Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You sure?

Parcel Motel Protect is an extended liability service from Parcel Motel that automatically protects your parcels to the value of €100 as per our terms and conditions of service.

If you are ordering or sending parcels that are worth more than €100 you can avail of three extended liability options for the duration of 14 days.

Our Parcel Motel Protect options are:

€500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €3.50
    €1000 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €7.00
    €1500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €10.50

Simply sign in to your account and choose the extend liability to secure even further peace of mind when collecting, returning or sending parcels with Parcel Motel.

I was answering the previous 2 posts. Poster doesn’t normally insure - pointed out normal cover is only €100. Also addressed previous post about increasing cover with An Post/AddressPal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sdanseo wrote: »
    Update: item delivered to Addresspal less than 18 hours after it was ordered.

AP yet to so much as acknowledge its existence. Is that normal?
    I've only ever used Addresspal from the US.

Got the item yesterday, so 3 days faster than Amazons quoted time.

Interestingly had emailed addresspal as heard nothing over the weekend and the auto reply said they do not acknowledge receipt in their hubs. So essentially you do lose tracking as soon as Amazon do their bit with this method.

Also costs €3.50 of course and more For home delivery, but worth it if something was urgent I suppose. I won’t bother again unless I’m in a rush.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

How many people are getting refunds or a free years Prime when they complain and is there a trick to getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

How many people are getting refunds or a free years Prime when they complain and is there a trick to getting it?

Got a month free by moaning on live chat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Cant even get that, had a few deliveries late of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

They were going to give me a refund twice both times came back and said because we had used prime video and seconds time both prime video and expedited delivery to parcel motel they couldn't refund the month. I did get courtesy £5 back for late delivery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi

I bought two things from amazon 3 weeks ago and they've been sitting in a Dublin hub since last Friday, is this normal because of covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hi

I bought two things from amazon 3 weeks ago and they've been sitting in a Dublin hub since last Friday, is this normal because of covid?

no its not. once they get to dublin they are usually delivery in 2-3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not normal at all mine usually end up a day or so at the most depending on if a weekend and then delivered to the local depot and out the same morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I was just onto an post and they said its due to the high volume of online packages they're receiving and it will be delivered next week. But he said if I check Monday my tracking number they will escalate the matter if it hasn't moved by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

It got much more difficult recently. I was moaning, but nothing came out of it.

no its not. once they get to dublin they are usually delivery in 2-3 days.

Typically they are, but it is not unusual for the parcel got lost in the corner of the warehouse for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ordered two items, listed as in stock, on the 6th. Delivery is the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Placed an order Saturday, dispatched Saturday night, delivered today. Placed another order Monday night (echo dot), dispatched yesterday for delivery Friday.

Prime is back up and running properly it seems but still seeing lots of stuff not delivering to Ireland. Baking tins the latest problem (I've already searched the usual places before resorting to Amazon for what I'm specifically looking for).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

How are you supposed to complain to Amazon ? The live chat won't let me chat. I can either cancel or click "I don't need any further help"

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Ordered an item this morning and was given a month free prime ,nice, got an email this afternoon saying the item was dispatched said it would be delivered Tuesday I imagine I will have it for the weekend

Discodog wrote: »
    How are you supposed to complain to Amazon ? The live chat won't let me chat. I can either cancel or click "I don't need any further help"

Small icon underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone's email updates become anonymous to the item ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

ED E wrote: »

It's been like that for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

VG31 wrote: »
    ^this

presumably to make you click through so that they can bombard you with other ****e. The suggested items are sometimes a giveaway though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Caranica wrote: »
    Placed an order Saturday, dispatched Saturday night, delivered today. Placed another order Monday night (echo dot), dispatched yesterday for delivery Friday.

Prime is back up and running properly it seems but still seeing lots of stuff not delivering to Ireland. Baking tins the latest problem (I've already searched the usual places before resorting to Amazon for what I'm specifically looking for).

Dot arrived today, a day early. Given that order went in Monday night I'm glad to see normal service return.

But it hasn't returned to normal. I've loads of stuff on my Wishlist that it says will be delivered in a week if i order them.

Ordered 2 items this morning and due tuesday and wednesday, which usually means Monday and Tuesday. Stuff normally arrives a day earlier than whats listed for some reason. Looks like normal service to me

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Got email that my prime is about to renew, I paid £59 for the annual last year, I think it was a prime day special, this years renewal was £79. I got on to live chat to try haggle, mentioning the bad service as discussed in this thread, no luck, no budging, even asked for gift voucher, still no luck.

I asked for them to cancel my prime so that it wouldn't renew, but that I could still use it for the remaining time, live chat ended and I noticed they cancelled ic completely. Got another agent on live chat, tried use this as fuel to get a better annual price again but no luck etc, there was no way to reinstate my remaining days, so they offered me a £5 voucher, I said make it £10, no luck even at that and ended up just accepting the £5.

Will see if Prime day has it on offer again, but even with this thread I'm thinking twice to get it again even if it is on special!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

cormie wrote: »
    Got email that my prime is about to renew, I paid £59 for the annual last year, .........

Will see if Prime day has it on offer again, but even with this thread I'm thinking twice to get it again even if it is on special!

I was in exactly the same boat. Paid £59 last year renewal £79
    but I but the bullet and cancelled.

It might save me money.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    VG31 wrote: »
    ^this

presumably to make you click through so that they can bombard you with other ****e. The suggested items are sometimes a giveaway though.

Hadnt noticed. Guessed it might be privacy thing (the Mrs seeing her birthday gift etc).

1 day ago: Anon
    2 days ago: Anon
    Thu, 21 May: Not anon, item included

So I'm not THAT asleep at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

CH3OH wrote: »
    I was in exactly the same boat. Paid £59 last year renewal £79
    but I but the bullet and cancelled.

It might save me money.

Just before I cancelled, i ordered a couple of items at around 10 pm last night.
    Got an email this morning say items dispatched.

Think Amazon are just teasing me.!

Edit Saturday

And delivered this morning at 8:30!!!

Saturday, 11 July
    8:14 AM
    Out for delivery
    XXXXXXXX,
    Friday, 10 July
    3:41 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    Package has shipped

CH3OH wrote: »
    Just before I cancelled, i ordered a couple of items at around 10 pm last night.
    Got an email this morning say items dispatched.

Think Amazon are just teasing me.!

Edit Saturday

And delivered this morning at 8:30!!!

Saturday, 11 July
    8:14 AM
    Out for delivery
    XXXXXXXX,
    Friday, 10 July
    3:41 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,
    Package has shipped

Same here stuff ordered thursday due for deliver on Tuesday arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

At Checkout at the moment. Free delivery - 28 July, Priority delivery (£7.95) - 15 July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bumping this thread. Ordered 2 items Tuesday (Prime delivery) they both arrived today, delivered by DPD, not AnPost.

Advertisement