damage is how I see it and how I think the British public see it.

Attacking RF always gets kudos in short term but British public have short memories and there’s always another Kings birthday or Royal event around the corner to distract them - oh look a parade -YAY😀

• Advertisement

in fairness he's just doing what the rest of them do.

the whole thing with the rf is one big grift and a con and it's really only supported by older people now with support among young people at an all time low.

i would definitely say there is a way back for harry if in the unlikely event he wanted it with the british public once the brexit voting generation have passed.

as i said it's just the rf cult fans and the far right who hate him, with most there not caring either way because as i said they have their own problems.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

They’re waiting for William and Kate but tbh that will be to little too late - they’re already looking bland and harmless - but that’s probably the best way to have the RF these days- it keeps the younger generation on side - charities, ribbon cutting, supporting climate initiatives - all very nice and British and reassuring - RF are ignoring H&M - pretty much written out of the RF at this stage, at least in public but in private to a degree too- they’re getting on with things as is their want- I’d respect Harry more if he renounced his titles and became Mr. Harry but he hasn’t - he’s just a spoilt child.

william and kate won't keep the majority of the young on side, the RF will likely be abolished in the coming decades.

going to go out and say it's a case of when and not if as the young are seeing their standards of living going down the toilet while these lot live in luxury with absolute privilage.

to be honest harry is right to keep the titles and milk them, the others are doing that so why not him? sure he has left and quite right for his own sake and his wife and children but he may as well use what he can and milk it for all it's worth.

One very happy looking, the other not so much...

Ah that proves whatever you’re looking to prove so 🤪

His body language..😬 Does he ever regret what he has said and done over the last few years?

Yea, he is about to go make a speech (with no notes)!

• Advertisement

Like escape that abusing family of his, who wanted to keep him so badly, his own father pulled his security and set the paps on them and then evicted him and his family from his home that he & his wife (the mother of Charles' grandkids) paid a couple of million to fix up.

I'd say he regrets leaving like he might regret having a hole in his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Meghan has to be the centre of attention. Always.

Turns out that there’s a bit missing from the cropped photo shown above. There’s a poor guy trying to make a speech, but it’s more important to Meghan to go on her self aggrandising mission to make the event about her. Small wonder Harry hangs his head in shame - with just a touch of desperation

• Advertisement

And apparently the man is a former commander of the navy seals! Can't imagine he would have been very impressed..

How do you make greeting someone in a group making the event about themselves? What would one achieve by doing that? Do you think it worked?

The only people making the event about her is people like you who can't stop yourselves talking about her.

Greeting them during a speech by someone else would seem rather inappropriate, and more the behaviour of someone who thinks that they are the main attraction. This is just the latest example of how Meghan tries to take over any event; obviously, she’s the most important person on the planet and all others should stand to one side in her presence.

I don’t like that sort of self-centred, selfish carry-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How long left in the marriage, folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Interesting.

Wonder who paid the shady "think tank" to take the case?

• Advertisement
Advertisement