Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

B20 is far from legendary, in that configuration its not worth a thing.
    This

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Not my cup of tea but...the b20 engine is legendary, honda reliability and it looks in really good nick. Price isint too far off for the right person looking.

B16,B18 or even K20 you might call "legendary" but not a B20, 1500 would be more than enough for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

PsychoPete wrote: »
    B16,B18 or even K20 you might call "legendary" but not a B20, 1500 would be more than enough for that
    Well I’m glad somebody stood up who knew what they were talking about.
    I just knew it was gick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You forgot the H22. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Not a chance. I had a mint 2001 (sorry I ever sold it) which was worth €1-1.2k tops.
    This has been badly modded, looks ****, everything looks wrong.
    Mine even had a cool reg (but not if you lived in the US.)

the tyres alone would be the bones of €1000 on that.. Bf's aint cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

The K20 was/is the best N/A 4 cylinder ever built, theres no "might" about its status as a legendary engine.

I converted a B20 bottom end into my old CRX back in the day, its a superb engine in its own right and has stood the test of time. From my time in the SH the ozzies and kiwis love these cars, they just go forever. Its engineering and reliability is certainly a notch above the usual crap you see in run of the mill family runarounds, hence the "legendary" comment which some seem to have misunderstood.

Anyway, at an asking of 3k for what seems to be decent condition (granted not a fan of the styling) with decent quality rims and new tyres thats not out of this world. Sure he might only get 2k for it in the end but his pricing is not off the wall and "dreamer" territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-190e-1986/26604069

Even has Mercedes Benz stickers on the front in case you forget what it is..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Wetbench4 wrote: »

I sold a much nicer '91 for about an 8th of that last year. dang, coulda been rich.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It doesn’t strike me as being that dear for a 34 year old merc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »

The red overspray on the tyres doesn’t do much for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

colm_mcm wrote: »

Maybe its the colour, wheels and the stickers but nearly 6 grand for that, I wouldn't pay half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Conveniently blurry pics. Hmm....

Initial chance your arm price is silly as always. He'd probably take the hand off ya if he was offered in around half of that before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Cheensbo wrote: »
    I sold a much nicer '91 for about an 8th of that last year. dang, coulda been rich.... :pac:
    Assuming we are comparing like for like in the sense that it was running and ready to go I reckon you let it off away too cheap there. Two odd years off classic tax and all when sold. Somebody must have got a great bargain there.

Assuming we are comparing like for like in the sense that it was running and ready to go I reckon you let it off away too cheap there. Two odd years off classic tax and all when sold. Somebody must have got a great bargain there.

Yeah was a lovely louth reg'd manual 1.8, basic spec I guess and test was out at the time alright - it could have made more for sure but needed the space badly and it went to a great new home so I was happy enough with that - and a very small few bob more than I'd paid for it 2 years before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Yeah was a lovely louth reg'd manual 1.8, basic spec I guess and test was out at the time alright - it could have made more for sure but needed the space badly and it went to a great new home so I was happy enough with that - and a very small few bob more than I'd paid for it 2 years before
    Ah, I thought we were talking one that was ready to go. Still though it probably would have being well worth putting through the test but nonetheless its always a winner with cars if you sell for more than you bought assuming you didn't plough too much loot into it in the meantime.

The other one posted here is probably not the best to be drawing comparisons to as its an away with the fairy price. Very tarted up and chavvy looking too.

Ah, I thought we were talking one that was ready to go. Still though it probably would have being well worth putting through the test but nonetheless its always a winner with cars if you sell for more than you bought assuming you didn't plough too much loot into it in the meantime.

The other one posted here is probably not the best to be drawing comparisons to as its an away with the fairy price. Very tarted up and chavvy looking too.

Ah she was right enough to be fair - I was still driving it here and there, test was just expired - had too many cars and not enough interest in testing them all - then a smiley Transit arrived in my hands and I needed space quickfast!

Being a 190 I never really had to do anything with it, ridiculous reliability.. think I changed the rocker cover gasket and a spring broke up front, other than that - all I did was drive it, they have some steering lock from factory - roundabouts and that were great craic in it.

I would think tested and all in today's world 2-3k would be more than plenty for a good to very good one - 2.0 & Auto with some electrics would be the ideal choice IMO.

Damn ye, now I miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

These are nice when they are fully restored but this guy has to be dreaming asking €8000 for this

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/original-irish-1-owner-landcruiser-bj40-running/26450241

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I reckon he'd get that all day long from an enthusiast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is dear even on UK plates €6300. Yes it is low mileage for age but it is the lowest spec engine for these the 1.8

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-toyota-celica-st-with-56000-miles/26548937

M2I2N2VjOWY0OGM1YmZiZGY5MTJiY2RmNWE3MzkxY2GqgQVuYXRd29hd3G3cECNZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjI2NzI4OTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

bcklschaps wrote: »
    These are nice when they are fully restored but this guy has to be dreaming asking €8000 for this

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/original-irish-1-owner-landcruiser-bj40-running/26450241

Big money when restored. But the words "barn find" means its sh***

this guy should take a zero off the asking price.

Its a rusty shell, a reg....and maybe and engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭User1998

Deane Motors are back with some over priced accessories.

My favourite is this extra small outdoor car cover that will only fit a classic mini, yours for €240. I bought a larger sized one the other day for under €40.

https://deanemotors.ie/product/outdoor-car-cover/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Dog dick red, looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

User1998 wrote: »
    Deane Motors are back with some over priced accessories.

My favourite is this extra small outdoor car cover that will only fit a classic mini, yours for €240. I bought a larger sized one the other day for under €40.

https://deanemotors.ie/product/outdoor-car-cover/

To be fair, I don't think he is taking the piss here. Yes you can buy a cheap cover for 40 quid, but these look to be decent quality, and people will pay top dollar for a good cover.

A reverse image search of his pictures shows other companies selling them for pretty much the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Fair play to them if they are making a few bob. Wouldn't be my cup of tea however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Was an auto, no engine or box, damaged all round, chassis damaged also. 10k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra/26587981

Was an auto, no engine or box, damaged all round, chassis damaged also. 10k.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-supra/26587981

There is dreaming, and there are people on crack. This is one of the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I dont think it's a bargain but it probably is worth a couple grand, would it be? Prices for these seem to have gone bananas.

I dont think it's a bargain but it probably is worth a couple grand, would it be? Prices for these seem to have gone bananas.

Set of plates and a book would probably cover 2/3rds of it, suppose you'd have some spares left over then..

I could see a clean shell worth a few grand. But that one is dog rough, and looks like it has seen many a bad welding job. Asking 10 grand is actually hilarious.

YWMzNjVlNmQxYjQ5NjFlYjhmMDg3YTY3YjY1OTA0MzZUaWJljDcPDkHJ4tGZFkuOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjMwODUwODB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Tzardine wrote: »
    I could see a clean shell worth a few grand. But that one is dog rough, and looks like it has seen many a bad welding job. Asking 10 grand is actually hilarious.

YWMzNjVlNmQxYjQ5NjFlYjhmMDg3YTY3YjY1OTA0MzZUaWJljDcPDkHJ4tGZFkuOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjMwODUwODB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It’s hardly fit as a hen house

Advertisement