Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom - Feedback ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sky, Vodafone, Eir all make you take a new contract when you move too. They won't just allow you move and see out the existing contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

To be fair here I'd be absolutely shellshocked if any provider just suspended it like that free of charge. He could cancel and get it reactivated in 6 months time or that. If memory serves me right they cannot reissue that number for 13 months after it was cancelled in case you did want it back but that's not the same as suspending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Since moving to Sky 3 months ago, I've had no issues with speed, connection etc. Billing has been spot on. I've kept using my PURE fritzbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

I initiated a switch from Vodafone Siro to Pure last week. Other then getting the welcome email and contract there’s been nothing since.

Any idea how long the process takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

But my original contract was for 12 months and I now have to take out an 18 month contract because I'm moving house? It's crazy. I only have 4 months left on my contract too but it costs 150 to cancel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ewiz9

Complain to COMREG . consumerline@comreg.ie

They have no right to force you signup a new contract for moving house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I switched from Vodafone in November. The overall experience was fast and efficient with good customer service. On the strength of this I switched my (elderly )parents on to the same deal from VF to PURE. I did try to get a renewal deal from VF but they had nothing that came close to the PURE (€35) deal.

The difference in experience could not have been starker. 1st Huawei router delivered would not power up. 2nd huawei router delivered some 5 days later and powered up but refused to stay powered for more than 2 minutes before resetting. Requested a fritzbox and finally delivered about a week later. Fortunately the VF router still worked but the land line had been off for almost 2 weeks. My folks of of the age where they prefer the land line to mobiles. It took another 2 weeks to get the number ported. I called almost every day and was usually kept in a queue waiting for on average 30 minutes. Overall a miserable experience. I would guess that PURE customer service are a victim of there own success and now can't keep up with demand due to their competitive deal. Caveat emptor YMMV

As a postscript , I had another account with VF that I needed to switch( in Jan) and called them just in case. They matched the €35 for another year !!! That account has very light use not sure if this was the reason or there has been a policy change

• Registered Users Posts: 47 padywhack

Just a quick one, moving from Sky to Pure and have been advised by Pure to contact Sky to cancel. Once I contacted Sky they said once Pure goes live that ceases the Sky connection and there's no need for the 31 days notice.

I'm now out of the 12 month contract with Sky.

Anyone tell me which version is correct?

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

As a general rule unless you are changing the physical line (SIRO/OpenEir/Virgin) into your house you get the new provider to handle the changeover so there's minimum loss of service. (If you weren't out of contact they could charge you or block you leaving until you pay up )

If you were very unlucky cancelling with the old provider might mean the port you used in the cabinet or exchange could be given to a new customer before the new provider could get your order in. If you were extremely unlucky and that customer got the last spare port then there will be tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭theboringfox

I ran into similar nonsense when was leaving vodafone. Sky were adamant I should not cancel my contract and do switcher. Went with Pure. I simple cancelled contract and gave my 30days notice. They confirmed day line would be free and I arranges with Pure to sign up on that day. Found Pure great to deal with. They even swapped the box I was sent out for Fritz one as I had read on here it was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lusciousblue

I just switched from VF Siro to Pure Siro. The Pure sales man told me that giving them the CRN and UAN they would take care of dealing with VF in my regard and I shouldn't worry about anything as I was switching inside the Siro network. I just told him to do the switch after the 9th of March as I still was on a contract with VF.

Today VF disconnected my internet and at noon I received an email from VF confirming that from today my broadband was cancelled. I returned home after work, plugged in the Pure router and it connected to their network straightaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 danspam

I'm not happy with Pure at the moment. Moved house and ordered FTTH from them (on openeir's network, urban/Dublin) considering the generally more positive reviews they have compared to the bigger providers. That was close to 5 weeks ago and still haven't received an installation appointment date to lay the fibre. First the order was stuck within Pure for 2 weeks, then I had to escalate it. Now they're saying openeir isn't responding to them for the last 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

When I mentioned RJ45 and RJ11 to the technical support manager in Pure, he said he didn't know what I was talking about and to stop throwing technical terms at him 🤔

If you've been waiting a while on the Pure Telecom technical helpline, you'll get a message saying if you leave your number you'll get a call back without losing your position in the queue. Don't believe it, they don't ring you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 darcietyndall

Thanks for feedback everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I switched from Telecom Eireann to Pure and speed went up from 12mbit to about 100

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Has anyone noticed a 5c charge on their bill for Children's Medical & Research Foundation Crumlin? Bit random. Nothing I remember agreeing to but also something I don't think anyone would ever bother querying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah I joined them in feb and was never told anything about it either. It’s 60c a year so not going to break the bank but it’s a bit odd they never ask if you want to opt in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Must be how they plan on raising this target. I'm happy to donate to charity but I'd prefer it to be my choice, it's a bit cheeky. Might be a handy way to get out of your contract if you need to for whatever reason, I think they're breaking it by doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭TestLink

I am currently looking for a 1 Gbps Fibre Broadband provider. I prefer either Vodafone or Pure Telecom for pricing reasons. Please see the attached comparison chart.

Can some one who is currently using Gigabit Fibre with Pure Telecom give me a feedback on their Fibre connections reliability, quality of support etc. Or is it better to go with Vodafone or Eir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

As I mentioned earlier in the thread there was a bit of a delay with the port from Vodafone SIRO to Pure, but once that went through I haven’t had any problems with them.

It’s been rock solid since joining last November. It hasn’t gone down once so haven’t had to deal with support but before joining I had to call them a couple of times and they seemed very quick to answer and get things sorted, much better than previous dealing with Eir or Vodafone.

I don’t have the Gbps package, I’m on the 500Mbps but anything wired to the router hits this when tested and the router is pretty good. Much better coverage than the previous Vodafone Gigabox.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭TestLink

Have you ported your telephone to Pure Telecom? I have a landline with VirginMedia and would like to port that to PureT.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

I switched to Pure from Virgin last July and it was painless. There was an option I was told to fast track the installation that I took and the installation of the Fibre cable from pole to house happened 8 days later done by a nice chap who left me with a working 500meg BB and home phone. The only small issue I have had is a infrequent reboot of the router when something stops the connection. Happy with the €35 deal and sorry its ending.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Where did you find the settings for Sky on a Fritzbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Split47

My contract is up with Eir next month, they have overcharged me almost every month of the contract and I had to ring them almost every month to dispute their bills, so I'm leaving them and don't believe a word they say anymore,

anyone recommend who to change to? thinking of going to 3 but it's a 24 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Sky has 500Mb/s for €30.00 pm for new customers at the moment. I've just left them but only because my contract was up.

Thanks I'll check Sky out now.

What were Sky customer service like to deal with? Eir were absolutely useless, you couldn't believe a word they say, promise this that and the other will be done, all sorted now etc then next months bill comes and it's the same sh1te again, so sick of them and them a telecoms company, ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Read the trustpilot reviews on Sky broadband, terrible reviews.

Advertisement