Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Hi Lads

if I get fifa 21 on ps4
    Will it work on my ps5 when I get one ?
    Also would the memory from playing it on ps4 go into the ps5

Thanks for the help.

Fifa 21 (ps4 standard) currently £33 on amazon for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

What's better to go for ps5 or ps5 digItal ?

Definitely better off with disc. Limiting yourself with the digital version for example if you wanted to pick up cheaper used games or reduced physical games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

sticker wrote: »
    For the TV buffs here - I'm using this TV below in my sitting room and TBH I'm delighted with the picture etc on PS5 - Its an older Sony...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD-55XE8396-400-Hz-TV/dp/B0742L9HG6

I am thinking of putting this in my attic and moving PS5 there:

A 2020 Samsung: https://powercity.ie/product/43TU8500

Would the Samsung have a comparable picture to the older Sony?

Thanks!

A bit late to this but I have the 50" model of this TV and I am very happy with it, bought it just before I got the PS5. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ubisoft have finally fixed the disc based PS4-PS5 upgrades for Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just in the New+ at the minute, how long did it take you.

2-3 hours just rushing the story and skipping as many cut scenes as possible etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

weemcd wrote: »
    A bit late to this but I have the 50" model of this TV and I am very happy with it, bought it just before I got the PS5. Would highly recommend.

Cheers Mate - I didn't go for it yet - I dont see a 50" here?

Price back up now too :(

https://powercity.ie/product/43TU8500

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭micks_address

This is a bit annoying

https://www.techradar.com/news/certain-ps5-consoles-are-noisy-due-to-differing-cooling-fans-report-suggests

fan noise is something that drives me daft.. i spent ages hunting for a 'quiet' ps3 back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

This is a bit annoying

https://www.techradar.com/news/certain-ps5-consoles-are-noisy-due-to-differing-cooling-fans-report-suggests

fan noise is something that drives me daft.. i spent ages hunting for a 'quiet' ps3 back in the day

Could you tell by just taking off the covers or would you need to unscrew the fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭micks_address

Could you tell by just taking off the covers or would you need to unscrew the fan?

Not sure. Hopefully the digital editions are consistent? Probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’ve gotten a digital and it’s been quiet. I think since they’ve made far less digital editions that they would be more consistent vs regular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cheers Mate - I didn't go for it yet - I dont see a 50" here?

Price back up now too :(

https://powercity.ie/product/43TU8500

I bought mine off very.co.uk. I'd have zero hesitation in recommending the TV to anyone. Great picture. Easy setup. Metal stand is very solid. In built apps work great. Couldn't be happier. And needless to say the PS5 games I've played so far; Astro, God of War and Resident Evil 2 all look gorgeous. As do 4K videos on Amazon and Disney + as well as YouTube.

I've La Haine on 4K Blu Ray that I'm also keen to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can tell you just need a light and you can see the difference from the side without the disc drive or the side without the fan wires. You can see the indents on the free side.

I've the apparently louder one, but for me it's very quite and i'm at a desk with it so it's only arms reach away. PC beside it and if that's on I can't tell if it's on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Evilbart

You can tell by just easily removing the panel and counting the blades.

The difference is supposedly only a 3-4DB which is quite negligible.

I wouldn’t worry about it anybody expecting a completely silent 10TFLOP console is asking a bit much.

It is a vast improvement over the PS4 and basically silent with game volume and room ambiance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

For anyone that had dirt 4 on ps4 and bought dirt 5 on ps5 is it worth buying 5 on ps5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

brady12 wrote: »
    For anyone that had dirt 4 on ps4 and bought dirt 5 on ps5 is it worth buying 5 on ps5?

I have it on PS5 and love it so far, then again I never had it on PS4! It was €39.99 when I bought it off Smyths but seems to be gone back up to €59.99 again now on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

madmoe wrote: »
    I'm getting really excited now! What about the audio? Do you have an amp or sound bar or just the audio from the TV.

Kind regards,
    Mark

I have a Sony amp, and a 9 speaker set-up (5.4.1)

IMG-5258-2.jpg

I have a Sony amp, and a 9 speaker set-up (5.4.1)

IMG-5258-2.jpg

WOW!! Jealous.com ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone else's download speeds reverted back to similar to PS4s? Having been significantly higher during the first few days

weemcd wrote: »
    I bought mine off very.co.uk. I'd have zero hesitation in recommending the TV to anyone. Great picture. Easy setup. Metal stand is very solid. In built apps work great. Couldn't be happier. And needless to say the PS5 games I've played so far; Astro, God of War and Resident Evil 2 all look gorgeous. As do 4K videos on Amazon and Disney + as well as YouTube.

I've La Haine on 4K Blu Ray that I'm also keen to try out.

This one looks sweet too!

https://www.very.co.uk/sony-bravia-kd43x705-43-inch-4k-hdr-ultra-hd-tvnbsp--black/1600462684.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

AdamD wrote: »
    Anyone else's download speeds reverted back to similar to PS4s? Having been significantly higher during the first few days

Not here anyhow. Downloaded Rainbow 6 Siege (PS5 version) yesterday, and it was done mega fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MikeRyan87

madmoe wrote: »
    I have it on PS5 and love it so far, then again I never had it on PS4! It was €39.99 when I bought it off Smyths but seems to be gone back up to €59.99 again now on their site.

Put in a 3 hours last night. Also got it for 40.
    Wouldn't pay full price for it.
    I'd say it crashed 5 times on me overall.
    Always just before podium so lose progress on that race.
    It's fairly easy apart from the sprint races.
    Another weird glitch in Sandstone Valley where the game thinks you're out of bounds and resets your position even though youre in the middle of the track.
    Hopefully another patch coming soon.

MikeRyan87 wrote: »
    Put in a 3 hours last night. Also got it for 40.
    Wouldn't pay full price for it.
    I'd say it crashed 5 times on me overall.
    Always just before podium so lose progress on that race.
    It's fairly easy apart from the sprint races.
    Another weird glitch in Sandstone Valley where the game thinks you're out of bounds and resets your position even though youre in the middle of the track.
    Hopefully another patch coming soon.

Didn't crash for me thankfully but I didn't play it for 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,227 ✭✭✭✭Penn

AdamD wrote: »

Download still seems very quick, but the copying stage still takes an age. Would have hoped with the SSD it would have really cut down on the length of that but doesn't really seem to have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigbuds420baby

Rumours circulating about Stock becoming available for click and collect in Smyths and reservations in Argos tomorrow morning on both websites, unsure about the validity of the rumours but if anyones looking for one and there's a chance they could go live I thought they may want to know, thanks

Rumours circulating about Stock becoming available for click and collect in Smyths and reservations in Argos tomorrow morning on both websites, unsure about the validity of the rumours but if anyones looking for one and there's a chance they could go live I thought they may want to know, thanks

Deya Vu - Didn't you post this before as a first post?! Am I losing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Green is sus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bigbuds420baby

Deya Vu - Didn't you post this before as a first post?! Am I losing it?
    Your not going insane don't worry, I did post about stock as my first post but was fed incorrect information, apologies just trying to help people to avoid over paying for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Wife has turned around and told me she's giving me the money to get a PS5 for Christmas. Is there any hope of getting one between now and then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wife has turned around and told me she's giving me the money to get a PS5 for Christmas. Is there any hope of getting one between now and then?

Great wife!

Highly unlikely to get one before Christmas unfortunately. There's a stock updates thread on here that's probably worth following as an outside chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I pretty much forgot about the feature but seeing reports about Sony's reason for including cards, has anyone here used them?

Advertisement