Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 Roscomon-Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Murohy needs the majority ( over 2000 more) of Naughtons surplus. Big ask

Too big. Kerrane is in.
    https://twitter.com/RTErosGalway/status/1226856150131499008?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Kerrane. 10545
    Murphy. 9204

ELECTED:
    FITZMAURICE
    NAUGHTON
    KERRANE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

an awful lot of people in Roscommon still dislike the Leyden surname

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

an awful lot of people in Roscommon still dislike the Leyden surname

I don't think so.

I called it wrong as I was surprised the Sinn Fein vote was so strong. It's still not a bad first showing - Its over 20 years since her father was a TD.

I don't think Murphy was going to regain his seat regardless of a second candidate. A thousand votes lost to Sligo/Leitrim, Sinn Fein would have been strong in his are too.

It'll be a fascinating few weeks / months / years

So... how was it for ye?!
    I was full sure it would be business as usual with the 3 amigos re-elected with a FF majority. Never saw this SF surge coming. Probably going to be a FF-SF coalition. Was gona ask what will this mean for the constituency but no1 has a feckin clue whats gona happen at this stage.
    I reckon tho Fitz will hook up with the other Inds and then maybe talk with FF. After the whole "Up the Ra" thing Id say many would be hesitant to be linked to SF, until it blows over atleast.

• Advertisement

Kerrane will probably just make up voting numbers in Dublin, Fitzmaurice will just go back to looking after "individual cases" in the constituency and Naughton will probably concentrate on public infrastructure projects. Doubt either Indy will feature on a national level.

Good coverage in the local papers this week, the Roscommon People has all they tallys for each area.

Fitzmaurice will be interesting on what he does coalition wise, hes hailed as a hero (around these parts anyway) but more than likely wont amount to much

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Good coverage in the local papers this week, the Roscommon People has all they tallys for each area.

Fitzmaurice will be interesting on what he does coalition wise, hes hailed as a hero (around these parts anyway) but more than likely wont amount to much

Can't see him, or many other rural independants for that matter going in with the greens but they seem to be the most likely 3rd leg of any stool being formed at the minute. I'd say more of the same until the next election

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I dont think Fitzmaurice has or ever had any aspirations to be in government.He is purely an opposition TD ,who is more interested in local needs than policy etc.This is a big problem with Irish politics and not a dig at him,a lot of TDs are more like county councillor's.

I think Naughton would be more pragmatic and would be open to playing some part in a government,if it meant he had some influence.

Not sure anyone would approach Naughton, since he's ex Fine Gael stock and had a ministry under the last administration.

• Advertisement
Advertisement