Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

What's the difference between awec and a prawn sambo eating, wax jacket wearing, d4 Leinster supporter?

Seriously folks.. Does anyone know?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Seriously folks.. Does anyone know?

Potato farls?

Stheno wrote: »
    Potato farls?

Not if you put caviar on them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

My daughter went skiing in Andorra last year and then 5 days on the Camino a few weeks later. TY is great gas, just not very good for your bank balance. Posh isn’t a word anyone would use to describe her school, that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

So is mfceiling.

Feck covid-19 the world is ending:pac:

You've obviously never met me Stheno. I am a pure bred culchie!!

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    You've obviously never met me Stheno. I am an inbred culchie!!

Fixed that for you, otherwise it’s an oxymoron

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

What's the difference between awec and a prawn sambo eating, wax jacket wearing, d4 Leinster supporter?
    This is getting personal. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

stephen_n wrote: »
    Fixed that for you, otherwise it’s an oxymoron

Sure, but isn't inbred a bit redundant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Sure, but isn't inbred a bit redundant?

Sure all them culchies are redundant. All the jobs are in the shmoke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You've obviously never met me Stheno. I am a pure bred culchie!!

This is what I thought about you and your missus which is why I was so confused!!
    Tis far from school skiing trips ye were reared!

• Advertisement

I'm gonna put it out there. Proper top level schools wouldn't do something like a ski trip as they value education above all else and there is very little educational merit in a ski trip.

I'm bitter my school never did a ski trip

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

My daughter went skiing in Andorra last year and then 5 days on the Camino a few weeks later. TY is great gas, just not very good for your bank balance. Posh isn’t a word anyone would use to describe her school, that’s for sure.

We worked the school shop as a "business learning experience" in TY. Which in retrospect was just free labour.

This is what I thought about you and your missus which is why I was so confused!!
    Tis far from school skiing trips ye were reared!

And you're not wrong. We're rearing a bunch of self entitled kids!!

Podge_irl wrote: »
    We worked the school shop as a "business learning experience" in TY. Which in retrospect was just free labour.

We didn’t have TY in my time, if you did 4th year in those days it was because you had done the group cert before your inter.

And you're not wrong. We're rearing a bunch of self entitled kids!!

Assign them chores to pay back the cost of the trip!!!

We didn’t have TY in my time, if you did 4th year in those days it was because you had done the group cert before your inter.

We had a school bank in fifth year

We had a school bank in fifth year

I barely made it that far.

I barely made it that far.

You missed out.

I had the job yuk ous role of being the school bank manager

Between that and doing maths in the boys school and another subject in a third school I was grounded for months due to mothers spies regularly reporting me out of school during the school day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

When I was in school (early 90s) we went on a week's trip to France, but they at least made some effort at making it educational - Bayeux tapestry, WW2 cemeteries, Versailles, etc.

That sounds like a great trip. My school did ski trips but it was only a 4 hour bus trip away. I went on a geography trip to Hawaii, French language trips to New Caledonia and Tahiti and a few sports trips to Australia.

Did any of you fix televisions as part of your school work?

Screen just went blank on our tele there. Sound is still grand but the picture is gone. I've tried turning it on and off so that's my knowledge of electrical devices complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Screen just went blank on our tele there. Sound is still grand but the picture is gone. I've tried turning it on and off so that's my knowledge of electrical devices complete.

did you try percussive maintenance?

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    did you try percussive maintenance?

If by percussive maintenance you mean thumping it a few times then yes...yes I did try percussive maintenance. Or as my dad would say "hit that yoke a skite"

If by percussive maintenance you mean thumping it a few times then yes...yes I did try percussive maintenance. Or as my dad would say "hit that yoke a skite"

Did you check the input on the remote?
    And power it off at the plug?

Check the cables going into the back of the tv. Often if it's picking up one of either the sound or visual it's because the cable is very slightly loose. Make sure it's fully in then try again.

• Administrators Posts: 53,434 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Buy a new one.

awec wrote: »
    Buy a new one.

This is the posh response......

What do you get if you cross awec, with someone who owns two summer homes?

awec

Buy a new one.

Yeah tried everything. Actually had to talk to each other tonight. That was weird.

Told her to beat the door of Harvey Norman's down at 9 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Told her to beat the door of Harvey Norman's down at 9 in the morning.

When you said you talked to each other, this was the extent of your conversation, wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Buy a new one.

Look at you doing your common people routine. We know your real answer is buy two new ones.

Just remember, everybody hates a tourist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement