Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom - Feedback ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Eleusis

They are all bad on trust pilot, except maybe digiweb?. But then they are much more expensive

The bottom line is, unless its copper connection you shouldn't need much customer service except for Eir, cause they will fck something up in a promise or contract that requires you to have to call them and take years of your expected lifespan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Split47

Imagine have very good reviews as well but it's not available or oversubscribed in my area, I'm sick of Eir no matter what they promised I wouldn't go back to them, they break the contract they agree with you and there is no comeback on them, absolute shower of wasters.

Not sure who to go with at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I alternate between Sky and another supplier. I've never had a problem with them. I'll go back to them in 12 months without hesitation. There was a three-day outage during the last 12 months (an NBI problem) and they gave me a credit on my next bill. They do require 30 days notice of cancellation but I'm used to it at this stage. When I need to talk to someone in Sky I always get someone with an Irish accent whom I can understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

British company, so reviews probably get lumped together. Same with Vodafone etc. probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭65535

Eir is now a British Company being registered in the Channel Islands -

(incorporated in Jersey, Number 116389, and registered as a branch in Ireland, Number 907674)

Pure are saying that the British Companies including Sky and Vodafone will increase prices in the new year due to Brexit - not sure if this will affect EIR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Have a relative who needs to switch from Virgin 500 + phone as they want €70 from next month. He's leaning towards Pure due to a good experience years ago. There's SIRO available at the address, but after house renovations there's no longer a copper phone line going into the house. Pure want €35 for 500Mbps + phone which is good, but can someone confirm if they supply the phone via the fibre connection (VOIP?) or what is the story? Last time he was with Pure it was pre-SIRO and everything was done over the old phone line he had. I haven't had a home phone for 15 years so I'm clueless as to what ISPs are doing these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pretty sure you plug the phone into the router so the copper line is not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭1641

I switched from Virgin to Digiweb SIRO 1000 recently. €40 p/m for the first year, then €60. Broadband 500 would have been enough for me but the 1GB option includes free landline calls to UK and Ireland mobiles and landlines. That made it a better option for me. The phone just plugs into the back of the router - there is no separate copper phone line. I would be be pretty sure it is the same with Pure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thanks lads. That was my initial belief, but when I spotted "line rental ✅" as one of the bullet points for the SIRO pack on the pure website I was confused as that's usually a thing charged on copper connections. Obviously it's just some marketing silliness in this case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement