Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampyr

Options
24567

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Just skimmed through it but looks really interesting. I thought it would be a case of trying to be a 'good' vampire but his kills in that looked really cool and satisfying, tempting to do a kill all run. 60 citizens you can talk to and kill/spare. Their connections with each other sound really deep as well, looks to have an absolute ton of ways it can play out.

    Also, they were pronouncing it vam-pire but I was calling it vam-peer. Think I'll stick to my way.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Trophies listed, may be spoilers have, nice nod to life is strange in there :)

    https://www.exophase.com/game/vampyr-psn/trophies/

    Good article here where someone took details of the stream so you can find out info without having to watch that video.

    https://attackofthefanboy.com/news/vampyr-details-revealed-in-gameplay-stream/

    I see it's 60 euro most places but Smyths are selling it for 50 and will be 45 if you preorder it for instore collection

    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/vampyr-ps4/p/161405


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    ^ Looks like two plays needed for those trophies assuming
    killing is needed to turn districts hostile


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan


    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just skimmed through it but looks really interesting. I thought it would be a case of trying to be a 'good' vampire but his kills in that looked really cool and satisfying, tempting to do a kill all run. 60 citizens you can talk to and kill/spare. Their connections with each other sound really deep as well, looks to have an absolute ton of ways it can play out.

    Also, they were pronouncing it vam-pire but I was calling it vam-peer. Think I'll stick to my way.

    He calls it an AA game, not a AAA.
    I'm worried about the length...given that there's only 60 citizens.
    I take it the randoms don't count.

    If the price is that of an AA game I'll deffo go for it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971


    SeantheMan wrote:
    He calls it an AA game, not a AAA. I'm worried about the length...given that there's only 60 citizens. I take it the randoms don't count.

    SeantheMan wrote:
    If the price is that of an AA game I'll deffo go for it.


    Hopefully your right, hellblade senua sacrifice proved there's a market there for a tight curated experience to fill in between the AAA juggernauts


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Definite and welcome market for AA games like Hellblade. Bit pricey at 60 quid RRP though. Smyths are selling it for 50 with an extra fiver discount if you preorder online and collect the game in store. Will definitely go that route closer to launch if the reviews are sounding good. I'd only be happy to give Don't Nod my money though so hope this does well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971


    Zero-Cool wrote:
    Definite and welcome market for AA games like Hellblade. Bit pricey at 60 quid RRP though. Smyths are selling it for 50 with an extra fiver discount if you preorder online and collect the game in store. Will definitely go that route closer to launch if the reviews are sounding good. I'd only be happy to give Don't Nod my money though so hope this does well.

    Ah that's a bit much I'd assumed it would be priced more like hellblade.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan


    Same. Quite disappointed to hear that.
    Especially if the game director says that it's NOT a AAA game....then why is it being priced as such ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes


    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Same. Quite disappointed to hear that.
    Especially if the game director says that it's NOT a AAA game....then why is it being priced as such ?

    To be fair the price 60 euro isn't the price for a triple A game anymore (well most of them, there are exceptions). I do think it should be a little more cheaper to be fair, but its not triple A price, those are 70 euro these days.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix


    wes wrote: »
    those are 70 euro these days.

    If yer an idiot and shop in gamestop :rolleyes:


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes


    nix wrote: »
    If yer an idiot and shop in gamestop :rolleyes:

    Sure and Vampyr will not be 60 euro in a lot of places as well (you can see someone saying that above). I went with the RRP for simplicity sake. Price vary all over the place, depending on where you shop.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix


    wes wrote: »
    Sure and Vampyr will not be 60 euro in a lot of places as well (you can see someone saying that above). I went with the RRP for simplicity sake. Price vary all over the place, depending on where you shop.


    Gamestop is the only place i see games going for 70, EVER. Everywhere else is 60 and below.. You can usually get the game going for 70 in gamestop for 50 or 55 in either argos or smyths. Or buy off amazon for 50 and below :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes


    nix wrote: »
    Gamestop is the only place i see games going for 70, EVER. Everywhere else is 60 and below.. You can usually get the game going for 70 in gamestop for 50 or 55 in either argos or smyths. Or buy off amazon for 50 and below :pac:

    Yeah, Gamestop charge the full RRP (as do the various digital stores). Last gen I use to get my games for 45 euro from HMV.

    Trying to compare prices via the various retailers discounts would be far to much effort, so I went with the RRP, as that is the easiest way to do so.

    For example Vampyr is 60 euro on Xbox and Playstation digital stores, most other triple A games are 70 euro on those stores (except Sony exclusive titles sometimes).


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan


    Just checked there, it's realising for 50,000won , which is about 40 euro or less ....on PC (STEAM)


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji


    Looking forward to getting this next week.



  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow


    No review yet and its out in 3 days. That's disappointing


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    No review yet and its out in 3 days. That's disappointing

    Kinda normal. Review the day before launch would be early imo.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy


    Really rooting for this one, but I just have that unshakable feeling it'll be a missed opportunity.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    Really rooting for this one, but I just have that unshakable feeling it'll be a missed opportunity.

    I think I'm more hyped that once it's released, Don't Nod can then concentrate fully on life is strange 2 but I really hope this turns out good.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji


    7GB day one patch on the PS4 reported by people who have got the game early.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan


    Out today....wanna play...but not for 60 :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool


    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Out today....wanna play...but not for 60 :(

    I think it's out tomorrow, 50 in Smyths and 45 if you order online and collect in store, very tempted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09


    Have it pre-ordered in Smyths looking forward to it :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght




  • Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy


    I've seen a few reviews say the same thing; shallow gameplay wrapped in a great story and atmospheric world. "Missed opportunity" was mentioned a couple of times too. Might still be worth a playthrough at that rate - will wait for actual punter feedback.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭AidoEirE


    Check out twitch for gameplay. I usually hit there to check out gameplay side of things for a new game. Not impressed so far


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith


    Yeah, sounds like it's got poor combat with an engaging story. Also supposed to have some serious technical issues, so i think i'll wait on this for a while.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy


    Combat is terrible, good story and very good abilities but my god the combat is clumsey as FOOK! Controller does not help either.

    Shame really.....


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes


    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Combat is terrible, good story and very good abilities but my god the combat is clumsey as FOOK! Controller does not help either.

    Shame really.....

    Completely agree with what your saying. If they tightened up the combat, it would be so much better.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear


    It deserves credit for at least having you playing the role of your character in actually needing to perform medical duties, diagnose people, and dispense medicine. It's a shame I'm a woeful doctor. Cardiac massage is not a substitute for epinephrine, as my last tragic patient just learned.


Advertisement