Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Does anyone know if Tesco take the 10 off for 40 that Dunnes are doing right now? I rang their customer care but I couldn't get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,213 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Does anyone know if Tesco take the 10 off for 40 that Dunnes are doing right now? I rang their customer care but I couldn't get through.

Should do...
    http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its 10-off-50- not 40- and yes, they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭MB05

Its 10-off-50- not 40- and yes, they do.

It's a different voucher than the normal 10 off 50. In the recent back to school mailing they gave 4 weekly 10 off 40 vouchers in the back of the booklet. I assume these are the ones Surreptitious is talking about.

Yes, they are the ones I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭MB05

Yes, they are the ones I mean.

For what it's worth I think Tesco will take them. They are no different to the Supervalu ones that are regularly posted out and they accept them.

It would be great if they did, it's still a tenner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,213 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

MB05 wrote: »
    It's a different voucher than the normal 10 off 50. In the recent back to school mailing they gave 4 weekly 10 off 40 vouchers in the back of the booklet. I assume these are the ones Surreptitious is talking about.

I've used the Supervalu ones, you just have to make sure you use the one that is in date that week.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

They took mine this week

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I got 10 for a 40 spend vouchers from Dunnes in their mailing this week. Four of them over 4 weeks.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kn wrote: »
    I got 10 for a 40 spend vouchers from Dunnes in their mailing this week. Four of them over 4 weeks.

Jeez, am I the only one who didn't get these vouchers with my recent Dunnes mailing?!

Although I can't complain too much, have had plenty from SuperValu in recent weeks to use in Tesco! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Quackster wrote: »
    kn wrote: »

Jeez, am I the only one who didn't get these vouchers with my recent Dunnes mailing?!

Although I can't complain too much, have had plenty from SuperValu in recent weeks to use in Tesco! :D

I didn't get these either.Not a regular shopper in dunnes nowadays,so I presume it's just those who regularly use the shop and save vouchers,that received the €10 off €40?????

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭valc

I'm def not a regular Dunnes grocery shopper. Prob spent a max of 20 Euro in total there since Xmas. And I received the 4 X 10 Euro off vouchers in the post.

valc wrote: »
    I'm def not a regular Dunnes grocery shopper. Prob spent a max of 20 Euro in total there since Xmas. And I received the 4 X 10 Euro off vouchers in the post.

I am a regular shopper in Dunnes and use the €10 off €50 vouchers so that would explain why I didn't get them. Turns out another family member who won't use them did get them though so all's well! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I'm a regular Dunnes shopper too. I didn't get any spend and save voucher in the latest mailing. But my friend who is an average Dunnes shopper got them. I don't know what's the logic behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

etselbbuns wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get a list of the 800 products? Or any stand-out bargains?
    That sounds interesting. They had some sort of price match thing a year or so ago. Some poster was getting tesco finest basmati rice which is pretty expensive. I think they got a refund on the difference between tesco & aldi (or lidl), so it ended up cheaper than buying tesco cheapo value basmati. Tesco at the time had 3 or 4 basmatis, tesco value, bog standard and finest. The trick was that the likes of lidl/aldi often will just have 1 type, a bog standard one, on a par with tescos regular own brand.

Since tesco now appear to be labelling the 800 it is less likely you will get anomolies like this.
    mac.in wrote: »
    I'm a regular Dunnes shopper too. I didn't get any spend and save voucher in the latest mailing. But my friend who is an average Dunnes shopper got them. I don't know what's the logic behind it.
    The logic is that they do not have to give any bonus to a customer who is already seemingly happy to shop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭bliger

tesco in maynooth doing clearance on towels, candles, and kitchenware some items are greatly reduced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

Tesco tuna chunks in sunflower oil 400g €1.75
    This is currently the cheapest tinned tuna around. UK has it for £2.75

Also Tesco wild pacific pink salmon 212g is a bargain at https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=258098062

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tinned salmon 89c all the time in ALDI if I'm not mistaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Carmen Reserva Carmenere €6, reduced from €15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Carmen Reserva Carmenere €6, reduced from €15.

Which shop

my local is reduced from €15 to €9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

deckie27 wrote: »
    Which shop

my local is reduced from €15 to €9

Mallow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Mallow

Oops.

Also 6 in Navan.
    Thanks

T Milk 3l was €2.19 now €2.
    A permanent reduction.

Same in aldi. Suppose they're matching the longntime dunnes 2 for €4 offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,461 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A permanent reduction.

When the farmers get wind of it no doubt there will be protests at each store.

A permanent reduction.

Still not as cheap as 2 x 2l for €2.50 in Iceland and Centz but a welcome development nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Same in Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

May be nation wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

Quackster wrote: »
    Still not as cheap as 2 x 2l for €2.50 in Iceland and Centz but a welcome development nonetheless.

If you use the €10 off €50 promotion, Dunnes is cheaper. It's 2 × 3l for €4, which works out as €0.54 per litre if you spend €50 in total.

More permanently cheaper stuff
    T roasted and salted mixed nuts 200g €2.49 €1.59
    T 50 sausage rolls 800g €2.00 €1.50
    T un/smoked back rashers 400g €2.24 €1.99
    T battered/breaded cod fillets 500g €2.24 €1.99
    T squash double concentrated 1.5l range €1.65 €1.29
    etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

HI does anyone know if Tesco take gift cards when doing shopping online thanks

noble00 wrote: »
    No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,830 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

noble00 wrote: »

I had one recently and I think you could only use it on books/flowers/CD's online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

That's a pity thank you

:mad: :mad:
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Kat1170

In their 4 for €6 range. 4 DrOketker pizzas for €6. That'll do nicely.

Naas, but should be everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

As is mini waffles bag and 2 chicken birds eye stuff. However 4 birds eye chicken packs are 2.50

Theres a 3 for 3e offer on 44 products til 24th october. Lots of cadburys multipacks on there, 110/120g sized carbury bars, bags of giant buttons, popcorn, lucozade, some biscuits

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32300826&action=toggleProdListView_3&viewMode=grid

Counteract the sugar with 49c carrots parsnips and onions
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Also Lidl have 4 packs of Twix Mars SNickers for 99c til Wed 25th and they look to be full sized (157.6/160/166.8g | 1Kg = up to 6.28 )
    208809.png

123654789 wrote: »
    Also Lidl have 4 packs of Twix Mars SNickers for 99c til Wed 25th and they look to be full sized (157.6/160/166.8g | 1Kg = up to 6.28 )
    208809.png

That is a very good price, but they are not full size, as in the size you would get buying a single one in a newsagent. I am not sure if you can even buy full size bars in mulitpacks anymore. So they could well be the biggest multipacks you can get, dunnes had really small ones.

Tescos site shows a snickers is 48g, mulitpack is 41.7g
    twix is 50g, mulitpack is 40g, but you can buy 25g singles in a mulitpack.
    Mars 51g single, 39.4g multi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Picked up 5 x 2Litre PEPSI MAX bottles today for €5. Offer valid until 31/10.

soc wrote: »
    Picked up 5 x 2Litre PEPSI MAX bottles today for €5. Offer valid until 31/10.

regular & diet pepsi also in that offer. And all of the club range of 2L bottles

41 items are 5 for 5. Says Any 5 so I guess you can mix & match.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32300940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

rubadub wrote: »
    regular & diet pepsi also in that offer. And all of the club range of 2L bottles

41 items are 5 for 5. Says Any 5 so I guess you can mix & match.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32300940

You can mix and match.
    I picked up 4 bars of chocolate and 1 Club Orange today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Jemmamccabe2

24 boxed pack of coke and Diet Coke 8€

Cheese and onion king crisps party box €5.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A good deal on Pampers nappies.Size 1 and 2 work out at around 8 cent a nappy

432955.png

Captain Morgans 1L for €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I know it's the 8th of November and xxas should't be mentioned

but there is a deal at the moment on selection boxes 3 for €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Captain Morgans 1L for €25
    Bought same bottle for EUR15 in duty free in Spain a few weeks ago...

• Advertisement
Advertisement