Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Pringles 190 g €1 didn't see an expiry date

Half for fun but as the packs sizes are exactly the same an easy mistake to make.
    (They just made the gap between triangles bigger)

the most expensive 40 g of toblerone @ €100 per Kg

Toblerone 360g €2.99
    Toblerone 400g €6.99

403034.jpg

snap with Colser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

White chocolate toblerones 2.99..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Colser wrote: »
    White chocolate toblerones 2.99..

Is that the new crappy designed toblerones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Hococop wrote:

Don't know..I bought 2 for someone else..I don't like white chocolate ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

100% agree on all comments
    Tesco wine bargains are few and far between now unfortunately

]It can be very good value, but you need to know your wines and how supermarkets market wines.

Personally I don't rate brands such as santa rita - Aldi / Lidl equivalent normal price wines are vastly superior as they don;t price in false promotions.

One example is Aldi Exquisite Argentinian Malbe @ 8.49 v Santa Rita Malbec @ 11.49 (8.61 after discount)
    The Aldi one is miles ahead.

Beware of brands you only see in one supermarket.

"Winemaker selection"
    "Ogio"
    "Domain Arnaud" (utter muck)

Similarly avoid the cheap bottles of the mega brands such as cono sur, santa rita, wolf blass, frontera & carmen. After 25% of they are just about priced OK, but again you'll get better for same price in aldi lidl. (Aldi standard pinot grigio @6.99 will beat any €10 tesco version)

The value is in the €12-€20 price bracket where you can compare the wines and find independent ratings.

Tesco used to be far better for wine - these days I just find them to be appalling but with a little knowledge (and a smart phone when you are there,) you will find a few decent ones.[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I was in my Express earlier and Powers, Jameson and Paddy all 20 Euros a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I was in my Express earlier and Powers, Jameson and Paddy all 20 Euros a bottle.

Jack Daniels also €20

24 cans of grolsch/carling for €20 tomorrow.
    18 bulmers for €20 also.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hococop wrote: »

Dealz still has the proper 170g white chocolate one for €1.50. Unfortunately the milk chocolate one is the new ****ty 150g version.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

According to their website applies until 1st Feb 2017?

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00004856&icid=Zones_Christmas_Party_Buylist_Textlink_White_rose_wine

Mind you look at the start date
    SAVE 25% ON 6 BOTTLES OF WINE
    valid from 3/2/2015 until 1/2/2017

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

For anyone with the money off vouchers from their last statement, they can be used for phone credit as well, in case you can't find anything to buy before they expire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

fmul9798 wrote: »
    100% agree on all comments
    Tesco wine bargains are few and far between now unfortunately

]It can be very good value, but you need to know your wines and how supermarkets market wines.

Personally I don't rate brands such as santa rita - Aldi / Lidl equivalent normal price wines are vastly superior as they don;t price in false promotions.

One example is Aldi Exquisite Argentinian Malbe @ 8.49 v Santa Rita Malbec @ 11.49 (8.61 after discount)
    The Aldi one is miles ahead.

Beware of brands you only see in one supermarket.

"Winemaker selection"
    "Ogio"
    "Domain Arnaud" (utter muck)

Similarly avoid the cheap bottles of the mega brands such as cono sur, santa rita, wolf blass, frontera & carmen. After 25% of they are just about priced OK, but again you'll get better for same price in aldi lidl. (Aldi standard pinot grigio @6.99 will beat any €10 tesco version)

The value is in the €12-€20 price bracket where you can compare the wines and find independent ratings.

Tesco used to be far better for wine - these days I just find them to be appalling but with a little knowledge (and a smart phone when you are there,) you will find a few decent ones.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with your general point but I really like their Ogio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I don't disagree with your general point but I really like their Ogio.[/QUOTE]

Ogio is a really nice wine. Used to always be advertised as half price at 6 euro. Was great value. Think its about 8 or 9 euro now.:mad:

I do think Aldi/Lidl have better bang for your buck when it comes to wine.

Any tips on really good value wines for the 25% off in tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I don't disagree with your general point but I really like their Ogio.

Ogio is a really nice wine. Used to always be advertised as half price at 6 euro. Was great value. Think its about 8 or 9 euro now.:mad:

I do think Aldi/Lidl have better bang for your buck when it comes to wine.

Any tips on really good value wines for the 25% off in tesco?[/QUOTE]

Ogio is €10.00 per bottle at the moment :rolleyes: so €60.00 * 25% = €45.00 / 6 = €7.50 a bottle, not a great discount considering it usually retails about €8.00

I did a full tour of the wines in Tesco yesterday, armed with Vivino app. 80% of the wines I scanned were at their average price or a little below after the 25% discount.
    A few wines like the Faustino which is on offer anyway is better value after the 25% discount.
    Sangre de Torres is more expensive with the 25% off than last week when it was 6 for €40.
    I highly recommend using the Vivino app to check your wines before buying. The was one particular bottle of Bordeaux supposedly reduced from €20 to €10 but which on the Vivino app was priced at an average of €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pringles €1.50 yesterday in Wilton

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Various multipacks of cadburys bars down to 0.75 probably all they're worth considering how small the bars have gotten! Picked up a flake, wispa and crunchie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

clairek6 wrote: »
    Various multipacks of cadburys bars down to 0.75 probably all they're worth considering how small the bars have gotten! Picked up a flake, wispa and crunchie
    Are they the packs of 3-4 bars or the bags of minis?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

leck wrote: »
    Are they the packs of 3-4 bars or the bags of minis?

3-4 bars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I did a full tour of the wines in Tesco yesterday, armed with Vivino app. 80% of the wines I scanned were at their average price or a little below after the 25% discount.
    A few wines like the Faustino which is on offer anyway is better value after the 25% discount.
    Sangre de Torres is more expensive with the 25% off than last week when it was 6 for €40.
    I highly recommend using the Vivino app to check your wines before buying. The was one particular bottle of Bordeaux supposedly reduced from €20 to €10 but which on the Vivino app was priced at an average of €8.

Got 2 or 3 of my wines wrong. Like suggesting a white for a red or got years wrong.

But thanks for the tip. If the price averages are better than the label recognition then I came out ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

still show as 1.50 online for me, listed as an offer. They list them as teatsize

20g each for flakes.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=292560483

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

3-4 bars
    Thanks. Found them in Claremorris at 75c. Lots of Wispa and Crunchie, shelf cleared of Flake.

They are still 1.50 on the website, so the 75c price might not be available in all stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I see comments a few posts back about White Toblerone being reduced. Today in Tesco Bray I picked up a few Milk Chocolate giant ones for € 2.99. I know it's the new design, but that's great value per gram! Reduced price of the old style one was usually € 4.00 based on 400g of chocolate. Weight has only dropped 10% (360g) with the new design but the price is 25% lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Wemo plugs and bulbs reduced in Tesco Naas.

May be in other stores

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Another set of X off Y vouchers arrived this morning - 16 off 80 for me, every week until the 8th of January.

This is basically a one week gap since the last ones ran out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Proper Yorkies for 20c (Tesco Mahon Point, anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

L1011 wrote: »
    Another set of X off Y vouchers arrived this morning - 16 off 80 for me, every week until the 8th of January.

This is basically a one week gap since the last ones ran out I think.

Got one '10E off when spending >50' and three '12E off when spending >60' in the post myself.

Got one '10E off when spending >50' and three '12E off when spending >60' in the post myself.

Four 10 off 50 for me, on top of the two 6 off 30 from SuperValu last week. Doubt I'll be crossing the threshold of an Aldi or Lidl (much) this Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I was given 4 x €16 off €100 this time round. I'll be hard pressed to get near that spend in my (small) Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Yeah I got more money off vouchers, still no clubcard vouchers though!

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote: »
    Yeah I got more money off vouchers, still no clubcard vouchers though!

If you were due Clubcard vouchers, they should be available to print off in the Clubcard section of the Tesco website.

Advertisement