Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

As far as I know, there were quite a few people there last time who weren't drinking (and plenty who were, too :pac:). It wasn't really one of those events were you needed to drink to enjoy it though, like it was no Swedish House Mafia in the Phoenix Park :D. Great, lively atmosphere but not particularly drunken at the same time. See what everyone else thought, though, I was on stage until the PPV itself started so other boardsies were in the crowd and could probably give you a more accurate assessment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Okay cool. I'll see what my other mate is doing and we might tip along to it on the night. Depends on his living arrangements in Dublin at the time as well though, I guess. But yeah, I'm always curious about these things as I gave up the drink last year and have a pretty low tolerance for pub atmospheres nowadays, unless I'm watching music, or if it's some sort of event like this one you're having. Swedish House Mafia was more of an ECW buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I may go to this! Believe the mania one was brilliant! might be fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My job is having a night out and the lads were looking for something different instead of just the local followed by Coppers. I suggested the SummerSlam party and, to my suprise, they're all going apesh*t for it! A few of us are lifelong fans, some are old skool and some are total newbs. We're all Prison Officers so this has a real lads night out feel to it. We clock off our shift at 8pm and on into Captains straight to enjoy some cold ones and have the craic. Buzzin' for it!

Fair play for organising this whole deal. Great work :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dying to go , hopefully i can round up a few heads to go with me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Might go to this, and then stay up the rest of the night until the CAO offers come out at 6

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm planning on going, I really enjoyed the Wrestlemania show :D

When do the tickets go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Omackeral wrote: »
    My job is having a night out and the lads were looking for something different instead of just the local followed by Coppers. I suggested the SummerSlam party and, to my suprise, they're all going apesh*t for it! A few of us are lifelong fans, some are old skool and some are total newbs. We're all Prison Officers so this has a real lads night out feel to it. We clock off our shift at 8pm and on into Captains straight to enjoy some cold ones and have the craic. Buzzin' for it!

You have to organise the Big Bossman entrance theme when these lads enter :D.

Maybe ye could organise to handcuff them to a few railings and beat them for the Hardcore title.

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm planning on going, I really enjoyed the Wrestlemania show :D

When do the tickets go on sale?

They'll go on sale this week. I'll announce it on here when they do! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Omackeral wrote: »

Hey Leggo, you have security sorted now ;) lol

I cant wait to go, really enjoyed myself at the Mania one

Did any boys get a bit too drunk at the last one and start trying to do moves on one another? Friends of mine went to WrestleMania XXV and one of them got his head split open.

Did any boys get a bit too drunk at the last one and start trying to do moves on one another? Friends of mine went to WrestleMania XXV and one of them got his head split open.

Oh god. Now that's gonna be in people's heads and guaranteed to happen once drink is taken. :D

Course in Ireland you just get beaten up by the bouncers, in the U.S, they said 3 cop cars came.

(If mods wanna move this to a topic of its own it could make for an interesting discussion, but kept it here since it's related to this)

Alright guys, as some of you might have seen on the WWE Parties page, we're looking for recommendations for the Best SummerSlam matches to screen on the night of the WWE SummerSlam Party and are deciding between here and there.

So vote as often as you like, for as many matches as you like, and the 10 most popular matches will get picked for the DVD on the night (presuming they're available).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Please show Shawn Michaels V Razor Ramon ladder match from Summerslam 1995.My favourite match of all time, people need to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd nominate this, very heartily:

I'd say why, and what this match means to me, but really, just look at the names involved. Bret Hart/Mr. Perfect.

The very first match I remember as a young 'un. Amazing. HAS to be included.

Jesus, the IC Title used to be the sh1t going by the last 3 videos!!!

The 1st ever TLC match. Not as good as TLC 2 but still a brilliant match.

Guys could I have a hand with something - I'm working on something for this night at the moment (leggo I'll pm you!) i Just need to know one or 2 things:
    • The mania Party - How many people were there (approx)
    • Are we expecting similar numbers this time?
    • Could you link the pictures from the night itself (I know they were here before but I can't find them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I had a few friends fly over from the UK for the Wrestlemania one but don't see that happening this time so I may need someone here to adopt me for the evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Ill be in the same boat dude...none of my mates like wrestling so will be going on my lonesome.Real wrestling fans are a bit of a minority so im sure there will be plenty of folks to have a pint and chat away to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Guys could I have a hand with something - I'm working on something for this night at the moment (leggo I'll pm you!) i Just need to know one or 2 things:
    • The mania Party - How many people were there (approx)
    • Are we expecting similar numbers this time?
    • Could you link the pictures from the night itself (I know they were here before but I can't find them)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.271605439590425.65827.100002229144483&type=3 pics are here, I don't really remember how many went for it but as you can see in the pics it was pretty full.

Hi grames, interested to hear what you've got in mind! PM me and, if I can help in any way, I will.

We lost count last time tbh. Initially the plan was to run it in the Captain's Live area and hopefully fill that, but when tickets sold out we made the decision to open the whole restaurant to it. Then we had a massive walk-up on the night. There was a few hundred there but, apologies, any attempt at an exact figure would be pure guesswork on my part.

Since it's SummerSlam, not Mania, realistically I don't expect it to be as full as there just won't be the same demand to see it. Having said that, though, we're much more prepared this time around, have been promoting it for longer and reaction to this one is very, very similar to the Mania party (the way it kept popping up everywhere on my Facebook feed the night we announced it etc). So you never know.

All I want, being completely honest with you, is for a good enough turnout that there's a great atmosphere for everyone to have a great night (and I'm already very confident that that'll be the case), for Captain's to be happy with the night (so we can run more) and to cover costs involved in running it, in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Which Captain's is this in?

Which Captain's is this in?

Grafton St. in Dublin pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I went to the Mania party and it was great crack.

We got there at 6,got something to eat and grabbed a seat at the bar with a tv two feet away from us, perfect. If we'd left it until 8 to arrive, we might not have gotten a seat though, it filled up really quickly. Its not the biggest place in the world but the crowd that was there was comfortable, 200-230. You could walk around, go to the bar, q for the toilet(worst time was during the divas match, which was after Taker v HHH, lot of people hopping on one foot after that) with relative ease all night.

The bar did run out of a lot of stuff with about 45 minutes to go which was a pain. The warm beer hit me the next day fairly hard. I doubt they ever imagined that they were going to get so many people in the door for such a long period of time. Even though we drank the place almost dry, i don't think there was any trouble. We all just had a laugh.

We're thinking of going again and i hope its not a flop because it was the crowd that made the night an all round success for mania. With Lesnar and HHH fighting, its an ok card, but if The Rock has any part of the Cena, Big Show, Punk angle, then it might coax a few more people to come out to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Super-Rush wrote: »
    If we'd left it until 8 to arrive, we might not have gotten a seat though, it filled up really quickly.

Wow no idea it was already full with 4 hours to go, I arrived at about 11:55!

I noticed there were about 30 wrestlers at the very front of the big-screen, they must have been there all day.

Tickets on sale NOW for the WWE SummerSlam Party via the link below. You'll receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of purchasing that will also serve as your ticket for the night. If you don't, just send an email to Rick@AMTLive.ie with your name and email address.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TVMHHPT75CLSG

• Advertisement

WWE have graciously offered to provide merchandise to be used as raffle prizes/giveaways on the night itself.

They are really impressed that this has been set up and are only too happy to help make the night that little bit more fun!

:)

Nice of them!

Advertisement