Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Stanley 1

'I understand that, unlike Prince Andrew, Prince Harry will NOT be allowed to wear uniform at the final vigil in Westminster Hall. No doubt a huge blow for the Duke of Sussex, who served for 10 years and this morning spoke of the Queen being his ''commander-in-chief''', he tweeted this afternoon.

If true, Harry and Megham will be on the war path, Harry's true pecking order is below the pedo, time to go back to LA after they get a copy of the Queen's will of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's a different thread though and the only defence I've seen there is people denying he felt up his grieving daughter. I haven't seen the clip so I won't comment here.

Andy was in morning suit this evening not full military regalia unlike Ed and Anne who were- he also walked behind those two so he’s really been demoted

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

Fair enough , that poster has a serious wide on for the RF so I thought he meant it in a friendly way.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

The irony that the only two of them to actually see action in war can't wear their military uniforms is delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,978 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Please, quit the Diana nonsense. She was a bit of a media whore herself. I thought she was a good and generous person, but she wasn’t near as shy and coy as some would have you believe.

Used the media as much as they used her. And, she was years OUT of RF at time of death. So Harry saying he got out of RF so his wife wouldn’t suffer like his mother? The RF didn’t hound his mother…

and since he’s out of the RF, or half out, he’s had as much, if not more media attention for him and his wife. Why? Because that’s what H&M want.

don’t be fooled.

If you’re referring to me you’re mixing me up with another poster whom a number of you had a run in with on the topic of Andy which I didn’t participate in but either way I’ve reported you for trolling me as I won’t stand for being called a pedo sympathisr regardless of whether it’s mistaken identity or not - good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I would think this funeral was meticulously planned and that the Queen was heavily involved. If she wants her favorite son to wear his uniform despite being a see you next tuesday then what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,978 ✭✭✭✭walshb

There are some posters who will accuse anyone (not labeling Andrew a paedohile) as a paedo sympathiser.

Nothing to do with “defending,” even. Just if you don’t label him a paedophile, you are therefore a paedo sympathiser.

Seems some folks don’t actually know what paedophilia is. It’s a very clear/strict definition, but some people want to only read a sentence or two of it and don’t read the actual meaning; because it suits their agenda regarding Andrew.

• Advertisement

It’s extraordinary but nothing surprises me in this thread at this stage- thanks for the explanation .

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Oh no anything but a dress !! !! Markles power is now gone ha ha ha !!

i wonder will they do a running commentary on the fashion:

And here’s the Queen consort in a black dress

Now comes The Princess Wales wearing, erm a black dress

Oh look, here’s Megan - can’t quite see her yet- oh wait, wait is she wearing a …oh, no .. she’s in a black dress too.

……

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And that's coming from Meghans unofficial mouthpiece, so we know who gave him that info.. Can people really not see how infuriating it must be for the RF for details like this to be leaked constantly, especially when it can paint Harry and Meghan as victims ? No wonder they don't want to be alone with either of them, nothing is sacred. Imagine a family member posting their side of any family disagreements on Facebook. It would be so annoying!

Harry wanted the tabloid abuse to stop, it's not about whether she was in the royal family or not. There is a proven deliberate strategic campaign against her. Of course it's gonna resonate personally with Harry.

I don't get the "Diana courted the press" thing. She was in the public eye - the press sought her, they were obsessed. And she did have lots of public engagements, so, grand. This did not make her a hypocrite for objecting to paparazzi hiding in the bushes for private moments to capture.

It reminds me of when that absolute pond life Milo Yiannopoulos used a photo of a Muslim woman on her phone looking non upset during a terrorist attack in London... to say "look at the evil Muslim woman and her indifference and heartlessness!"

It's sinister to dissect people that way for whatever you want to believe.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Remember this is the guy who went on TV and, in the middle of the pandemic, complained that his father had cut him off financially (after giving him £2 million), that he had to dip into his inherited multi millions in order to buy a multi million mansion and pay for security and reluctantly had to sign multiple multi million dollar deals with streaming companies, the kind of deals actually talented and creativr people yearning for a break are craving.

He's an entitled tone deaf eejit so moaning about not getting to wear his uniform is small fry. I think if Scobie is accurate then Harry getting aggrieved at not getting to wear a uniform is not grievance for not being able to honour his granny but rather it would make great content for Netflix considering they are producing an Invictus series and it will be a missed opportunity. Just a guess. The paymasters need their pound of flesh. His brother is now worth a reported $1.34 billion as well. I doubt he will be as generous as his dad in throwing him a couple of million here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a case of Meghan is all bad & the Royal family are some holier than thou institution. The truth is always somewhere in between. I think the Royal family did possibly feel threatened by Meghan and accusations of a William affair were quickly buried in favour of bad Meghan tabloid headlines. Meghan herself has courted the media since moving abroad, interviews and criticising the family since she left, perhaps she feels the need to justify it. Or perhaps she’s just trying to keep in the spotlight, I don’t really care.

I do think, Meghan plus the Royal family are a terrible combination. But now that Elizabeth II has died, I would not be surprised if one of her dying wishes was for the brothers to put their differences aside. I think Charles will know ultimately it’s better for his tenure if they try and reel them back in somehow rather than the dread of the hot air they are blowing intermittently against the Royals from California.

I tell ya, you try it sometime- 4 houses and housekeepers…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Has Charles worn the kilt while in Scotland? he used to be mad for the fashion up there. The Gamekeepers at Balmoral wore them while carrying the coffin to the hearse and into Hollyrood

Full kilt at the religious service this evening

It was well known at the time that Diana tipped off the press when she wanted publicity, then complained about invasion of privacy when she didn't.

There was a public and press backlash against her before her death and overnight beatification.

Yes, she married in as a naive and shy young woman but she quickly learned to capitalise her star power.

And the woman who said she knew nothing about the RF, hadn't even googled Harry and yet, somehow, was a fan of his mother and hired people to get herself introduced to him. Now she has her Obi-Wan Kenobi letting us all know Harry can't wear his uniform at the funeral. The funeral of a woman she apparently respects so much yet still sees nothing wrong with generating a tabloid headline about what her husband can't wear to his granny's funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DontHitTheDitch

You have got to love the innocent folk out there who saw on Twitter that the Daily Mail don't like Meghan, so now in their eyes she's as pure as the driven snow.

Anyone who thinks she's as pure as the driven snow is naive, but you're downplaying the Mail's role. It's not that they simply "dislike" her - they're waging a full blown campaign against her. People keep using that word "dislike" dishonestly. It's naked hatred and harassment. Mere dislike would be grand.

Harry seems worse tbh. And of course not a peep out of them when it comes to the worst of all - his uncle who isn't Edward.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Meghan is getting cyber bullied , anyone can see that, when people of influence like Piers Morgan bully her, the sheep follow. It's up to the influencers to know better,

He can't help himself, it's all personal of course, as she was mates with him once, but she ghosted him once she got with Harry

Not just Morgan. The Mail's editorial policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

There have always been scandals in the RF. Many have been hidden. Had Philip affairs? Had queen to accept his mistress, even at funeral? Was queen mother an alcoholic. Princess Margaret's affairs. Prince Charles and Camilla tapes. Randy Andy and his escapades. Fergie's toe sucking and selling time with Andrew. Diana affairs. Charles close friendship with Jimmy Saville. Prince William's affair. And so much more. Harry and Meghan are mild in comparison.

Are we being directed to look in one direction, while the real scandal is hidden somewhere else.

• Advertisement

All that’s left is the corgis - don’t tell me they had an orgy with a Shetland pony?

Advertisement