Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Early reports saying the injury isn't looking too good. More testing to be done on it today.

You'd have to think even if he does make it back this season that it'll badly effect his ability to run, which is obviously one of his big strengths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

tgdaly wrote: »
    Early reports saying the injury isn't looking too good. More testing to be done on it today.

You'd have to think even if he does make it back this season that it'll badly effect his ability to run, which is obviously one of his big strengths

I would think they should be targeting the Browns game instead of the next 2 as the winnable game and we need DJ for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Hard to see him back that quickly but yeah Browns is winnable if we can stop the run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

In fairness yesterday was the first time all year that special teams has been below par.

True that

Better not make a habit of it as our O will struggle with McCoy over the next few games

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    In fairness yesterday was the first time all year that special teams has been below par.

Ok..now it’s 2 weeks in a row

Yeeeeeeeees! Get in. The g men are fun and exciting again after years of suffering

Wow. Dare we dream of a return to the playoffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Is it bad to think that Jones would of found a way to lose that for us?

Is it bad to think that Jones would of found a way to lose that for us?

I have doubts about Jones but you could see he was missed out there. He opens up QB runs for a start where McCoy couldn’t. And I may be wrong but I don’t think we had a throw over 20 yards.

• Advertisement

I have doubts about Jones but you could see he was missed out there. He opens up QB runs for a start where McCoy couldn’t. And I may be wrong but I don’t think we had a throw over 20 yards.

I agree that Jones's throwing would have made a difference. But the interesting thing was that with McCoy, it forced us to stick to trying to run the ball. And in the second half that really worked. The O-Line has improved dramatically in the last 6-7 games. The rotations they employ are mad though. Apart from Thomas and Gates, everyone else seems to come and go per series or attempted plays. Lemieux, Hernandez and even Zeitler look like they interchange regularly. Maybe the competition and rest keeps them at the top of their game.

I'm very impressed with how the run game has come along over the last few games with Gallman, even sprinkling in some good cameos from Morris here and there. If Barkley comes back fit next year we could potentially have a very good 1-2-3 punch there. O-line play has been improved too.

Also we have a top 10 defence at the moment which I wouldn't have expected coming into the season, 10th in total yards, 4th against the run, 10th in scoring.

As for Jones, the jury is still out, but he had been playing turnover free football for 2 games before the injury. If the defence and run game can both come together who's to say he can't keep playing steady

What a brilliant unexpected win

Did not see that one coming

It's huge for that team to beat a team with a winning record

Fingers crossed the football team and the cowboys lose to round out the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Looks like we should all be apologizing to Leonard Williams although Patrick Graham seems like a wizard. Probably the most important aspect of the next offseason will be keeping him as DC.

The offense is still a bit vanilla but I think Garrett is doing a decent job, I thought he did a good job yesterday, we were good at running the ball when we needed to. Impressed with Gallman and the OL seems to be working well by committee.

Not worried about Jones at all. We need a #1 WR. I think we either sign one in FA or go high with a WR in the draft. Shepard and particularly Engram are too inconsistent to be relied upon. Tate will be gone. Once we have the option of Jones/Saquon running and a true #1 WR, then I think we can start making a call on Jones' future.

Thanks for nothing Steelers

Credit where credit is due. The Football team and ourselves can bring some credibility to the division yet.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Credit where credit is due. The Football team and ourselves can bring some credibility to the division yet.

And now both ourselves and WFT are only a game back from a wildcard spot

And now both ourselves and WFT are only a game back from a wildcard spot

Didn't know that. Dare I say it, will the G-men be favoured against the Cards this week? Would never have anticipated that a few weeks ago.

In general my hatred for the Division is as follows:

Eagles

Cowboys

WFT

Hatred for the Eagles outweighs all by multiples. So as long as they are imploding like this, looking at a huge cap hit if Wentz is done, crazy selections in their draft coming home to roost, I am a very happy man.

Surprising thing is that I would have said the above about us a few weeks ago.

I'd be happy enough for Washington to make the playoffs once it wasn't at our expense. For Alex Smith alone it would be great to see after how he's come back from the injury

This is a very interesting breakdown on Tae Crowder's sack:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1336012602179252229

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

boccy23 wrote: »
    Didn't know that. Dare I say it, will the G-men be favoured against the Cards this week? Would never have anticipated that a few weeks ago.

In general my hatred for the Division is as follows:

Eagles

Cowboys

WFT

Hatred for the Eagles outweighs all by multiples. So as long as they are imploding like this, looking at a huge cap hit if Wentz is done, crazy selections in their draft coming home to roost, I am a very happy man.

Surprising thing is that I would have said the above about us a few weeks ago.

Well the dislike of the giants from eagles fans is a two way street although it’s the cowboys instead of the giants at the top for most of us. I can appreciate the history of the giants franchise but that’s about it.

I have to say it would be the cowboys first in the dislike table for me. Too many idiots surrounding them (Skip Baylis for a start, the fact that Stephen smith dislikes them is a welcome bonus!)
    Eagles next but that’s mainly from them beating us ALOT and that Deshaun Jackson return TD.
    Not really pushed about WFT to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,622 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I have to say it would be the cowboys first in the dislike table for me. Too many idiots surrounding them (Skip Baylis for a start, the fact that Stephen smith dislikes them is a welcome bonus!)
    Eagles next but that’s mainly from them beating us ALOT and that Deshaun Jackson return TD.
    Not really pushed about WFT to be honest!

Well that was partly the fault of your punter who shouldn’t have punted it straight to djax and also the dropping of the ball seemed to help. I remember Tom coughlan on the field having words with the punter after the game.

Giants remaining schedule: Arizona Cardinals (6-6), Cleveland Browns (9-3), at Baltimore Ravens (7-5), Dallas Cowboys (3-9).

Football Team remaining schedule: At San Francisco 49ers (5-7), Seattle Seahawks (8-4), Carolina Panthers (4-8), at Philadelphia Eagles (3-8-1).

I feel we have the rougher schedule remaining so it's crucial to beat the Cardinals this weekend

Ok special teams is a problem now

Disappointing performance today

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Disappointing performance today

Never got going at all. Hindsight been 20/20 and all that but it was a mistake to start Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

McCoy probably wouldn't of done much better but sure look.. It is what it is

Football team win so we're a game behind now

Dropped to 10 in the draft if it happened today

• Advertisement

Strange, strange performance. Goes against most of what we have seen this year - well prepared, prepared to play, intensity, football smarts etc.

The offense was anaemic with a statue in Jones. The O-line regressed as there was little effort made to sustain the run. 5 sacks from one player and we never seemed to be able to scheme better for that. And as for Special teams, they were brutal. The fumble, the punt returns, punting into the end zone when were "still" in the game. Awful stuff all round.

Jones should not have been started. I thought JB should have shadowed D Hop all day instead of leaving him on slot corners (without Holmes) or most likely a safety. Martinez was on him at one stage!

WFT win was a killer as well. Their D is legit. The Offense is still poor but as the Ravens showed, one elite element can be enough, especially this late in the year. I think they will go ahead and win enough to stay a game ahead of us at the end.

Advertisement