Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW32 Matchday Thread - Time to Earn Your Spurs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Pogue eile wrote: »
    14 goals and 9 assists and the third highest scorer in the game, you're a tough taskmaster!!

In my head I said that is a case of statistics proving anything.

I thought I was imagining it, so I looked it up.

His last double digits were gw26, gw23.

Scored a 5 gw27 and 7 gw31. Nothing else of note.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Newbie20 wrote: »
    It’s so disappointing that Kane probably won’t play against Southampton now. I triple captained him but I suppose I would have taken 2 goals in this GW beforehand and I’ll have gained 12 points on my two rivals.

Over 300k TC'd Harry Kane according to FFS. So you are in good company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Harry already has more points than the Burnley Fulham double when I TCed him. I’d still pick those two fixtures I think. Close call though.

Edit: if the fixtures were all played again obviously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

Yeah his form since Christmas isn't great, whereas Kane has hit a good streak so I think Kane was the correct choice this week. I just took a punt on Son for the fun of it really. If he can score against Southampton there won't be much damage done anyway (assuming Kane can't play that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But he's not a striker, nor is he on penalties. GW28-30 he hardly played, so to say he's done nothing of note is quite harsh.

• Advertisement

JPup wrote: »
    Yeah his form since Christmas isn't great, whereas Kane has hit a good streak so I think Kane was the correct choice this week. I just took a punt on Son for the fun of it really. If he can score against Southampton there won't be much damage done anyway (assuming Kane can't play that is).

If Kane does not play -

I wonder will Jose play Alli and put Son as Striker or will he play that young lad Vincius?

I can't remember now if Son playing a striker made him a better or worse option fpl wise.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But he's not a striker, nor is he on penalties. GW28-30 he hardly played, so to say he's done nothing of note is quite harsh.

I only go on points brought in. There is no room for sympathy in my team! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Have you used the TC? I did a C Kane and will take the two goals. I assume most people had him captained anyway?

He only got goals because of class finishes nothing to do with Spurs play. So I actually feel a bit lucky with the two. (if that is all it will be)

Ya, I tced him. 2 is a decent return like but when he's got 2 and the worse team to play, you'd be hoping for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If there are only a few points, and if his main aim is to beat you - he could just keep it to the last GW and try to TC or your captain choice to nullify that.

yeah him using his TC on the final day worries me. I was 110 points behind him at Xmas and had all but given up but managed to haul it all back in with a good wild card which led to a few 80+ point hauls. But since I caught him on points the two of us have been swapping the lead for nearly 6 weeks now with never more than 8 points between us at the end of each GW. Both of us had Dallas 17 points buried third on the bench last week and both of us were cracking up about it.

7 of our starters are identical now so its really hard to gain an advantage at this point. I bought Lingard early in his hot streak but then he bought him a week after I had got him in. The only big differential between us now is me owning Salah and him Bruno.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Feel like Kane won’t play the 2nd game now.

Hard to know what that means for Son. Does he play him because Kane can’t play or does he rest him with the worry that he’ll already possibly be without Kane against City and not wanting to risk being without both in what is surely the biggest game of their season now with top 4 realistically gone now having played the game extra and still being 5 points behind 4th with 2 others in between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    Feel like Kane won’t play the 2nd game now.

Hard to know what that means for Son. Does he play him because Kane can’t play or does he rest him with the worry that he’ll already possibly be without Kane against City and not wanting to risk being without both in what is surely the biggest game of their season now with top 4 realistically gone now having played the game extra and still being 5 points behind 4th with 2 others in between.

Play Son up front with Bale out wide to ****

siblers wrote: »
    Play Son up front with Bale out wide to ****

I’d be surprised if Vinicius doesn’t play up top. Doesn’t mean Son won’t play though. The odds are likely in favour that he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How did Son play tonight anyway, did he create much or have any shots inside the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Even with Kane C and Son sees me with a red arrow, cant imagine many siggy owners so must be good few TC

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How did Son play tonight anyway, did he create much or have any shots inside the box?

Pickford saved from him one on one at the near post. He nearly got an assist too as Alderweireld's header hit the post from his corner.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Are there any more double game weeks?

I somehow missed that Spurs had a double this week.

I have bench boost, triple captain and 2nd wild card left to use..

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Somehow my 4 or 5 main rivals still haven’t got Lingard in. I’ve been really enjoying the gains I’m making as a result. It seems a lot of people reckon it can’t last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Really regretting getting Son in for Bruno this week now, got blinded by the DGW, headache of a -4 to get him back in again for next week.
    Son may yet get returns but would need to be a few more than Bruno to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That's not a heavy limp. I'd say hes grand and hes only pretending for the cameras. 5 days to get it right sure!

Hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Xander10

Rikand wrote: »
    That's not a heavy limp. I'd say hes grand and hes only pretending for the cameras. 5 days to get it right sure!

Hopefully :)

i'd say he is very likely to play. maybe the results of teams above them this week will influence things in terms of outside chance of top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No Cresswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Forgot all about the game last night, no transfers made and no chips used.
    Normally, I'd be gutted for such a rookie mistake, but this season I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Newcastle — Dubravka; Murphy, Fernández, Clark, Dummett, Ritchie; Almirón, Shelvey(C), Longstaff; Joelinton, Saint-Maximin.

West Ham — Fabianski; Diop, Dawson, Ogbonna; Coufal, Noble(C), Soucek, Johnson; Fornals; Bowen, Lingard.

Xander10 wrote: »
    i'd say he is very likely to play. maybe the results of teams above them this week will influence things in terms of outside chance of top 4.

Last thing Kane will want is to make the problem worse and miss the Euro's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

We’re all just guessing right now but it looked bad enough. I’d say it will hurt more today than last night. If there’s any swelling then he’s definitely out for Wednesday. I’d say he’ll be lucky to make the final, but who knows.

Xander10 wrote: »

This feels like wishful thinking

Dawson yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dawson yellow

Brilliant start to my Bench Boost lol

• Advertisement

ASM looking very lively in this game, another shot there saved by Fab

Advertisement