Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd wait until they get desperate and start selling them at half price just to move them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

bobcar61 wrote: »
    There are a few places where you can buy kitchens.

Did you try Cash and Carry Kitchens in Cleveragh,Homebase do them,and Winterwoods which is on the lane besdie Shoot the Crows and just up from Pepper Alley.
    I'm sure there are other places you can buy a kitchen but I don't know them,I havn't had to come to the expense of buying one yet.

Homebase?......mmmmm Aren't homebase very expensive for...umm.... pretty much everything?

Just wondering where the cheapest would be though. I'd fit and do the work myself, so its just the units and doors that I'd need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There's Thomas Keane kitchens in Coolaney as well. From what I remember he does doors on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Oh and there is also a place in Enniscrone which looks really nice.

Cant remember the name of it now but for a while it was advertised every week in one of the papers.I'm sure it cant be to hard to find it though,Enniscrone is hardly a metropolis that you can get lost in.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

sueme back with a bang... oh, for fecks sake!

WARNING: Contains sarcasm of The Cuckoo's Nest standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

basquille wrote: »
    sueme back with a bang... oh, for fecks sake!

WARNING: Contains sarcasm of The Cuckoo's Nest standard.

I shall not rise to the troll.
    I shall not rise to the troll.

I seem to be learning! Hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Welcome back Sueme! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hi sueme, welcome back

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Indeed,welcome back Sueme.

Oh I think I know of you Brianb8802.Are you in the IT in Sligo and play a little bit of squash.
    I have a feeling it was you who came down on the night of the ladder with 2 or 3 other people of your standard.

My stalker skills have just improved:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi guys

Not meaning to troll here, but I read through the KAYA thread and what happened exactly? Went from a nice welcoming to the thread getting closed. Was that necessary? I don't think they will be in a hurry to come back. I know the altercation with takola went deep and an apology was accepted. I was one (and many others) who welcomed KAYA at the start and find it unbelievable how far it deteriorated. Not digging it up again but feel the entire situation could have been difused before it got out of hand.

Anyway, how is everybody keeping? Zavvi are doing great deals right now. I am like a resident up there at the top where the Rock and Metal section is. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I have to agree with DenMan on the KAYA thread. I also read it and got the vibe that maybe the forum is going a bit clicky and that new posters may not feel too welcome. I didn't even see anything KAYA should even have had to apoligise for to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I agree with DenMan and guinessdrinker here.
    I haven't came in here in a while or I just come here every so often so I just read the KAYA thread now. She brought up some good points. Don't see why it was locked and yeah guinessdrinker, this place has always been a bit clicky in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I think the whole reason behind it was something to do with a post KAYA made in sume's thread in After Hours.
    But I didn't read that post so I dunno.

Also, I think I seen Bobcar61 in homebase on Sunday!

I think the whole reason behind it was something to do with a post KAYA made in sume's thread in After Hours.

I don't see why people get so offended over something some person they don't know says on an internet forum. It's hilarious.

How do you think you saw him?
    Have you seen pictures before or something?
    I wouldn't know anyone here to see!

I hope we aren't clicky.
    I spotted bobcar from posts he made before about his age and his name.
    I'm glad it was him, it could have gone so wrong as it did with Xiney (who wasn't Xiney) and I still feel like a fool:o

No, Hail, it was to do with an earlier post of KAYAs that I thought was a little offensive to all the regular users here. KAYA and I had a bit of a barney and sorted it, it is neither me, nor her/him bringing it up again.

I would hate to think anyone didn't feel welcome to this forum, as Denman says, KAYA was welcomed not just by him, but by me and many others a year ago.

@ Takola re-reging will not bring down the heavens, its an internet forum not the UN. I suggested it to KAYA simply as a way to come back here afresh without any agro following her/him. I do, however, realise its not "approved" of on Boards.ie.

Anyway this post shouldn't be in this (much begged for by me) thread, but anything else I post here tends to be locked so here will have to do.

I don't see why people get so offended over something some person they don't know says on an internet forum. It's hilarious.

How do you think you saw him?
    Have you seen pictures before or something?
    I wouldn't know anyone here to see!

I think it was him because I seen his picture in his Bebo page.
    Think I may have met you in the Clarence before also.

sueme wrote: »
    Anyway this post shouldn't be in this (much begged for by me) thread, but anything else I post here tends to be locked so here will have to do.

Thats because your posts are so full of crazy that you can't help but post off topic :P

I think it was him because I seen his picture in his Bebo page.
    Think I may have met you in the Clarence before also.

Ohh nooooo:eek:
    How long ago was this?
    We didn't talk did we?
    Nooooooo I am always too drunk in there.

Thats because your posts are so full of crazy that you can't help but post off topic :P

Watch it mullet boy.

Nicola I remember thinking I had met you when you were looking for the tattoo place on Market St? But you said no, it wasn't you, leaving me looking crazy again... getting boring now tbh. :o

• Advertisement

Watch it mullet boy.

Nicola I remember thinking I had met you when you were looking for the tattoo place on Market St? But you said no, it wasn't you, leaving me looking crazy again... getting boring now tbh. :o

Ohh yeah
    I remember that
    I was looking to get my septum pierced.

The only one I may have possibly seen before is magnumlady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I don't understand how people can be "clicky" on an internet discussion website? I believe that everyone here welcomes new people all the time. Yes the same people regularly post but that doesn't make it a clique.... IMO.

By the way, I spotted bobcar after seeing his bebo pic in his sig.

Ohh yeah
    I remember that

Good job you never met me tbh, I would have tried to adopt you or something.

Septum? oh lord don't DO IT!!

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can be "clicky" on an internet discussion website? I believe that everyone here welcomes new people all the time. Yes the same people regularly post but that doesn't make it a clique.... IMO.

By the way, I spotted bobcar after seeing his bebo pic in his sig.

I'm dying to meet you Mz T, our clique would be er... clicky!

Ohh yeah
    I remember that

The only one I may have possibly seen before is magnumlady

what!! Where?? Oh no what was I doing??:eek:

Good job you never met me tbh, I would have tried to adopt you or something.

Septum? oh lord don't DO IT!!

Ha I already did. Twice
    Last November.

I'm heading into town now. Anyone about?

Ohh nooooo:eek:
    How long ago was this?
    We didn't talk did we?
    Nooooooo I am always too drunk in there.

I think it was the night Mundy played in the Clarence, we talked but it was kind of a "howerya", "Hey." type thing.

Then I got really really drunk.

magnumlady wrote: »
    what!! Where?? Oh no what was I doing??:eek:

Haha
    It was before christmas.
    I had just finished work, waiting outside Johnstons Court and you(possibly) were going in. There was eye contact but wether it was you or not I'm not completely sure!!!!

• Advertisement

Oh dear, did I have kids with me??

Advertisement