Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

irish1967 wrote: »
    Opens one eye :)

quick open both - look at the 0h & tell me what you think... it doesnt appear to have changed from the 18h. we are bang smack under that PL ( IMO):D

Lucy I saw the 0z.
    A lot of snow for Bray late friday and all saturday is possible if theres no change.
    There will be a change,we don't know if it means less or more though as well ...the change hasnt happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

i can't believe i#m up this early i'm such a geek:D so whats happen are we getting tons of snow or has it been downgraded

Lucy I saw the 0z.
    A lot of snow for Bray late friday and all saturday is possible if theres no change.
    There will be a change,we don't know if it means less or more though as well ...the change hasnt happened yet.

i just realised something & im having a flip attack .... do boats go in snow - like the ferries ????

channaigh wrote: »
    i can't believe i#m up this early i'm such a geek:D so whats happen are we getting tons of snow or has it been downgraded

not a geek - i havent been to bed yet lol no downgrade :D:D:D

• Advertisement

better stock up so today everyone in work things i/m insane keep telling them this is going to be hugh they don't believe me

channaigh wrote: »
    pretty much steady as she goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Extremely windy in Athlone, wellies are ready
    :)

pretty much steady as she goes...

I still have 107 christmas orders to get out so I said feck that - stayed up all night & battled through them..... bit of planning never goes amiss..... BB do you know whats the story with the boats.. significant other stuck in UK till sunday now.... do they sail ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

0z seems abit of a downgrade.

Low is further east definitely but we get a trail back and irish sea invigoration in the east as a result of the easterly flow so not too bad.

And i would say GFS is furthest east, with ECM being the best.

However the models have dropped the idea of an extremely intense low, for the moment.

I would revise down totals in the Dublin region (IMBY!) to falls of around 10cm during Friday night/ Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Windy and heavy rain here at the moment. 7.1c. Wind N 31mph. And so starts a lonnnnnng day :)

NAE shows the timeframe coming into view, has the system pushing into midwest and sliding southwards giving 5-10cm in its first bash here, we would like to see it push a week bit further north for the Dublin regions sake.

10121800_1600.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

very windy in portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

NAE shows the timeframe coming into view, has the system pushing into midwest and sliding southwards giving 5-10cm in its first bash here, we would like to see it push a week bit further north for the Dublin regions sake.

10121800_1600.gif
    from that chart what am i looking at that determines weather we might get snow,is it the dark blue bits?

bit of a stupid q but i take it the dark blue on the chart is snow??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tobes

I'd like this snow to turn around please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Everyone will get snow ! Just a question of how much at this stage. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Downgrade for snow
    Upgrade for cold snap to last longer put to the 30 th now

from that chart what am i looking at that determines weather we might get snow,is it the dark blue bits?

It is precipitation in mm, should all be of snow barring coastal districts of the southwest. (1mm precip = 1cm snow)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

A balmy 7.0c driving to work this morning in Cork. The calm before the storm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snowing in parts of scotland now
    http://youropenbook.org/?q=snowing&gender=any

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yes, the 0Z gfs is a "downgrade" after the dream 18z charts, I did say to expect that, but the situation its far from set it stone either way. Polar low development that models may not show needs to be monitored.

Yes, the 0Z gfs is a "downgrade" after the dream 18z charts, I did say to expect that, but the situation its far from set it stone either way. Polar low development that models may not show needs to be monitored.

Lets just hope the 6z is not a further downgrade, its painful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

GavinH wrote: »
    A balmy 7.0c driving to work this morning in Cork. The calm before the storm!

Looks like Cork is going to miss out on the snow again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whatabout

is eastern donegal-stranorlar,still on for alot of snow-more or less than what was given last night or are we not really affected?thanks

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Looks like Cork is going to miss out on the snow again. :mad:

As was previously said nothing is writen in stone. I wouldn't start panicking yet. While we may not need snow ploughs, we should hopefully get a covering at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone else wake up today with a huge feeling of anticipation? Today we stare into a wintry abyss!:pac:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 whatabout

anyone know soon,have to go to work in 5?thanks

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone else wake up today with a huge feeling of anticipation? Today we stare into a wintry abyss!:pac:

Yes a huge amount of anticipation about how this will all pan out. The great semi-unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just read MTC's daily forecast. Talk of blizzards, polar lows ,thundersnow :eek: , if it was anyone else they would be accused of ramping !! Time to batten down the hatches and stock up on essential beer!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement