Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Does anyone know if the fish shop, O'Dowds, behind Heatons is still trading? I went by there a few times this week and there was a closed sign on their door, and the display cases were empty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ongarboy wrote: »
    Tbh, I'd vote with my feet and choose another dealership where they treat your custom more seriously!!

PS, congrats on the baby news!!

Thanks! Big changes ahead of us! :rolleyes:

We are going looking around at different dealerships before we decide on what we are going to get. Does anyone know anything about Kia's? Reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

We are going looking around at different dealerships before we decide on what we are going to get. Does anyone know anything about Kia's? Reliable?

Oooh, congrats, I missed that news :)
    Puts a smile on an old man's face on a Thursday eve

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Oooh, congrats, I missed that news :)
    Puts a smile on an old man's face on a Thursday eve

Thanks :) almost half way there now, which is very scary! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Congrats Ciarrai, great news!
    I wouldnt be afraid of a Kia tbh, great warranty with the new ones too.

• Advertisement

Congrats Ciarrai, great news!
    I wouldnt be afraid of a Kia tbh, great warranty with the new ones too.

Thanks!

We might have a look at them in McElligotts and see what they are offering! I heard they do a great warranty too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Nothing at all wrong with Kia, good solid reliable motor.
    Keep away from the German stuff. VW and Audis and not what they are commonly made out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Troberto

Brother very happy with his Kia Sportage but me and my partner have driven Audi A4's and VW Golf for years and think they just keep getting better !!
    Fantastic solid build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Anyone with Kerry broadband and manage to set their Xbox one to moderate or open Nat. Tried all portforwarding tutorials available and also invested in a decent router a linksys ea6300 and always have strict Nat ..

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Zefff

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a bank in Tralee where I can set up a simple business account? I realize they're all pretty much the same, but maybe there is one I should avoid, or perhaps one comes highly recommended. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Zefff wrote: »
    Hi guys, can anyone recommend a bank in Tralee where I can set up a simple business account? I realize they're all pretty much the same, but maybe there is one I should avoid, or perhaps one comes highly recommended. Cheers.

AIB have free banking for business accounts for the first 2 years. I don't know about the other banks, but that's who we are with. Best to check around the banks and see what the others are offering.

AIB have free banking for business accounts for the first 2 years. I don't know about the other banks, but that's who we are with. Best to check around the banks and see what the others are offering.

Excellent! That's what I like to hear. I will definitely check them all, but it seems that AIB has an early lead. Thanks.

Excellent! That's what I like to hear. I will definitely check them all, but it seems that AIB has an early lead. Thanks.

Also post on the Banking forum for some more advice
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Bank of Ireland has the advantage of parking facilities

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Bank of Ireland has the advantage of parking facilities

And Ulster Bank has the advantage of being open till half four every weekday evening and on Saturdays until 1pm.

In any case, it shouldn't take too long to check them all out considering we only have the four miserable options to choose from.

I forgot to add that there is a lodgement facility in AIB that is open until 9pm 7 days a week! Its very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I forgot to add that there is a lodgement facility in AIB that is open until 9pm 7 days a week! Its very handy!
    And open early in the morning too. Very handy for parking when nobody is about.

Another question since you're all so helpful! Is Enterprise the only car rental place in Tralee? We need a company that provides infant seats. Enterprise does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

We have to trade in our commercial car for a normal car as I'm expecting, so we went up to have a look around a couple at lunch time and I was shocked that all the sales guys had taken their lunch break at the same time! Only one guy was available, but he didn't seem to know prices, mileage & has to get someone to ring us. Why would they all take their break at the same time? There is such a thing as a staggered lunch break! I was pretty taken aback, considering how busy they claim to be lately! :rolleyes:

We have time to keep looking as we are only pricing up cars at the moment! I'll know next time not to go at lunch time, or Saturday's or Sundays!

Nothing has really changed..... I walked into a car showroom, there was one guy there reading a paper with his legs up on the desk, after a few minutes he just cast a quick look and said that he would be with me when he had finished reading the paper, I said OK, no problem. That was in 1972, I presume he has finished reading it by now.

Kerry General Hospital is being renamed 'University Hospital Kerry'. I hadn't even heard about this happening!
    http://traleetoday.ie/new-sign-shows-kgh-renamed-university-hospital-kerry/

• Advertisement

Kerry General Hospital is being renamed 'University Hospital Kerry'. I hadn't even heard about this happening!
    http://traleetoday.ie/new-sign-shows-kgh-renamed-university-hospital-kerry/

I had heard that alright, went a bit quiet for a while. Don't think it will make a jot of difference to waiting times in A&E or trolley numbers either

I had heard that alright, went a bit quiet for a while. Don't think it will make a jot of difference to waiting times in A&E or trolley numbers either

Nope, don't think it will!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

There used never be much of a wait in St Catherines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

There was carnage on the bypass this morning. It was grand around the technology park roundabout but it went white as you approached the Ballygarry roundabout. I watched a car pirouetting behind me in my mirror.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    There was carnage on the bypass this morning. It was grand around the technology park roundabout but it went white as you approached the Ballygarry roundabout. I watched a car pirouetting behind me in my mirror.

My worst nightmare! I skidded on ice a few years ago and hit a ditch. I am petrified of driving in icy weather now. Why wasn't it gritted??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

My worst nightmare! I skidded on ice a few years ago and hit a ditch. I am petrified of driving in icy weather now. Why wasn't it gritted??

I don't think it was frozen, there must have been a crazy hail shower a few minutes before.

xxyyzz wrote: »

It may have been my workmate, ended up pointing back from whence she came?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Does anyone know where I could pick up a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in town? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

If the weather is wet it's a waste of time and money putting grit on the roads. The first shower of rain and all the salt is washed away again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I read a few mega threads here on boards.ie . Does any know how to configure boards such that the latest page displays first? Is there a better place to post this question?

For instance when you click on the Killarney thread you land on the first page written in 2008 and a post with a severe case of " Tralee envy".

Advertisement