Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid 19 PUP - Self-Employed only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭64869923

HereinBray wrote: »
    Hi All,

Money hit my account this morning! The higher rate.

HIB

Delighted to hear that!

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi there, yes I think your both right, Heather Humphries was interviewed on the news at one and was grilled about a few things but she clearly stated the self employed can take up one off, small jobs without their claim be affected.

There maybe be a podcast of the show if anyone wants to listen back :)

Try this, about half way through
    https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21814571

For anyone going down this road, tread lightly, the Dept. of SW aren't known for their generosity or flexibilty. I also heard that on the radio and it's so ill defined, what's a small amount of work/money, I'm sure it's many things to many different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

64869923 wrote: »
    For anyone going down this road, tread lightly, the Dept. of SW aren't known for their generosity or flexibilty. I also heard that on the radio and it's so ill defined, what's a small amount of work/money, I'm sure it's many things to many different people.

Agreed and this was my initial worry 'I don't like the "fully unemployed" rule still listed " the Minister seems to be suggesting, contact your local intero centre before taking up a small job as such, but the cynic in me thinks this could lead to more trouble than its worth. Its a tough one

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Agreed and this was my initial worry 'I don't like the "fully unemployed" rule still listed " the Minister seems to be suggesting, contact your local intero centre before taking up a small job as such, but the cynic in me thinks this could lead to more trouble than its worth. Its a tough one

Say nothing and worry about it when you have to do your 2020 tax NEXT YEAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

The weekly amount will be reduced from September 17th 2020 .
    The new PUP top rate of €350 will be reduced to €300 from Sept 17th . This amount will only be paid to those who were earning more than €300 per week before the pandemic.

Those who earned between €200 and €300 a week pre-Covid will see their pandemic payment reduced to €250 a week .

Claimants who earned less than €200 per week prior to the pandemic are currently on PUP of €203 a week . This will remain at €203.

So My question is ""Earning More than €300 a Week is that Classed as Gross Pay Or Net Pay""?

• Advertisement

I supplied requested details to the PUP Rerate on 10/07 and I have yet to hear anything back. I've called the DEASP numerous times and although pleasant the people on the phone haven't got much information nor do they have access to the people in the know, other than through email.

I'm going to call the Minister's office tomorrow and get in contact with a local TD. Does anyone think there is anything else I could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

I supplied requested details to the PUP Rerate on 10/07 and I have yet to hear anything back. I've called the DEASP numerous times and although pleasant the people on the phone haven't got much information nor do they have access to the people in the know, other than through email.

I'm going to call the Minister's office tomorrow and get in contact with a local TD. Does anyone think there is anything else I could do?

That was going to be my next plan of attack.

When I called - I was advised that my original request was disallowed - which seems put it in a closed status. The helpline suggested I submit another request. I don't know if that flagged my original one - but the original request was allowed within an hour. Maybe that might work? Fingers crossed for you.

On another note - I received my back money overnight.

Thanks

HIB

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amd1982

Same here I contacted the Ministers office Monday and recieved an acknowledgment email and case number more than the PUP Rerate section. I haven’t not heard of anybody who’s had their appeal successful I think it’s definitely been put on the long finger

amd1982 wrote: »
    Same here I contacted the Ministers office Monday and recieved an acknowledgment email and case number more than the PUP Rerate section. I haven’t not heard of anybody who’s had their appeal successful I think it’s definitely been put on the long finger

Thank you for responding. I don't know a soul in the same situation and have yet to hear of any success stories. I'm assuming you made above the threshold, after expenses and other costs.

I was on to the TD's secretary and was told they would send an email, it's just a wait and see situation.

I'm assuming that the people still waiting for a response are the people most likely to get the full rate reinstated.

Thank you for responding. I don't know a soul in the same situation and have yet to hear of any success stories. I'm assuming you made above the threshold, after expenses and other costs.

I was on to the TD's secretary and was told they would send an email, it's just a wait and see situation.

I'm assuming that the people still waiting for a response are the people most likely to get the full rate reinstated.

I'm sure there was some successful appeals in this thread?

• Advertisement

I'm sure there was some successful appeals in this thread?

Nope.

ATCC10 - refused
    SnowWhite - refused
    theglobe - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessful
    stinkbomb - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessful
    pickneary - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessful
    torrvieja - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessfu
    amd1982 - still awaiting a response
    64869923 - still awaiting a response

HereInBray was appealing the decision to receive the payment, they never even got to the stage where they may or may not have been downgraded from €350 to €203.

Nope.

ATCC10 - refused
    SnowWhite - refused
    theglobe - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessful
    stinkbomb - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessful
    pickneary - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessful
    torrvieja - didn't inform us of they were successful/unsuccessfu
    amd1982 - still awaiting a response
    64869923 - still awaiting a response

HereInBray was appealing the decision to receive the payment, they never even got to the stage where they may or may not have been downgraded from €350 to €203.

Apologies, I was sure HereinBray was successful and one other, so basically its 2 refused and the remainder still waiting, I also thought some were submitting 2019 detail as per new criteria, sorry, I was just thinking check back on thread see if anything was missed re appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

PAYE Employed 2018, earned €510 a week, Self Employed 2019, earned €275 per week. Sent in Revenue Assessment of Earnings with my PUP Appeal, and was told according to the criteria, I earned Zero since 2018, therefore sine 7 July, I'm getting €203 per week.

Appealed to the Social Welfare Appeals office, and was told you cannot appeal the PUP payment.

Thanks to Mystic for that link. On the basis of the Ministers speech, I immediately re-Appealed to the PUP Rerate email, heard nothing back.

I also appealed to the Ombudsman, and have received a reply telling me I need to exhaust all other avenues of appeal before they will get involved. They have kindly sent me the following address:

Covid 19 Unemployment Payments Appeals
    PO Box 12896
    Dublin 1

Keep trying. According to the Minister, I am owed over €1000 in backpayments and it's going to be a long Winter

Just checking folks is the Covid payment dropping in September from €350 to €300 As I'm hearing now you have to have €300 a week ,or u only get €250 big drop

is that Gross or net is this correct ?

Lot people will be effected if it is
    That's.

torrevieja wrote: »
    Just checking folks is the Covid payment dropping in September from €350 to €300 As I'm hearing now you have to have €300 a week ,or u only get €250 big drop

is that Gross or net is this correct ?

Lot people will be effected if it is
    That's.

Hi there,

Yes it will be a big drop, below the details.

Rate Changes from 17 September 2020
    From 17 September 2020 until 31 January 2021 the Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be paid at 3 rates.

The rate you receive will depend on the amount you used to get paid:

if you earned less than €200 per week - the rate of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be €203 per week.

if you earned between €200 and €300 per week - the rate of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be €250 per week

if you earned over €300 per week - you will receive €300 per week

Hi there,

Yes it will be a big drop, below the details.

Rate Changes from 17 September 2020
    From 17 September 2020 until 31 January 2021 the Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be paid at 3 rates.

The rate you receive will depend on the amount you used to get paid:

if you earned less than €200 per week - the rate of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be €203 per week.

if you earned between €200 and €300 per week - the rate of the COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be €250 per week

if you earned over €300 per week - you will receive €300 per week

Thanks Dempo so is that Gross earnings or nett earnings ?

torrevieja wrote: »
    Thanks Dempo so is that Gross earnings or nett earnings ?

I'm assuming it's based on net earnings as PUP not taxed at source , but not sure? Anyone else know??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

I'm assuming it's based on net earnings as PUP not taxed at source , but not sure? Anyone else know??

It will be Nett as determined by Revenue Assessment of Earnings.
    Spoke with DEASP during the week. I didn't earn anything for six months in 2019 due to injury, signed for Jobseekers Credits during that period.
    All my earnings were in the last six months of 2019, but the criteria are again narrowed and they are taking a 52 week average, irrespective of circumstance. That drops me to €275 per week, so I will lose out on COVID payments when the bands change in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

Has anyone heard if they are still cutting the PUP payments for essential travel abroad? A few people have messaged me asking saying they are terrified to go near an airport (even though they will be fully self-isolating when they return) as a result of what when on a couple of weeks ago....

It’s so wrong to put this fear in people!

I presume it’s died down since all the media attention on it but just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything on it...

Has anyone heard if they are still cutting the PUP payments for essential travel abroad? A few people have messaged me asking saying they are terrified to go near an airport (even though they will be fully self-isolating when they return) as a result of what when on a couple of weeks ago....

It’s so wrong to put this fear in people!

I presume it’s died down since all the media attention on it but just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything on it...

I've responded in other thread but yes to green list countries, No to none green list basically, 2 weeks permitted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

I'm hearing a lot about eligibility confirmation for the PUP and last Friday 14th August being the deadline.

I confirmed my eligibility on 1st July and was not asked to confirm it again.

Was a second confirmation required?

ATC110 wrote: »
    I'm hearing a lot about eligibility confirmation for the PUP and last Friday 14th August being the deadline.

I confirmed my eligibility on 1st July and was not asked to confirm it again.

Was a second confirmation required?

No, don't panic, I thought the same thing, confirmed on 1st July, log into your mywelfare check still awarded, check payment details, it's updated on a weekly basis.

I truly find it hard to believe 28k have not confirmed eligibility, more spin I suspect

log into your mywelfare check still awarded, check payment details, it's updated on a weekly basis.

It states "AWARDED" in the yellow coloured banner - is that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

I've responded in other thread but yes to green list countries, No to none green list basically, 2 weeks permitted

Minister said this will be the case once she gets legislation in place ... has that actually happened yet? The pandemic payment is an emergency payment that gave no entitlement to Holiday pay...

It states "AWARDED" in the yellow coloured banner - is that what you mean?

Yes that's it, if suspended, closed it would say so, check payment history also, you'll see payment for this week, in arrears of course

Yes that's it, if suspended, closed it would say so, check payment history also, you'll see payment for this week, in arrears of course

The latest detail is:

11 AUGUST 2020
    COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
    31 Jul 2020 - 06 Aug 2020

Is that up to date?

The latest detail is:

11 AUGUST 2020
    COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment
    31 Jul 2020 - 06 Aug 2020

Is that up to date?

Yes, a little confusing but fine

Also, I took screenshot of message confirming I confirmed etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

I don’t have access to that part on welfare.ie as I’m still waiting in my Public Services Card but even though I confirmed eligibility back in July (it also says in my inbox on welfare.ie that I confirmed it), it does make me slightly nervous...

Look at this: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/almost-28-000-lose-eligibility-for-pandemic-unemployment-payment-1.4332440?mode=amp

Surely that many couldn’t have left confirming at the risk of their claims closing? I’m just hoping they haven’t closed random accounts unnecessarily!

I don’t have access to that part on welfare.ie as I’m still waiting in my Public Services Card but even though I confirmed eligibility back in July (it also says in my inbox on welfare.ie that I confirmed it), it does make me slightly nervous...

Look at this: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/almost-28-000-lose-eligibility-for-pandemic-unemployment-payment-1.4332440?mode=amp

Surely that many couldn’t have left confirming? I’m just hoping they haven’t closed random accounts unnecessarily!

I saw that article and it does seem bizarre that so many would not have confirmed

• Advertisement

Surely that many couldn’t have left confirming at the risk of their claims closing? I’m just hoping they haven’t closed random accounts unnecessarily!

O, didn't realise basic accounts don't have access full access, but you can see approved? and see your messages?, you'll be fine, I recall we posted about that. Can you see payment history? Honestly don't worry, once you have to message conf you confirmed, all good :)

Advertisement