Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 Roscomon-Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Out of interest, how many canvassers called to people in rural areas, the only one the called to me was the person that least of all needed my vote was Fitzmaurice.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

mgn wrote: »
    The Greens and PBP wont get her over the line,

no but will keep her in the running against the combined ff vote assuming they managed to transfer to each other. like i said fitzs surplus is the first thing that matters.

last seats dont usually get over the line anyway just tend to be far enough ahead when everyone else is eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,865 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Dolan flipped to FG from Indo as soon as she got her council seat. She got no votes or transfers in this household because of that this time around and I'm sure that will be replicated in other places and homes.

Hey I hate Fine Gael top brass as well. But Dolan joining them doesn't erase the good work she's done before she joined them.
    It's all moot point anyway as she's not getting in but it's still an impressive performance from a first timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Out of interest, how many canvassers called to people in rural areas, the only one the called to me was the person that least of all needed my vote was Fitzmaurice.

The Aontu lad called in person last Sunday.
    Plus a Fitzmaurice canvasser the other night.
    Then I had leaflets put through the door by SF, FF, FG.

flazio wrote: »
    Hey I hate Fine Gael top brass as well. But Dolan joining them doesn't erase the good work she's done before she joined them.
    It's all moot point anyway as she's not getting in but it's still an impressive performance from a first timer.

Each to their own but my point being that going to FG was always going to pis$ someone off.

Similar to Kelly going to the LP last time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Fitz could well side with SF, all things have changed now if ye pardon my dramatics, they are "less toxic" as in people siding with them. Kerranes seat changes things for this area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Fitz could well side with SF, all things have changed now if ye pardon my dramatics, they are "less toxic" as in people siding with them. Kerranes seat changes things for this area

Kerrane not over the line yet, as for Fitzmaurice he won't go into government with no one, if he did he wouldn't top the poll the next time, he is to cute for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Stewball

Kerrane not over the line yet, as for Fitzmaurice he won't go into government with no one, if he did he wouldn't top the poll the next time, he is to cute for that.

Exactly. That's why some of these Independents are useless on a national level.

Shannonside FM predicting Kerrane to get third seat in Roscommon Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stewball wrote: »
    Exactly. That's why some of these Independents are useless on a national level.

But great on a local level. He's done a lot of great stuff in the area around my in-laws in north Roscommon. He'll get their vote for life on the strength of that

He's confirmed in on rte ::
    Michael Fitzmaurice, Independent, has been elected on the first count in Roscommon-Galway with 13,077 votes.

https://www.rte.ie/news/election-2020-constituencies/2020/0203/1112816-national-updates/

• Advertisement

Fitz elected just there. Yea he does alot of things for alot of people locally but doesnt give me much confidence as a nationaly focused politician

Round 2!
    EQXJ2SfWkAAuyUS.jpg

Sinn Fein to take the 3rd seat it seems

Naughton 9057
    Kerrane 8322
    Dolan 5675
    Murphy 5201
    Leyden 3124
    O'Donaghue 1445

PBP +the other fellas now eliminated

Murphy conceding defeat according to sum1 on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Poor decision by FF to run Leyden and split the FF vote. Eugene worked hard.

SF have been preparing this election locally for a long time. It’s paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Addle wrote: »

If Kerrane hasnt reach quota by the time of moving Leydens votes, you have to fancy he'll catch or almost catch her. Could still be close

Eugene Murphy FF has already made 20 phone calls, according to himself, in bid to get Seanad seat.
    Has conceded third seat will likely go to SF according to Shannonside FM.

Addle wrote: »

I like Eugene myself, but apparently SF couldn't believe their luck with Leyden thrown into the mix. Opened up everything for SF to sweep through the middle with the FF split.

Count 3:
    Naughton 9419
    Kerrane 8690
    Dolan 5710
    Murphy 5381
    Leyden 3197
    O'Donaghue 1610

Leyden and the green candidate eliminated, even if Murphy got every vote from Leyden he wouldn't catch Kerrane.

Quota is 11404
    Will be interesting where the transfers go

• Advertisement

My guess would be that Murphy overtakes Dolan and she gets eliminated . But Naughton either just misses or just scrapes the quota and gets elected with Kerrane not far behind.

COUNT 4
    Naughton 10866
    Kerrane 9402
    Murphy 7242
    Dolan 6162

Dolan eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

RTE saying its a no for SF in roscommon?

Will the transfers from Dolan take Murphy beyond Kerrane?

Blanco100 wrote: »
    RTE saying its a no for SF in roscommon?

Will the transfers from Dolan take Murphy beyond Kerrane?

murphy has said he wont win and is in the count centre. I'd say he knows more tham the talking heads on rte at 1 in the morning

murphy has said he wont win and is in the count centre. I'd say he knows more tham the talking heads on rte at 1 in the morning

Kerrane looking dejected enough saying its going down to the wire and that every vote is going to count.

Wonder will she get many FG transfer? not beyond relm of possibility that murphy makes up the difference

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Kerrane looking dejected enough saying its going down to the wire and that every vote is going to count.

Wonder will she get many FG transfer? not beyond relm of possibility that murphy makes up the difference

shes just over 2000 votes ahead. i would think Naughton is the natural home for any Sort of Fine Gael transfers. might be close bu i think she safe.

And if not it seems matt carthy wants to give her his european seat going on his interview earlier on Rte

The powers gone out in the Hyde Centre apparently!!:cool:

COUNT 5
    Naughton 14683
    Kerrane 10082
    Murphy 8058

Count suspended untill tomorrow morning

Naughtons surplus of 3279

Seems like having a running mate may have potentially saved Murphy again.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Seems like having a running mate may have potentially saved Murphy again.

Murohy needs the majority ( over 2000 more) of Naughtons surplus. Big ask

Advertisement