Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Caranica wrote: »
    I've had 3 deliveries in the past week, all An Post
    Same. One Prime order delivered yesterday by AnPost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I just had another order dispatched now and it also shows Amazon as the carrier.

"Your item(s) is (are) being sent by Amazon Logistics. Your tracking number is XXXXXXXX."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Just found this https://www.echo.ie/show/article/amazon-leases-its-first-e-commerce-warehouse
    “Amazon Logistics adds additional capacity to ensure we continue to meet growing customer demand and will work alongside our existing carrier partners who provide a high-quality service we value.”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i had an order that was down for delivery by amazon itself on tuesday. it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have a package arriving by Amazon today but can't track the driver. Someone on here said they could? I need to go out and would really love to have a timeline.

On another note, I'm used to An Post stuff arriving early but this was due Monday. Arriving early is not necessarily a good thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Update, I can now see that it's 8 stops away...

Further update. Well that was a sh*t show. Took an hour to get to my small estate. He drove in, drove to the furthest part of the estate, turned around and sped out, not even looking at the numbers or his map. Came back later and did the same thing TWICE. Finally got my package 31 minutes after he first drove into my estate. Couldn't get to the front door fast enough to flag him down on the early passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Sick to the back teeth of constantly getting:

This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Heighway61 wrote: »

This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.

Same here ended up setting up an address pal account. Takes a lot longer to get stuff.

what type of items? the only items I see with that are items with lithium batteries.

what type of items? the only items I see with that are items with lithium batteries.
    Doing up the house at the moment. I'm getting that message with everything from nuts and bolts, to towels, lamp shades, kettles, toasters, utensils, cleaning products, you name it.

It's not only now. Was getting the same when shopping for Christmas last year across a range of product types. Also, when getting school supplies in September.

It's getting incrementally worse.

• Advertisement

Doing up the house at the moment. I'm getting that message with everything from nuts and bolts, to towels, lamp shades, kettles, toasters, utensils, cleaning products, you name it.

It's not only now. Was getting the same when shopping for Christmas last year across a range of product types. Also, when getting school supplies in September.

really weird. I added a kettle to my basket and i was able to go to the last step of the checkout without issue. I tried it with a kettle not sold by amazon and i got the warning about not shipping to ireland. that is an issue with particular sellers then not amazon

really weird. I added a kettle to my basket and i was able to go to the last step of the checkout without issue.
    Sorry, I wasn't saying they blanket block the sale of particular types of products. Just that the percentage of products returned in a search available for delivery to Ireland is steadily decreasing. It's a pain when I find a quality, good value version of a product I need only to be told they won't sell it to me. Only option can be to buy something inferior.

Stayed away from Address Pal up to now, but looks like that's the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's an option to choose "international shipping" when filtering results

muffler wrote: »
    There's an option to choose "international shipping" when filtering results
    That's true, and a handy filter.

It also goes towards proving my point.

Search term: Kettle - 8000 results

International Shipping filter: 2000 results

That's true, and a handy filter.

It also goes towards proving my point.

Search term: Kettle - 8000 results

International Shipping filter: 2000 results

if you filter the delivery options to "Free UK Delivery by Amazon" you get over 3000 results for Kettle. the rest will be sellers who dont want to ship to ireland.

What the heck are they at now.

The only delivery option for the last number of orders has been Free Delivery, selected by default. No Standard Delivery or Priority Delivery. That may be something standard, it's new to me, but that's OK.

The products were "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon". Checkout shows the delivery charge in the order cost breakdown and then the delivery charge deducted as a promotion, as has been the case for as long as I remember. It's also reflected in the order total.

However, when the orders arrived I found that I had been charged delivery. I've emailed them, but in doing this was directed to a seller, not Amazon. We'll see.

Always a battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

What the heck are they at now.

The only delivery option for the last number of orders has been Free Delivery, selected by default. No Standard Delivery or Priority Delivery. That may be something standard, it's new to me, but that's OK.

The products were "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon". Checkout shows the delivery charge in the order cost breakdown and then the delivery charge deducted as a promotion, as has been the case for as long as I remember. It's also reflected in the order total.

However, when the orders arrived I found that I had been charged delivery. I've emailed them, but in doing this was directed to a seller, not Amazon. We'll see.

Always a battle!

Did that come off your bank account? Get onto the live chat, they are great for sorting stuff out

Gormal wrote: »
    Did that come off your bank account? Get onto the live chat, they are great for sorting stuff out
    Yep, money taken from account.

I noticed this as well. They are completely useless in the last couple of years, and getting worse all the time. The amount of things that won't ship is unreal.

They seem to be reverting back to how they were in the early 00s. We were an afterthought back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

They seem to be reverting back to how they were in the early 00s. We were an afterthought back then.

While the amount of items that won't ship here is certainly annoying, I don't think Amazon would have opened a logistics centre and started their own delivery service here if we were an afterthought.

• Advertisement

VG31 wrote: »
    While the amount of items that won't ship here is certainly annoying, I don't think Amazon would have opened a logistics centre and started their own delivery service here if we were an afterthought.
    There are any number of reasons they might have opened a logistics centre and delivery service, which don't pertain to offering better customer service.

It's like I complained about a cold meal and you tell me the restaurant just got a new oven so they must be committed to hot meals.

I am encountering far more items which cannot be shipped here than I did 5 years ago. That's my experience. They could have a million vans and it would be no good to me if I can't order the items I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Having an issue with an Amazon package the past few days. The driver keeps going to a completely different part of the country with a vaguely similar first line of the address, despite the town and Eircode both being part of my address.
    Then I get a message saying the delivery was attemped. I've spoken to Amazon multiple times. They've confirmed exactly where it should be delivered, given exact correct GPS coordinates. Then, the next day, the package gets sent out to the wrong area again.
    How is this happening, and is there anything that can be done. They said that if the package gets "refused" one more time, they'll refund me. Which isn't much use. Especially if this is going to keep happening with any future delivery.

Literally the only thing similar is the part of the first line of the address. Like if it were "Maple Drive, Malahide, XXX XXXX", I see the driver trying to deliver to "Maple Road" in Bray.

There are any number of reasons they might have opened a logistics centre and delivery service, which don't pertain to offering better customer service.

It's like I complained about a cold meal and you tell me the restaurant just got a new oven so they must be committed to hot meals.

I am encountering far more items which cannot be shipped here than I did 5 years ago. That's my experience. They could have a million vans and it would be no good to me if I can't order the items I want.
    Yep. And even when the "International Shipping" and "Free Delivery by Amazon" filters are used a high percentage of the results returned do not deliver to Ireland.

I rarely, if ever, use paid delivery by Amazon themselves or a Marketplace seller. I had a situation this week where a product I bought was "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" yet came directly from a Marketplace seller including a £10 delivery charge that was not listed at checkout.

pith buying from Amazon this last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I’ve bought quite a bit from Amazon UK in the past week or so using Prime delivery. Every single item has come from France... A sign of things to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

I’ve bought quite a bit from Amazon UK in the past week or so using Prime delivery. Every single item has come from France... A sign of things to come?

Genuine question, how can you tell where it comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Are they all different types of items you're buying? All my orders recently have come from the UK except ones I ordered on Amazon.de which came from Germany and Poland.
    Realtine wrote: »

If you look at the tracking it often shows where it comes from. Otherwise when you get the package it shows the code for the warehouse it came from which is the same as the nearest airport code.

For example: MAN (Manchester), MME (Darlington), GLA (Glasgow), LEJ (Leipzig), WRO (Wroclaw).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Realtine wrote: »

Tracking the item

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Anyone else got just dispatching now with no tracking details, to the right just got cancel items? Usually have track items on right even when not dispatched.

Another recent change is that order confirmation and order despatch emails no longer list the order item(s), just the order number and amount. If you have a number of pending orders and don't recognise their 17-digit order number you have to go back to their web site to see which order the email relates to.

Sure while you're there you might as well buy something else.

• Advertisement

spookwoman wrote: »
    Anyone else got just dispatching now with no tracking details, to the right just got cancel items? Usually have track items on right even when not dispatched.
    Yep, only see "Track Package" for orders already delivered!

Also, only seeing Free Delivery at checkout, before was Free, Standard and Priority.

Advertisement