Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampyr

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I am having a great time with this game. Its so much fun just walking around talking to everybody. Some guy killed another guy so I ate him but that is all i have feed on so far. I think im going to eat just near do wells and see how I get on.
    The combat, well its not great. It feels a bit like AC Origins but a lot of the areas im fighting in are cramped and this is super annoying trying to dart around and getting stuck mid boss fight.
    If you like a good rpg this is a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think im going to eat just near do wells and see how I get on.

not to be that guy but it is "ne'er do well"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I'm really enjoying it aswell , some of the story's you come across in the Hospital are really cool and it is tough picking out your next meal because you lose there storyline straight away

Spear wrote: »
    Cardiac massage is not a substitute for epinephrine, as my last tragic patient just learned.

I used the epinephrine, he still died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Do yis think it's worth picking up, yeah? I've been tempted to get it but I keep holding off. Was going to watch a few gameplay vids but didn't want spoilers so didn't bother. About to start Life is Strange which I believe is same developer. If I like that would this be similar style of gameplay?

• Advertisement

I didn't like life is strange but I love this. Even the combat clicks after you get a few powers. Totally worth the money.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Awesome, combat is clunky enough but not all that bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Awesome, combat is clunky enough but not all that bad imo.

Worth the full price or wait for a sale ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Worth the full price or wait for a sale ?

Well I payed about 36 for it on g2play so I was happy enough with that price, I would say go for it.

Might get this today. I started Life is Strange earlier. Dunno what I expected but so far female teenage angst stuff about college and rich kid bullies is not grabbing me. Me being a 40 year old man and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

started it last night but was knackered so will give it a proper go later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My copy arrived today, not sure if I want to dive into it now or wait till October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I used the epinephrine, he still died.

Hmm, that's annoying. I thought my (bad) choice meant something, since the nurse criticised it. Seems now that it meant nothing and it was on rails.

Some of these lads are asking to be eaten. Who the f**k do they think they are? I'm looking at you seymour fishburn!

How side quests work? just gotten to the hospital, does the game open up a bit more now?

How side quests work? just gotten to the hospital, does the game open up a bit more now?

Just talk to everyone and they open up, look for notes lying around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna pick this up today. I saw there are trophies for no civ kills and total chaos. I think I'll play what feels natural to me that makes the game the most enjoyable. If anyone is doing multiple playthroughs for trophies, there is a cheat code to max out XP. Not sure if it's a dev code forgotten to take out or if they left it in for the laugh. Should definitely help with no civ kills run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vampyr/comments/8ps0o0/the_developer_put_a_legit_xp_cheat_inlegends/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I've a few hours in this now and I'm loving it, combat seems slick enough for me unless you get caught in a tight corner. Haven't seen any bugs, etc. Npc's all seem somewhat interesting with their own stories. Currently I'm only killing the scummy npc's

I've a few hours in this now and I'm loving it, combat seems slick enough for me unless you get caught in a tight corner. Haven't seen any bugs, etc. Npc's all seem somewhat interesting with their own stories. Currently I'm only killing the scummy npc's

Same here!

So I got this earlier. Might give it a run through tonight or might finish Life is Strange first (3rd chapter and kind of enjoying it despite earlier reservations). I've read there's a huge patch for this. Can anyone remember how big and how critical it is in regards to gameplay? I tether on mobile and low on data atm but new plan starts tomorrow. Am I better off waiting to update?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So I got this earlier. Might give it a run through tonight or might finish Life is Strange first (3rd chapter and kind of enjoying it despite earlier reservations). I've read there's a huge patch for this. Can anyone remember how big and how critical it is in regards to gameplay? I tether on mobile and low on data atm but new plan starts tomorrow. Am I better off waiting to update?

No sign of a patch on PC yet at least. I can't speak for the consoles though.

What's the significance of not having the red bar under the orAnge bar full?

What's the significance of not having the red bar under the orAnge bar full?

You mean the current blood bar? You can't perform various special attacks without it. You can feed in combat to fill it or use tonics.

Spear wrote: »
    You mean the current blood bar? You can't perform various special attacks without it. You can feed in combat to fill it or use tonics.

Ahh.....I don't get the option to feed in battle at all :s.

Ahh.....I don't get the option to feed in battle at all :s.

You have to stun them with your off-hand weapon first.

You have to stun them with your off-hand weapon first.

Ya I'm stunning them with Y and I get the option sometimes and then other times I don't.

Ya I'm stunning them with Y and I get the option sometimes and then other times I don't.

You should see a clear vampire teeth icon when it's an option. Just a single hit from a stunning weapon isn't enough. If you're using that starting stake, that often takes 2 or 3 hits at the start of the game to stun someone.

Also how do you level up your mesmerise to eat people? I'm still ónly level one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got to the safehouse at the start, already loving the setting and music, right up my alley.

• Advertisement

Also how do you level up your mesmerise to eat people? I'm still ónly level one.

Yeah im only level 2 :confused: I looked it up and was told to just do the main missions but I prefer not to fight and just go around healing all insundry.

Damn this game needs a fast travel.

Advertisement