Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well then as you and many others here(myself included) have no time for the monarchy why didn’t they name the person ? It was said that it would be very bad for that person. If they had evidence of racism they should’ve named the person. They didn’t and also Meghan said the conversations were relayed to her by harry so it wasn’t even a first hand interaction, yet Meghan felt that second hand and very inconsistent account of a alleged racist conversation on worldwide TV.

Would anyone here like it if a family member went on TV and said you a racist with no concrete evidence of it ? I know I wouldn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hmm. She mustn’t have known about all that other “stuff,” so.

yes, as I already said: As a free human being she has a right to refuse. As a working/serving member of RF, she has no rights to refuse. She can, but then she will face the consequences.

No, decent impartial and unbiased people are not ready to automatically believe serious allegations without some actual concrete evidence. And guess what, there still has been zero evidence of any actual racism concerning this allegation.

you’re beyond funny at this stage. Your utter disdain for the RF has zapped you of any sensible and objective reasoning.

and anyone who doesn’t toe the line with Meghan and you here are labeled RF fawners. Seriously, is this the best you can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,751 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

decent impartial and unbiased people are not ready to automatically believe serious allegations

You mean that someone in the Royal Family may be a bit racist? yeah that's way too far fetched.

Paying off a rape victim, sure yeah that's a given, but being racist absolutely not. No way.

😂

Not sure what Philip and Andrew have to do with Markle’s racist claim. Unless you’re trying to say that because one person in the RF, a man from an era years ago showed racist tendencies, that now we must believe automatically what Markle is claiming?

• Advertisement

You don't have to automatically believe anything, the rape victims silence was bought in February by the way.

Your assertion that no decent people could believe the claim is farcical given they have done far worse more even more recently.

Also it was Harry who claimed it not his wife.

Maybe best to get a rudimentary understanding of the claim before you dismiss it outright.

Anyway the claim is that there was direct conversations about how dark the child would be, given the institution we are dealing with, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind those conversations could have took place. It's hardly a mental allegation.

Ok, so someone had a conversation on how the baby’s skin color would look.

And? Was this worthy of labeling the RF racist on a public talk show? Throwing a racist claim out over a conversation that could well have been nothing but genuine and innocent observing?

Can you not see why people are not ready to take this as meaning someone in RF was a racist here? Being labeled a racist is a very serious label.

Let’s assume this conversation happened. Does it automatically mean it was with racist intentions by a a genuine racist?

She and Harry claimed it. They are a unit here. She was part of the claim as well.

They both clearly implied that the conversation and person involved was/were racist.

If someone in an inherently racist institution is "concerned" about a baby's skin colour, then yes I can see why that may have been seen as racist.

Strange hill to die on though, do you normally go out of your way to justify racist acts? Sure twas only a bit of innocent observation. 😂

Not a great look lad.

She should put up or shut up. Making such a claim is very serious and should have the accuser brought to book.

Iagree with POT in that the Oprah interview turned most people off Meghan. Lies about the wedding that wasn’t and accusations of racism without naming and shaming showed her true colours.

• Advertisement

Nonsense. You’re the only one dying on any hill here, ready to believe this claim purely because of a disdain for the RF. If it was any other family, you’d likely be dismissing it.

Hanging this claim and believing it based off the historical makeup of a family. Deal with here and now. They made the claim based off a conversation in 2020 I think was the year. No one was named, and the actual story, a very vague conversation based off someone allegedly passing comment on how the baby’s skin color would look.

and you, and some others have ran with this because of your own disdain for an institution. If it damages the institution I despise, that’s great. This is pretty much the ignorant logic at play here.

Can I ask. If she and Harry named them, does this mean people then must believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

How quickly people forget that Harry is on record racially abusing army colleagues. Or was that just a bit of banter, unlike the very serious crime of wondering out loud which parent a baby will look like.

Lol.

Calm down. You are having an absolute mare, you went from claiming no decent person would believe it happened, to accepting it may have happened, but it was not racist, but innocent observation. 😂

I get it, you are a monarchist and when people say negative factual things about the Royal Family it upsets you, it upsets you even more when members of the family say them. That's fair enough.

But please don't pontificate that people only have opinions out of unfounded or unfair distain.

This family paid off an underage rape victim less than 7 months ago. But but but the Queen cut ribbons for 7 decades.

But you don't have to take my word for it, when a senior member of that family is calling them horrific it's probably wise to put the flag down and reflect a little before calling other people out for "ignorant logic".

Anyway I imagine by the time Charlie has finished his petulant tour, chastising aids and fighting with stationary mainly and the dust settles, support for your beloved institution will nose dive to the point not even the Daily Mail will care.

Just a thought. 👍️

If you bothered to actually read what I wrote, you'd see I said that people aren't "automatically" ready to believe an allegation, based off it just being claimed. I never said no decent person could believe it. So, maybe if you slow down and read what I wrote....

Pointless discussing with you when it's clear you will only read what suits your narrative. That being, anything that damages the RF, I will run with

I prefer some substance and evidence and two sides etc, before I am ready to make a call. That's just me. Impartial, logic and common sense. Shoot me.

Well he didn't lick it off a stone did he? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭chooseusername

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

They claimed a racist remark was made by a Royal. Their story about that remark, in a pre-recorded and edited interview, differed which to anyone being rational was a red flag straight off. Recollections did indeed vary. They magnanimously said they wouldn't name the person. Then the inevitable speculation was that this must surely have been Prince Phillip who was notorious for his racial gaffes through the years i.e. do you guys still chuck spears at each other, the guy who was on his death bed when it aired. Uh oh! PR problem. The bombshell was neutered and then what happened? Oprah told Gayle King who told us that Harry told Oprah that it wasn't him or the Queen which quelled those suspicions which then naturally (and deliberately) fell on the other senior royals. Yet Oprah now says she doesn't interfere in private family business. It's telling that they could say who it wasn't but not who it actually was and thus leave room for speculation.

Looking at it objectively then this was a divorced biracial American celebrity who married into the whiter than white British royal family. Despite what some might think this was celebrated as progressive. She was afforded advisors, PR, staff. In general most, including me, hoped she'd be successful at it. Given patrons, titles, property. She was one of the most famous women in the world and, of course, this attracted incredible media attention. Given the option to keep acting if she wanted to. If they are being racist then they are admittedly being pretty shite at it. Unfortunately the same rules of protocol applied to Meghan just as it did to literally everyone else in that unique family. Even when they wanted out they were allowed out albeit with restrictions as to what the "out" related to in their request for half in/half out e.g. we'd prefer if you weren't brand ambassadors using your HRH titles thanks very much.

Even despite this reported racism and neglect Meghan still wanted to be linked. Odd. They even got money to get settled overseas and, with a year to review their options, they were open to coming back full time if they so wished. I think they wanted out and were aghast at what being out actually meant i.e. curtailing security, removing expenses etc.

In the end I guess being sixth on the call sheet simply wasn't enough. It wasn't acceptable that those PR staff, the advisors and men in grey suits were not in situ with the express purpose of aggrandizing Meghan and Harry and their brand rather than the monarch. They believed their own hype and as someone brilliantly pointed out earlier they became the Brian McFadden of the Royal family i.e. an initial surge and honeymoon period going solo but without the longevity or likeability to sustain themselves. I can imagine the execs at Netflix watching the pomp and ceremony of recent days as well as the Jubilee in June and thinking this was what they were supposedly getting exclusive access and rights to but they invested in a pair of lemons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

We don't know what the conversation was. "Hey, Hazzar, I hope your sprogs don't end up pale, freckly gingers like you! Hopefully they'll take after their mother" That's a comment about the possible skin tone of their kids. Is it racist?

No he didn't mention anything how freckly the child would be, just that there were conversations about how dark the child would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Be right back

But that is all he mentioned. No context. And his story didn't align with his wife's version. Absolutely, it could have been an appalingly ignorant and racist remark. But it equally could have been an innocent observation on which of the parents' features the child would inherit. If it's not racist to wonder if the child will be pale and freckly like Harry, why would it be racist to wonder if he will inherit his mother's skin tone? And to label someone racist for that is appalling.

If, on the other hand, a malicious, ignorant, racist remark was made,lets hear it and tell us who made it. Britain is multi-racial, not to mention the Common Wealth. The people have a right to know when they are funding a person who hates them for their skin colour.

The people have a right to know when they are funding

I imagine we will be waiting.

The British public just funded the silence of an underage rape victim, doubt they will be holding their hands up to being racist.

The poster has decided that the claim was a nasty racist and intentional racist comment not because he believes it, or knows it is true, but because it is a bad mark against an institution he has a disdain for.

We only have their very casual and vague version. That version can in no way let any decent and impartial person make a call on whether or not this RF member said what he/she said in a deliberate racist manner.

No different to the suicide claim they threw out......they used two very emotive topics because they knew these could not be too heavily challenged.

And anyone who dares to not believe Meghan's suicide claims is met with derision....

The onus is on H & M to tell us what was said and by whom.

Nothing to do with that appalling Sleaze bag who has just been appointed Counsellor of State by his big eared big brother.

You seem to think anyone who criticises H & M support the monarchy. I think the sniping at Meghan's every move and gesture is ridiculous. I thought it was great that they were pulling out of the show til I realised they weren't. They still want the titles, the privilege and all the BS. They have been caught out in blatant lies. So it is reasonable to wonder, given the dearth of information they gave about the racist comment , if it was in fact a racist comment. I'm not saying it wasn't. I'm saying that given these two's track record of being very elastic with "their truth" , it could just as easily have been not.

The onus is on H & M to tell us what was said and by whom.

So the onus is on them to name the racist sod because that racist sod is funded by the public? A family that used public money in February to pay off an underage rape victim.

I don't think so.

Personally I think it is time for dysfunctional freaks to hold their hands up own their horrible behaviour.

We can start by King Charlie explaining to the great British public why they had they to pay to silence a child who was trafficked and raped.

Then we can work our way down. Like I said we will be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭madeiracake

The problem is that given Meghan's repeated preference for "her truth" rather than actual facts it really rather hard to believe anything she says. Pretty much everything she said in Oprah interview and subsequent statements have been flat out lies. Pre wedding wedding, Only child, at riots, Nelson Mandela celebration etc etc. They couldn't even get their story straight about the racism. It's like posters here throwing the bullying card around like confetti if someone disagrees with them. The royal pr machine has played a blinder they just left her to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Advertisement

No, the onus is on them to name and shame the racist instead of casting asperrtions on everyone by not doing so. X said "y". Not someone said something.

Personally, I think the dysfunctional freak show should be abolished . I also think that H &M are a pair of manipulative, entitled liars trying to grift a living on the back of once being part of the dysfunctional freak show. See, those views are not mutually exclusive

Advertisement