Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Typical that Cadbury’s is releasing a Bournville Easter egg (my childhood dream egg) when I’ve gone right off Cadbury’s and don’t buy Easter eggs any more. 25 years too late, Cadbury’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I do love a bit of Dark Chocolate though, whether that be easter, Christmas or any other time of year, so might have to put in a request to the family that Daddy would appreciate a bournville egg this coming Easter.

I actually have a large bar of dark chocolate in my desk drawer here & have resisted opening it for a couple of weeks, suspect this thread will tip me over the edge now & I'll be opening it when I get my next coffee.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I love it too and I really am very tempted by that egg but I'm afraid it will be as disappointing as every other Cadbury product. Tuesday morning is the perfect time to eat a bit of chocolate with your coffee. You've made it through Monday and it's time to celebrate.

Tuesday morning is the perfect time to eat a bit of chocolate with your coffee. You've made it through Monday and it's time to celebrate.

I like the cut of your jib there Toto!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Smashed a big bag of haribo gummy bears after eating my lunch. Bloody hangovers make me very weak. I would go through a whole tin of quality street right now if I could get my hands on one.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Smashed a big bag of haribo gummy bears after eating my lunch. Bloody hangovers make me very weak. I would go through a whole tin of quality street right now if I could get my hands on one.

Thats me most saturday evenings sat in front of the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Its shameful, should go for a long run tonight by my will is weak due to the groggy head. All my own fault and on school night.

Anywho I have more visitors arriving tomorrow so will have to dig out the fold out bed, which is next to all the Chrsitmas decs. I may sneak some in to the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Who doesn't love a bag of Haribo to be fair!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm already getting excited for my easter egg now! :D

I might do some wrapping this bank holiday weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,259 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Some new My Kipling items!
    74667859_2435415066781100_3274098065601986560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQnPgM_ytI2uS_xVG1SKq8WlPABSMTKWSk0dW47SXhPtGCgjWG7LpjYMfivDxGBmg-Y&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=9fac6afa18effeb03560c15abf173cbd&oe=5E6448C6
    73185803_2435415196781087_5991467446500851712_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnFCol_0yEQLk_j2YqqpxoPmz95_Cn_zSXF2i-bGpiej-KeASA0WBfatA3zBYIHEn4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=36c2a591ffca2e72134f6eec76a53028&oe=5E62FA80
    73015687_2435415633447710_2973417975123542016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkmLTvRPcyhyBsqshxVd5gaDOlmGWZtvk6872SbRLNRA7y_Iadppc1G7McYR3WTAU4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=fdfba801409a817f078a03817f718aaa&oe=5E1DFFE9
    74677013_2435415956781011_6280015912225472512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQll5knzkUsFX88Pz22CcXiHppeYpZP3Gmnlb2pAlUqBxj6NLGclvBZah-6aJ64sDq0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=42e35a3c98f13b31dac8a65073594317&oe=5E293C90

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh the Irish Creme Fancies look lovely!

Loughc wrote: »

Yes, we said we'll wait until the 1st November to get them. They are €3 now and should be on offer by then.

Spotted Winter Fruits Skittles in Dealz at lunchtime. The flavours are mandarin & cinnamon, apple & cinnamon, raspberry & cinnamon, pomegranate & cinnamon and blood orange & cinnamon. Basically, if you don't like cinnamon they're probably not for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Posy wrote: »
    I'm already getting excited for my easter egg now! :D

I might do some wrapping this bank holiday weekend. :)

I’m planning on wrapping lots of my presents on the bank holiday weekend too :):). Great minds think alike Posy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Spotted Winter Fruits Skittles in Dealz at lunchtime. The flavours are mandarin & cinnamon, apple & cinnamon, raspberry & cinnamon, pomegranate & cinnamon and blood orange & cinnamon. Basically, if you don't like cinnamon they're probably not for you!

I am not a fan of cinnamon, I'm out haha.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Freshpopcorn, they all sound delicious!

I am not a fan of cinnamon, I'm out haha.

They could mix things up with a little ginger! The flavours aren't very imaginative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

You can have any colour you like once its black :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Where are all the Easter begrudgers?? If this was Christmas stock in May the internet would explode!!

:eek:

Never had a good reason for calling Joe when I was in Ireland...I would call him right now about this, and give a piece of my mind !

Just joking, but...

Seen someone on Twitter saying that there is already casting for...........
    January Sales voiceovers... :eek:

The commercial calendar is something else altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Jude13 wrote: »
    That is brilliant, two dinners. Do you score them against each other?

Believe it or not we would compare and then debate with each other which dinner wins! :P Both dinners are completely different!

I love cinnamon!! So those Skittles sound lovely! Now I'm craving a hot chocolate with lots of cinnamon!..…...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My exact thought. :D

Posy wrote: »
    My exact thought. :D

Just to note I don't work for Mr Kipling!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just to note I don't work for Mr Kipling!

Do you work for Tesco ?

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Do you work for Tesco ?

No, I worked there a little when I was a teenager but I do go their a lot.
    I think the staff think I'm crazy taking pictures!

naa,

maybe they are thinking you work for a competitor supermarket chain and are comparing prices,

or they think you are a lifestyle/food blogger !

otnomart wrote: »
    naa,

maybe they are thinking you work for a competitor supermarket chain and are comparing prices,

or they think you are a lifestyle/food blogger !

I live locally and most of them know me. I think they just think I'm eccentric!

I live locally and most of them know me. I think they just think I'm eccentric!
    Well, there are many people who take and post photos of their coffee and/or drink and/or meal, when they are out.
    Nothing eccentric in taking photos in shops and supermarkets, then !

No, I worked there a little when I was a teenager but I do go their a lot.

You’re not Alone. Just out of Tesco and I snapped this on the way out.

nE3hpgo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg that plate with the postbox and the robin!!! I’m obsessed with Robins!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The plate with the robin and that gravy boat! <3

I may be going to Ikea at the weekend and I'm looking forward to checking out their christmas stock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement