Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Scarinae wrote: »
    Maybe they expect you to have a roaring fire going? I sometimes get too hot wearing a Christmas jumper at my parents' house as they have a wood burning stove.

Another thought on Christmas jumpers/shirts - the lighter ones are probably better if you're in the pub! I can't be the only person who has been absolutely melting in a packed pub because of a Christmas jumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

It was probably me - I refuse to buy Advent Calendars with sweets in them. My kids love me :p Although I don't think they've actually realised that some Advent Calendars have sweets in them. I normally get a picture one off Amazon - although this year I was contemplating doing my Dad's old trick of holding the doors closed on last years one with blue tack :pac:

Those ones look awesome though! I'll check them out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Those advent calendars are gorgeous! Imagine the excitement of adding a new piece every day? (You can pry my chocolate advent calendar out of my cold, dead hands though.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    It was probably me - I refuse to buy Advent Calendars with sweets in them. My kids love me :p Although I don't think they've actually realised that some Advent Calendars have sweets in them. I normally get a picture one off Amazon - although this year I was contemplating doing my Dad's old trick of holding the doors closed on last years one with blue tack :pac:

Those ones look awesome though! I'll check them out :D

My wife is the same. Last year we got Lego and Paw Patrol ones which the kids loved.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Someone has to win tickets :D

I live in hope. :pac:

Loughc wrote: »

I've just applied too - God I'd love to go to it! :D Mostly for the free stuff though to be fair :o

Loughc wrote: »

We’re due another Boardsie win anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I applied last week when they announced that it was open :D - surely that means I have a better chance :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I didn't apply, so you guys have an even better chance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

My RTE contacts have assured me the chances are better for a lotto win. Less than half the total audience tickets are actually in the draw & most are taken by sponsors etc.

I still applied though!! Any chance is still a chance!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    My RTE contacts have assured me the chances are better for a lotto win. Less than half the total audience tickets are actually in the draw & most are taken by sponsors etc.

That is so frustrating & they expect people to pay a TV Licence fee :rolleyes:

Shirley, we the licence fee payers are their biggest sponsor!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't call her Shirley!

New Home wrote: »
    Don't call her Shirley!

Especially as I'm not a she :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't judge. :cool:

:D

I didn't know that. That's so disappointing :(

New Home wrote: »
    Don't call her Shirley!

Was thinking that as I typed it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

best thing about xmas is the Darts on Sky

Just checking my yearly planner there & I have 40 work days left before my christmas holidays (Taking the 2 full weeks again this year) which doesn't sound too much to be fair... Only copped the clocks go back Saturday week too, cant believe how quickly the weeks are going by, its scary actually how fast this whole year has gone.
    Was looking back over some older threads in here this afternoon & back at posts from around this time in previous years and its mad how recent they seem, I blame the kids, since they were born the years have gone by in the blink of an eye.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    best thing about xmas is the Darts on Sky

I do love the darts at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're into the sixties!

........... I blame the kids, since they were born the years have gone by in the blink of an eye.

Pesky kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

My flight app says 56 days to go until I fly home. Just need to get booking accommodation for when we are home. My OH want's to break it to our folks in person that we will not be staying with them. I don't see the big deal, there is no room now we are a bigger family.

Jude13 wrote: »
    My flight app says 56 days to go until I fly home. Just need to get booking accommodation for when we are home. My OH want's to break it to our folks in person that we will not be staying with them. I don't see the big deal, there is no room now we are a bigger family.

Maybe she is just trying to let them down gently as they will be disappointed that you are not staying with them even though it is not practical due to numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Penneys have released their toy show range:

0_LLTS-Girls-pjs-10.jpg

0_LLTS-Navy-Fam-pjs-15.jpg

0_LLTS-Owl-Gel-Mask-3.jpg

0_LLTS-Red-Fam-pjs-15.jpg

0_LLTS-Santa-letter-pack-250.jpg

0_LLTS-Sleepsuit-10.jpg

0_LLTS-Footie-Socks-350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dunne Stores have these in , I think they're lovely , sorry for the bad pic though !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Dunne Stores have these in , I think they're lovely , sorry for the bad pic though !

Even though I didn't post here last Christmas I checked in to see what people were buying. I saw something similar Mam, with a Santa in an old P&T telephone box. I gave it to my husband at the beginning of December when he was recovering from an operation and feeling down. He loved it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement