Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

James Holden (& the Animal Spirits) seems to be touring Europe/Uk until the end of June. Might be an option for ATN if Body and Soul don't snap him up again (I think he played 2018).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hugeglobe

I reckon we'll see Tame Impala announced as a late headliner. New album out that will be touring and they played FF in 2016 (?) so there's definitely a relationship there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

hugeglobe wrote: »
    I reckon we'll see Tame Impala announced as a late headliner. New album out that will be touring and they played FF in 2016 (?) so there's definitely a relationship there.
    Playing Denver the Thursday night previous, Salt Lake City on the Saturday night and Portland on the Monday night.. I'd say that's a no unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Probably too big I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Basq wrote: »
    Playing Denver the Thursday night previous, Salt Lake City on the Saturday night and Portland on the Monday night.. I'd say that's a no unfortunately!

Salt Lake City to Portland via Waterford?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Electric Picnic I'd say. New album is great.

hibsman wrote: »
    Electric Picnic I'd say. New album is great.

Can't get into it. The songs are a lot weaker than his previous work. It's been critically received well so maybe it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Can't get into it. The songs are a lot weaker than his previous work. It's been critically received well so maybe it's just me.

Don't be so hard on yourself ;) It's not just you...there's always someone out there that feels the same. That person is not me though--I never got it! :D

That's the beauty of individuals and their taste...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I like Tame Impala but can't get into the new album at all. The overwhelming positive reviews have surprised me tbh!

But, either way, if they're headlining Coachella and Primavera, they're probably a bit too big for ATN and it's 15k punters, sadly.

Saw a post on efestivals today that said they're reportedly booked for all the big Euro festivals next year and that it's an arena tour this time but I never know if anyone in there is reliable or just spouting nonsense! They're already announced for a few festivals anyway so not sure if there's anything to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Salt Lake City to Portland via Waterford?:)
    Aer Lingus are only bringing in that route in September unfortunately..

.. so a tad too early! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Was underwhelmed initially but got into it after a few listens, seems to do a great live show from what I hear. Definitely too big for ATN now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I love it - even if they weren't touring elsewhere I'd imagine they are too big for ATN now. Probably Stradbally bound...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Well - there’s my hopes for Pet Shop Boys dashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Jarvis Cocker - anyone see him live as a solo act? Anyone know what we can expect?

#justplaycommonpeople

• Registered Users Posts: 36 GerPen2015

Jarvis Cocker - anyone see him live as a solo act? Anyone know what we can expect?

#justplaycommonpeople

Seen him at in London in Victoria Park last year when the strokes played, only seen him for about 15 mins and he was entertaining but I am not a fan as such so didn't know any of the songs, as far as I know he didn't play any of the pulp hits :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,530 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

#justplaycommonpeople

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112629700&postcount=963

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

#justplaycommonpeople
    The Nal wrote: »

The Nal, knowledgeable gig goer though he is, is being unduly harsh here. Saw him at EP last year and enjoyed him. Mad as a brush but in the best sense. Lots of good stuff but not much for the Pulpists. Here's the Irish Times take on it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/jarvis-cocker-at-electric-picnic-no-going-back-to-the-year-2000-1.4002929

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Jarvis has always been keen on a bit of chat. He expounded, to great length, on the quality charity shop haul of clothes he’d pulled in Dublin when Pulp played the SFX in ‘95.

I dont think they're on the poster but The Mary Wallopers are booked to play. I saw them support Junior Brother back in December - first time I've ever seen a support band do a encore. Great bunch of lads playing great songs. Got tickets for their Whelans date soon too - think it's sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I dont think they're on the poster but The Mary Wallopers are booked to play. I saw them support Junior Brother back in December - first time I've ever seen a support band do a encore. Great bunch of lads playing great songs. Got tickets for their Whelans date soon too - think it's sold out

Are they the TPM lads?

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are they the TPM lads?

Yes they are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Stillill42

They're playing the Rock against Homelessness gig in the Olympia on Tuesday with Fontaines, Murder Capital etc. Looking forward to checking them out.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    They're playing the Rock against Homelessness gig in the Olympia on Tuesday with Fontaines, Murder Capital etc. Looking forward to checking them out.

See you there Still

Have you a source for that, anything stronger than a pal of mine knows one of the lads' mother's who says they're going...?

When they play, do they mix up TMW with TPM? Do we get a bit of f*** FG and f*** FF too, after the cod liver oil? Or do they stick to one genre?

If they're playing, 'twould be marvellous. Was going to go tomorrow, but I've a "do" at home!

Have you a source for that, anything stronger than a pal of mine knows one of the lads' mother's who says they're going...?

When they play, do they mix up TMW with TPM? Do we get a bit of f*** FG and f*** FF too, after the cod liver oil? Or do they stick to one genre?

If they're playing, 'twould be marvellous. Was going to go tomorrow, but I've a "do" at home!

I was chatting to them at Other Voices -

They play the folk stuff only under The Mary Walloppers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I was chatting to them at Other Voices -

They play the folk stuff only under The Mary Walloppers

At 2am that could be interesting.

Too Rae Ah and folla diddle ah are the Irish version of Scat

Doing a bit of listening to the acts I don't know - Dry Cleaning have immediately grabbed my interest

Playing Whelans in May for a measly 13 quid too

maximoose wrote: »
    Doing a bit of listening to the acts I don't know - Dry Cleaning have immediately grabbed my interest

Playing Whelans in May for a measly 13 quid too

I'll give you a +1 on that. I think they're great!
    Try Dog Proposal and Sombre One :) Each to their own though...

I've just listened to the latest EP and loving it, will be at another gig the night of Whelan's though, raging!

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9RdPp-n-s1/

Looks like all of these are playing the mainstage anyway

Advertisement