Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I saw Pet Shop Boys a couple of summers ago at a festival, pretty much by accident, after The Killers. Both were fantastic. Class live show, and I wouldn't have been a fan beforehand at all. Only knew a couple songs at best.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Paul weller playing the Olympia 27th October and belfast Ulster hall on 25th October
    2nd date added at Olympia - Monday 26th October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭dasdog

One of the more interesting contemporary bands - Whelans 16th May - €13.50

And after that the All Together Now festival

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Do we think that this Coronavirus could halt some tours over the summer? Green day have already cancelled their Asian tour. I know that Asia is a high risk for it but still if it escalates in Europe id say we could see cancellations even Euro championships are at risk of being cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Do we think that this Coronavirus could halt some tours over the summer? Green day have already cancelled their Asian tour. I know that Asia is a high risk for it but still if it escalates in Europe id say we could see cancellations even Euro championships are at risk of being cancelled

Everything seemingly up in the air at the moment I have graspop tickets and am reluctant to book flights and accomidation now thinking i might be left high and dry, think the reaction to this what seems to be essentially a slightly worse flu is just been blown out of proportion to sell a few papers tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Everything seemingly up in the air at the moment I have graspop tickets and am reluctant to book flights and accomidation now thinking i might be left high and dry, think the reaction to this what seems to be essentially a slightly worse flu is just been blown out of proportion to sell a few papers tbh.

Very true

I knw it has the potential to be very very serious but so frustrating how everything could stop cause of it and we knw how the Irish government works and they will hit the panic button straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Axl Rose isn't the type of guy to embark on a world tour in the midst of a deadly outbreak. Nobody knows if this will get better or worse so there is a chance festivials will get canned.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Axl Rose isn't the type of guy to embark on a world tour in the midst of a deadly outbreak. Nobody knows if this will get better or worse so there is a chance festivials will get canned.

Hopefully better dont want my summer ruined

Ozzy Osbourne should quit touring tbh as it's not safe for him to the touring in his circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 85,320 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 85,320 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nelly plays The Royal Theatre Castlebar on Friday, 13th March 2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

PTH2009 wrote: »

Ozzy Osbourne should quit touring tbh as it's not safe for him to the touring in his circumstances

If the Euro's are under close watch , then so all the big summer gigs , but its early days yet.

At the end of the day , the performers are all wealthy and don't really need the money. A risk of any size will be enough to turn them off.

Burty330 wrote: »
    Yeah thats the least of um im worried about tbh theyve been very p.r heavy about the shows in the summer. It could easily come down to them cancelling certain shows in certain countries. To be fair to the guy he rarley cancels shows altogether. I could definitley see Green day cancelling if it gets worse considering they were quick to cancel the recent leg of the tour. I dont think this as serious as they are making it out to be they said the same thing with the Zika virus , swine flu etc it will blow over but no doubt it will also disrupt somethings in the mean time. Ive MCR, GNR and Green day all in the space of a week so hopefully none get cancelled

The European shows will not happen i'd say , the guy is very ill and he can't stand on his own at all. Considering they are making another Album this month I get the impression they just want to release as much music as they can before he passes away unfortunatley. If that show actually happened i would be blown away cause theres no way in the shape hes in at the moment he would be able to do a full length tour he should honestly just relax and release music while he still can. Also that new Album is amazing as well ive that on repeat since its been released

The European shows will not happen i'd say , the guy is very ill and he can't stand on his own at all. Considering they are making another Album this month I get the impression they just want to release as much music as they can before he passes away unfortunatley. If that show actually happened i would be blown away cause theres no way in the shape hes in at the moment he would be able to do a full length tour he should honestly just relax and release music while he still can. Also that new Album is amazing as well ive that on repeat since its been released

I'd accept that even if missing out on Judas priest

Saw him with sabbath a few years back that will do my fine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Irish Times are reporting that a decision will be made today as regards mass gatherings in Ireland.

Ricky Gervais 3Arena Friday 29th May tickets on sale Friday

Edit:
    Tickets start off at 44.50 which is very reasonable I think

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kaiser Chiefs are playing GIAF on 23rd of July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Kaiser Chiefs are playing GIAF on 23rd of July

Nice one for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Irish Times are reporting that a decision will be made today as regards mass gatherings in Ireland.

Interesting. Guess it is mainly in context of Paddys weekend. Dont think they would a decision about events 3 months out say at this stage but will probably be reviewed closer to time. Hopefully in 2 or 3 months time the worst is over but that could be optimistic

Eod100 wrote: »
    Interesting. Guess it is mainly in context of Paddys weekend. Dont think they would a decision about events 3 months out say at this stage but will probably be reviewed closer to time. Hopefully in 2 or 3 months time the worst is over but that could be optimistic

Yeah your right i think it's to do with Paddys day but people interpreted that for being gigs for the year. I think it would be a nightmare for acts to cancel shows and seeing as they are still announcing loads of gigs these said acts I don't think it's a big issue for them. As well there is so much money on the line it's not in their best interest to reschedule/cancel shows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

ESHbSYLWAAcE4QJ?format=jpg&name=small

Zardoz wrote: »
    ESHbSYLWAAcE4QJ?format=jpg&name=small

We were right they would play here anyway shame it's on a wednesday though

We were right they would play here anyway shame it's on a wednesday though

2 days after Mega hella

2 days after Mega hella

Yeah im going to that as well and Chem brothers day after and Kings of Leon are on my bucket list some savage week that for gigs ive mcr,gnr,green day, chem borthers and hopefully Kings of leon ill have to book a week off at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Wolf Parade cancelled. Balls.

Smashing pumpkins have announced they are starting their rock invasion 2 tour in the states with a new album coming out this year, I'd say that might be something that could happen towards the end of the year start of next year

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Wolf Parade cancelled. Balls.

Gutted about this, they were great last time and I really like the new album.

They cancelled due to fears of catching and spreading coronavirus

Probably wont be the only gig to be affected in this way

bkrangle wrote: »
    Gutted about this, they were great last time and I really like the new album.

They cancelled due to fears of catching and spreading coronavirus

Probably wont be the only gig to be affected in this way

Nervous about cancellations

The who on the 18th March is my next gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Nervous about cancellations

The who on the 18th March is my next gig

A lot of cancellations are probably going to depend on where else in Europe they are on tour and the nationality of the artist.
    I have a friend in the US who was meant to go to Italy next week.
    She’s still happy to go but they are now advising US citizens against all non essential travel so she’s cancelling.
    Whereas in Ireland the dept are just advising against travel to affected regions ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,382 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Guidelines expected to be issued tomorrow on mass gatherings according to Harris.

Advertisement