Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I can see it now...

giphy.gif?cid=e1bb72ff5b2b93f53931657a6fd630e7

You got it DB!

Already planning tomorrow from morning to lunch to dinner. This morning I had hash browns, sausage and beans. Skipped lunch and dinner was what I posted earlier.

My Motto? Beat the disease. Eat the disease!:D I reckon it's more red meat and steak tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

dohouch wrote: »
    Honouring something I saw on the tele
    anOxr51BGzNjYxzT9U8QidjnYKmr9tC3cTDfxMg-f6O9VMDS_UtNxdw53g7zEBIzsXNWN3chpr9j7I60gDGpVnLHcXfe_VuaFt8Vt-H-qBQq2R7W-gKom-uwSEc0KDd8Ikw8fC0NYA3p9jthrziDia1xNFrKfBTQ6Le6MEiiJyICqUhhXXzn6crQsI731Gsubexe3qsOUZXubvd8Ti6epr1qPEt7rlxwPW9m20x45aGa1u29xBNnojcuIFv7RtrzHf-5LpYVMkt4h6Kz6VKHPcCHXupSx8g_uFVSnwmUicBW3_RPiIEfoflbsfALP0S4vfOICroru2fsgX9sxCkEABUMbKBAla0b5Qd-tW3h7ytOhVaAhYnJtnVPtG4lAGz027Va12BdaVAYJqA0A5YJZ27FOhwwKD0EGQGNns8JzHD6o-Oky63yCqe5HdZ70Zc2Thox3NhutNMzIsGGdjo73TifVZk8rgFSUowMncgGEQbKv-CwQNisgWY_0HdKUk5-RmcbBIloy1KB_8zCvrNG-tarEf83mEJc9WLfwW8ikE2WL3FGXsSec9EKA34POxY_mhNEgYgqwXEdcAlmmDUl_97UBpbNFhgwTsiRcUUO4EHdxW6EFr_QMopKBubm83vpuTrS636QPbYR39DI6DtZYauxljnRg7oajUU9nBdyIRLFFFtadAXNhCzeYnkp=w1238-h928-no

That is top class presentation, is it hot?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

That is top class presentation, is it hot?

Geez, I thought I'd deleted the post. Not hot, I'm no cook , just VERY Bored and propitiating the Gods as in this offering to the the Gods of Lockdown and Coffffing

Broccoli and Peanut Milkshake with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream
    B-lu-QSu4yVtsv-wQjZJcUqgcu3er7GQcmcfRBuGmJyvSYsUbZNawmo9zc1oPsTpiZWuOf1_NY6s8ox7qY9YXRLQAfPX-6D8tGKBzTspiMm8Rd8OCt2Rq8SR5e6hbcUhhvdV1gCbQf48-5YyaitTBrnE3Do7RaAlTrrNrCPJx0mwguqv1xeV7ZSeKiEg2nE1f99XbKNLQeetoH1i4QcKgHMdZ0BfyZdQAgDzhYjSwIcPht169xhoWgJJsfW2l_YMaAUlKH-CaXwT-sRwHQNu3um1WKgWUZwk2iJlGrfSo419qsBTw_07kqx_e6NRfOINMENp5gDACeW8AmCMQufImz0kPfho39jD6zy1Wx4QdhWl3rlRqp-XcHf0JOYpaCyfYmP6lF3t3mFiG5RKSXKAEZ6forActNdFCYwHwIxvv3ZFS1UhkDNFZbA2dwjEuZeFvv0mN6d8KE5i0g7cUhCVTeIPPZjpD5e4a3qrOf7u2aHiAWMq43ys835FtAu3p54wnjU0pjrnLuE0wWdFIRQa7Rr2I1IOU_cXbiMqu1fgfcpY1mg1P501gcV4f-gOYkKl61Etw83KRCj-8qHuJYFuQe9EpLe5l5MlTjgP7lwZpvPjW385aYxPCc-p_zKms8b7OWnj3N0PkB7GzjVWoPn3WEUvZbV_3Z7f9Vncpi__RbXjEZEuBlZ6gNoDQPpy=w1238-h928-no

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

dohouch wrote: »
    Geez, I thought I'd deleted the post. Not hot, I'm no cook , just VERY Bored and propitiating the Gods as in this offering to the the Gods of Lockdown and Coffffing

Broccoli and Peanut Milkshake with a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream
    B-lu-QSu4yVtsv-wQjZJcUqgcu3er7GQcmcfRBuGmJyvSYsUbZNawmo9zc1oPsTpiZWuOf1_NY6s8ox7qY9YXRLQAfPX-6D8tGKBzTspiMm8Rd8OCt2Rq8SR5e6hbcUhhvdV1gCbQf48-5YyaitTBrnE3Do7RaAlTrrNrCPJx0mwguqv1xeV7ZSeKiEg2nE1f99XbKNLQeetoH1i4QcKgHMdZ0BfyZdQAgDzhYjSwIcPht169xhoWgJJsfW2l_YMaAUlKH-CaXwT-sRwHQNu3um1WKgWUZwk2iJlGrfSo419qsBTw_07kqx_e6NRfOINMENp5gDACeW8AmCMQufImz0kPfho39jD6zy1Wx4QdhWl3rlRqp-XcHf0JOYpaCyfYmP6lF3t3mFiG5RKSXKAEZ6forActNdFCYwHwIxvv3ZFS1UhkDNFZbA2dwjEuZeFvv0mN6d8KE5i0g7cUhCVTeIPPZjpD5e4a3qrOf7u2aHiAWMq43ys835FtAu3p54wnjU0pjrnLuE0wWdFIRQa7Rr2I1IOU_cXbiMqu1fgfcpY1mg1P501gcV4f-gOYkKl61Etw83KRCj-8qHuJYFuQe9EpLe5l5MlTjgP7lwZpvPjW385aYxPCc-p_zKms8b7OWnj3N0PkB7GzjVWoPn3WEUvZbV_3Z7f9Vncpi__RbXjEZEuBlZ6gNoDQPpy=w1238-h928-no

Don't be deleting anything, share what you're bringing to the table.

We're all in this together dohouch.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had a bowl of seafood chowder for lunch, I dont care if its 18 degrees outside, Im still having my chowder

Aldi have minute steak on special at the moment so tonight it is going to be my Mexican-Italian fusion cooking, better known as steak fajitas on a ciabatta roll :pac:

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Had a bowl of seafood chowder for lunch, I dont care if its 18 degrees outside, Im still having my chowder

Aldi have minute steak on special at the moment so tonight it is going to be my Mexican-Italian fusion cooking, better known as steak fajitas on a ciabatta roll :pac:

Is that the thinly sliced one you are on about?

It is the bee's knee's for stir fries and curries as well, melt in the mouth when cooked slowly, I'll be getting a lash of that tomorrow.

We had a roast turkey with all the trimmings this evening, picked the turkey up in Aldi last week for about 11 euro I think.

I could eat turkey 3 times a day and will be doing so until what's left from today is only fit for the dog.

Sipping a glass of Muroka Tessho that I found in the back of the drinks cabinet, tastes nice enough but could be Japanese Poitín for all I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

An entire Aldi spinach and ricotta pizza with added chopped red chilli and a drizzle of olive oil, with chips . A glass of malbec with it. Feeling rather full.

A late beer.:D

Coming up is another juicy Sirloin from our best of Irish Supervalu store. Once again with some sauteed mushrooms, chips and that great Szechuan sauce that I bought a while back in a very large container! The most close I can get to my fave takeaway. Starting to feel like every night is Friday or Saturday night here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

having pasta and peas here :)

Roasted a couple of chicken crowns and spuds. Served up with Corn on the Cob with a chicken gravy on the side. A schwartz mix made in the pot. Butter over the corn. That'll do.:D

Chicken left over for a few sandwiches.

• Advertisement

The turkey was annihilated by 1 o clock today, omelettes and Brevilles finished it off.

Did some homemade KFC for dinner, got the recipe from the Sun newspaper last week and tried it with a packet of wings I had in the fridge, even though I was short a couple of the spices it was a huge hit.

Picked up the other spices and some drumsticks and thighs in Aldi today so went at it again, it won't win awards for presentation but it will be done at least once a fortnight from now on. Served with real chips topped with shredded cheese and curry for the ultimate pig out. Fresh fruit salad for dessert an hour later.

The turkey was annihilated by 1 o clock today, omelettes and Brevilles finished it off.

Did some homemade KFC for dinner, got the recipe from the Sun newspaper last week and tried it with a packet of wings I had in the fridge, even though I was short a couple of the spices it was a huge hit.

Picked up the other spices and some drumsticks and thighs in Aldi today so went at it again, it won't win awards for presentation but it will be done at least once a fortnight from now on. Served with real chips topped with shredded cheese and curry for the ultimate pig out. Fresh fruit salad for dessert an hour later.

That looks great. Fcuk the presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had leftover chilli with pasta. I didn't fancy rice or a baked potato, so gave it a try and it was very nice. A glass of malbec on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

bbq "fry" up and cheesy beany eggy waffles

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Crackers, cheese and wine (not in order of preference)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Easter egg :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Easter egg :)

Nothing new there.:D Still have some here too!

Dry... frozen... fish fingers :o
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    Roasted a couple of chicken crowns and spuds. Served up with Corn on the Cob with a chicken gravy on the side. A schwartz mix made in the pot. Butter over the corn. That'll do.:D

Chicken left over for a few sandwiches.

*Drools*

Dry... frozen... fish fingers :o

*Drools*

You're making me feel guilty DB.:o

Nothing new there.:D Still have some here too!

Bought a half dozen today in Aldi for 49 cent each, chocolate is chocolate no matter what shape it is. They'll be well appreciated in a month or two when the stocks of the munchies are running low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Just got a chocolate milkshake from the chippy. You cant beat a milkshake really.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

A slice of a chocolate birthday cake

Beans on toast :)

To be followed by a Cadbury’s Creme egg

Autosport wrote: »
    Beans on toast :)

To be followed by a Cadbury’s Creme egg

Put it all in a curry sauce with chips and we may have a post Covid-19 big time takeaway dish!

Bacon and cabbage with mash and gravy here, with the last pint of Guinness Darught for the wash down. Might have a few slices of bread and butter to mop up any residue.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

Yesterday's dinner was bbq'd sausages from superquinn and homemade burgers, with homemade coleslaw on the side with baked potatoes.

Had taken out a roast chicken for dinner today, and cooked broccoli and kale in ham water to go with it. But alas, the chicken wasnt defrosted in time, and I had to relent on the takeaway ban we'd imposed. House special red curry, with a Szechuan beef on the way, with chicken balls and spring rolls to go with.

Happy Saturday all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

To rephrase, I took out a chicken to roast, I certainly didn't take a roast chicken out of the freezer :D

Did a simple hot chicken curry with the Goldfish brand paste. As usual added scotch bonnet chilli for heat. Mrs G had hers. Ms G had a chicken fillet burger and chunky fries. Kitchen closed, for me anyway. Suppin a few Canadian Molson that I have in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A dirty great steak. Just a steak. Rare. Glass of red. A cup of tae after. All the major food groups.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Wibbs wrote: »
    A dirty great steak. Just a steak. Rare. Glass of red. A cup of tae after. All the major food groups.

tea? Tea? TEA?! after meat and wine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cooking a quarterpounder here , love the smell of onions cooking , it'll be enjoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Fried eggs and some fried spuds

Mint aero

Cottage Pie. Cauliflower and broccoli on the side. Some gravy on top too.

Traditional Sunday roast which besides being lovely helps us keep track of what day we have...

Went with a chinese fakeaway tonight, asian ginger beef with spring onions. Overloaded on the chilli and my mouth is still burning, fecking love it though

beef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Went with a chinese fakeaway tonight, asian ginger beef with spring onions. Overloaded on the chilli and my mouth is still burning, fecking love it though

That looks like a decent Chinese. Lots of chillies and not loads of carrots in a watery sauce.

Wish we had more takeaways like that here!

EDIT: Oh, I see you made it yourself?
    Well done! You can expect me next week. What beers would you like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

My son made breakfast rolls for lunch/brunch/dinner yesterday.
    Delicious as I hadn't had one in years, plus not having to cook was a bonus!

Beef Thai red curry with noodles and egg fried rice.

2 small red apples, a caramel crunch and a vodka and cranberry juice for dessert.

There was a lot of work done outside today so the calories were needed....

Beef Thai red curry with noodles and egg fried rice.

2 small red apples, a caramel crunch and a vodka and cranberry juice for dessert.

There was a lot of work done outside today so the calories were needed....

I like that. Lokks the biz. Have some decent red and green paste. Will do one at the weekend with chicken as Mrs G is not a beef in curry type.

I treated myself to a fillet steak today. Gonna fry it up medium later on and have with Chips, mushrooms and the nearly gone Szechuan sauce. Fancy a beer first.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That looks like a decent Chinese. Lots of chillies and not loads of carrots in a watery sauce.

Wish we had more takeaways like that here!

EDIT: Oh, I see you made it yourself?
    Well done! You can expect me next week. What beers would you like?

haha bring a 6 pack of pale ale and Im happy out :pac:

I only got into chinese cooking about 8 weeks ago but having done so I dont know what took me so long. Its not as hard as it seems once you've got 5 or 6 main ingredients in stock and with those you've the base to make pretty much anything. Theres some great recopies and videos online and anything ive made so far is much tastier than any takeaway, especially the ones with all that watery sauce.

Anyway tonight its steak and ale pie from the freezer and some peas and carrots. Had a toasted ham and cheese for lunch, my squeezy bottle of yellow mustard from Lidl refuses to do portion control so it was absolutely slathered in that too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

OK not the best photo...

Cod, chorizo, bean and tomato stew.

IMG-20200420-221608.jpg

Garlic bread and mini pizza :)

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    OK not the best photo...

Cod, chorizo, bean and tomato stew.

IMG-20200420-221608.jpg

Looks very nice actually, sounds like a tasty combo too.

I like having a bowl of food sometimes instead of a plate, it doesn't look like a big serving but looks can be very deceiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Haven't had one of these in ages - picked up a box in ALDI earlier.

510396.jpeg

why do noodles always make me sleepzzzzy (yawn) ?

VW 1 wrote: »
    ...Any feedback on how the stew went?
    If it didn't work, I may leave Boards.:eek:

No one needs to leave boards :D

was... giphy.gif

Thank you Chef G! :)

No one needs to leave boards :D

was... giphy.gif

Thank you Chef G! :)

Delighted it worked out for you DB!

I made burgers today. The girls had their's in buns with chips. I'm having mine with mashed spuds, peas, mashed turnip and gravy. Too good to put between a Bundy.:D

Meatsa Pizza and chips here, fast, easy and mighty tasty.

Same way I like my women. (joke)

Burgers are yum - how do you top yours? Ever tried melted mozz with mild chiles? or grilled onions and mushrooms, dipped in aujus?

...oh my, I better go get a bowl of that yummy stew :pac: getting hungry now :D thanks again grandeeod!

Burgers are yum - how do you top yours? Ever tried melted mozz with mild chiles? or grilled onions and mushrooms, dipped in aujus?

...oh my, I better go get a bowl of that yummy stew :pac: getting hungry now :D thanks again grandeeod!

If I'm in the mood for a bun burger, I make it big, serve in a floury bab and top with chedder, fried egg and bacon. Leaves with a drizzle of something and chips on the side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement