Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom - Feedback ?

Options
  • 04-08-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

Has anyone been with and can share whetter good or bad feedback pls ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Conn2012 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone been with and can share whetter good or bad feedback pls ?

If you value your internet connection and your sanity...stay well away.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Conn2012

kaizersoze wrote: »

I've seen some mixed reviews here, but they are old.. newest I seen was like 2015.. I'll put u in the no camp then.. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Why????? I have it for the past 18 months and it works perfectly. Had Eir before that and they set my profile at 50/20 and would'nt budge. Pure gave me a 90/20 profile and I'm actually getting 80-85mbps download 99.9% of the time. Not bad at all for FTTC.

Why????? I have it for the past 18 months and it works perfectly. Had Eir before that and they set my profile at 50/20 and would'nt budge. Pure gave me a 90/20 profile and I'm actually getting 80-85mbps download 99.9% of the time. Not bad at all for FTTC.

What part of the country are you in ?

Have you used them yourself recently ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What part of the country are you in ?

The West, specifically Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

They are whitelabeling eir products. Support from my experience was always exceptionally good.

trompele wrote: »
    They are whitelabeling eir products. Support from my experience was always exceptionally good.
    They even seem to be issuing Eir IPs. I've seen two Pure connections with 159.134.x.x IPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

They're grand. Same product you'd get with eir, and their support seem good

They have an offer right now beating other main competitors by 200eur+ annually.. Unlimited BB and calls anytime.. First time buyer, so any savings is much appreciated.. Was just worried about their CS.. They have on website they are Irelands No. 01 ISP.. Not sure how true that is.. But will give them a go.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

They have an offer right now beating other main competitors by 200eur+ annually.. Unlimited BB and calls anytime.. First time buyer, so any savings is much appreciated.. Was just worried about their CS.. They have on website they are Irelands No. 01 ISP.. Not sure how true that is.. But will give them a go.. :D

Their CS isn't much better or worse than other providers, I've seen a few complaints about it all right but in my experience it depends on who you get, same as any provider.

Even the ones who aren't very good seem to genuinely want to help, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Helpful lads on the support desk. But if you have a real problem, they're unable to bottom it out as they rely totally on BT and Eir at the back end.

I have also found they regularly put spurious charges on your bill, while they will subsequently credit of you fight them. However, if you're the type of person who doesn't regularly check their invoice, you'll be direct debited and that's that!

And yes, I am a current customer, suffering through an ongoing fault that was reported in March and still not resolved as I write. In fact, they washed their hands of the problem in June and said that they would do no more, despite the fact that Eir has found no issues from the FTTC cabinet through to and in my house.

They don't follow their own published complaints procedure- I'm still awaiting an acknowledgement of my official complaint letter, together with a reference number (which their website states will be provided within 24 hours) and its now two weeks since I sent in that letter. I have reams of e-mails with the support desk that laid out the whole sorry saga, and it now looking like I'm going to have to go to Comreg to get this resolved.

The bottom line is that Pure offer a good deal in terms of price, but as they're re-selling the service provided by other companies, they are not able to ensure an end to end quality service, being reliant on those companies for cooperation. As an end user/consumer, you will be placed as meat in a sandwich between Pure and these providers who don't appear to have a good working relationship, particularly so in respect of the 'last mile' landline provider in my experience.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Helpful lads on the support desk. But if you have a real problem, they're unable to bottom it out as they rely totally on BT and Eir at the back en

And yes, I am a current customer, suffering through an ongoing fault that was reported in March and still not resolved as I write. In fact, they washed their hands of the problem in June and said that they would do no more, despite the fact that Eir has found no issues from the FTTC cabinet through to and in my house.

Who did you have before? And would you go with if you had your choice tomor? Where ru based?

Who did you have before? And would you go with if you had your choice tomor? Where ru based?

Moved from Vodafone ADSL to Pure VDSL+. Both were basically re-sold Eir services from the local cabinet. Therefore Download/Upload of 7/.360 went up to 92/20. Huge improvement for file download. However, constant problems with packet loss require PPP restarts mostly every day and sometimes 4-5 times before get back to a usable service. If Pure had the power to resolve the issue, I'd stick with them as the folks on the help desk do seem to try. However, they appear powerless when/if the issue needs engineers back in the BT Wholesale or Eir domains to become involved. I'm loath to move back to Eir as I feel that they could have done a lot more to sort this out, but I believe they've just gone through the motions when they come to the house. I mean, who uses a megger and then just checks 3 things on it (attainable speed (112k) as well as the two lines on the megger display- FEC and CRC, both of which showed 0.) before pronouncing everything is OK.

I'm 250-350 metres from the cabinet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'd love to see a Pure Telecom FTTH set of speedtests. So far the majority of FTTH speedtests on boards has been either Eir or Vodafone. I think we may have seen 1 or 2 Digiweb speedtests.

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'd love to see a Pure Telecom FTTH set of speedtests. So far the majority of FTTH speedtests on boards has been either Eir or Vodafone. I think we may have seen 1 or 2 Digiweb speedtests.

My Pure connection is FTTC rather than FTTH. Do Pure offer any FTTH services?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    My Pure connection is FTTC rather than FTTH. Do Pure offer any FTTH services?

yep they resell OpenEir's rural FTTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 allrightya

If i am having a back experience with pure telecom which i am now having, can we get out of the deal? Just signed up in jan and now continually having intermittmet problems, can i change back to Eir or vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Atom Ant

I seem to have a problem with their modem (2nd replacement thus far). It is something that you would find in a lucky bag and only runs on the 2.4GHZ network. Without the additional 5G network everything seems so much slower. If you factor in that you then have to go out and pay 120 for a semi decent router...they are not really that cheap. Internet speeds vary from 12 to 40 mps on downloads. The service is FTTC (cabinet) but that does not explain why Virgin can run fibre into the home(FTTH) at the same property. I regret going with Pure because their hardware is so Mickey Mouse and you are constantly reminded of it with varying download speeds. False economy really!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Been with them a few years now, have never had a problem. Customer service seems very good anytime I've rang them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Atom Ant

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Been with them a few years now, have never had a problem. Customer service seems very good anytime I've rang them

The customer service is fine but that does not mean the service is any good with outdated archaic equipment. Driving analogy....like giving you one lane (2.4GHZ) instead of two (overtaking 5GHZ) then giving you a morris minor to try and get to 100 mph. Add in a second car (laptop) and depending on speed protocols everything then crawls to the speed of the slowest vehicle. Pure telecom know it is crap bare essential equipment but my point being that it is not suitable for the modern household no matter how nice their customer service is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Miceal 26

Like some people before i have switched from Eir to Pure Telecom in April 2019. I can say in the last 4 months it has been horrendous. I am still having a random loss of internet despite having a new router and and engineer come to the house. If you call the support either the line test system is down or the Broadband support is busy. Looking at this stage to end contract as the service is just not good enough. FTTC btw.

Summary - avoid Pure Telecom at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

I've had pure telecom fibre for 2 years.. never been happy with the speed always stuck at 13-14..

Anyway was in the neighbours house today and he's raving about his eir fibre, so I do a speedtest on it... 130mb download!

How the ..... is there such a difference between the houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

With pure about 8 months, service hasn't being too bad. I'm on my 3rd router however, service is good for a while then it drops to dial up levels, they do something on their side (supposedly) doesn't work then I get a new router and it works fine for a while. Think I'll change back to one of the bigger suppliers once contract is up. Customer service is good and seem willing to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

keano25 wrote: »
    I've had pure telecom fibre for 2 years.. never been happy with the speed always stuck at 13-14..

Anyway was in the neighbours house today and he's raving about his eir fibre, so I do a speedtest on it... 130mb download!

How the ..... is there such a difference between the houses?

He has FTTH. You have FTTC (VDSL) or ADSL. They are completely different technologies.

Enter your Eircode here to see if you can get FTTH:

http://www.airwire.ie/avail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭roosh

Anyone had any more recent experiences with Pure? I'm based in Kerry and we have FTTH. Would I be safe enough with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have siro with them. No issues. Billing as it should be, connection is through BT ireland

TheDriver wrote: »
    I have siro with them. No issues. Billing as it should be, connection is through BT ireland

Thanks Driver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

****e

• Advertisement

keano25 wrote: »
    ****e

:D

cheers for that

Advertisement