Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C/Red Alert Remastered

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

noodler wrote: »
    Thanks. Needs the following.

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 or ATI Radeon HD 5570

The laptop has a "intel UHD Graphics 620".

Can that run games?

Honestly I'm not sure, my hardware knowledge is limited. Those integrated cards aren't known for being powerhouses, so it might be touch and go.

A vague yardstick might be to give OpenRA a whirl, see how that plays. It's a fanmade rebuild of class C&C games, albeit without 4K graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

HD620 is much better than either so should be OK.

Play a ton of OpenRA, really want to get this but it will be so weird going back to the original game with different units/gameplay/features than I'm used to now.

Looking forward to it though all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,247 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Homelander wrote: »
    HD620 is much better than either so should be OK.

Play a ton of OpenRA, really want to get this but it will be so weird going back to the original game with different units/gameplay/features than I'm used to now.

Looking forward to it though all the same.

Thanks.

There seem to be a number of quality of life improvements (multiple units queued, new build bar etc)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This is dropping tomorrow BTW - I think you can already preload on Steam - if anyone's wondering what to do with their weekend :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have it preloaded alright, have nothing else on this weekend :D

• Advertisement

Preloaded yesterday.

Played RA2 recently so still fresh but haven't played these originals in an age.

Can't wait to do the campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Forgot it was June already. Excellent.

Bought this a couple of months back. Just went in and started the preload.

I have played very little of the original, I moved on as soon as the sequals came out and stuck with them. RA2 is as far back as I go now , but i play them a fair bit. I must have bought them all about 5 times at this stage between the originals as they came out, then replaced a couple when they went missing then Ive bought the ultimate collection a couple of time either on discs (iirc) and then on origin.

I just copped you have to pay 2 euros more for the skirmish :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Forgot this was coming out tomorrow, you are getting a serious amount of content for €20.

I'm curious to know what they will do with the multiplayer. The originals were ridiculously imbalanced. The strategy in RA1 was to pump out medium tanks and nothing else. No other strategy could beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Listen to the man, surely he has no ulterior motives......

Joe Kucan inability to age does have me wondering if he really IS Kane :D

Anyone able to play it yet. In my library it still says "coming 5th june"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I might have to get a new laptop as this won’t download to my small Lenovo!!

I bought it a few weeks ago but Is it literally just the first C_&C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Anyone able to play it yet. In my library it still says "coming 5th june"

It's today at 6pm I think.
    I might have to get a new laptop as this won’t download to my small Lenovo!!

I bought it a few weeks ago but Is it literally just the first C_&C

Yeah it's 20GB+ which is bizarrely large for this. First game and Red Alert. Probably a huge part of it is just video files.

Homelander wrote: »
    It's today at 6pm I think.

Ah, right. ****ing boooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

No reviews of this anywhere yet? Tempted to pick it up but I was more an RA2 fan so not sure if its worth it.

Yeah, the C&C games made use of FMV and CGI cut-scenes, I imagine a good portion of that 20 gig is made up of those upscaled videos, as well as the high-def audio & 4K assets. Surprisingly large, but not at the same time. Preloading myself ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pfft! Dune 2 or nothing!

Skerries wrote: »
    pfft! Dune 2 or nothing!

A remaster or Emperor: Battle for Dune would be amazing. A very forgotten Westwood title, which would benefit from its rough edges smoothed over... Don't even think you can buy it anymore either...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They did remake it in the Tiberian sun engine

Dune 2000

I just copped you have to pay 2 euros more for the skirmish :/

Actually not sure about this yet

Wonder what this means for OpenRA: it's kind of its own beast at this stage, and AFAIK polished and patched far beyond the original game's balance. But if the remaster is a success, or popular, it could find itself leaking interest. Especially as the remaster (apparently) supports mod-making, so balance mods and patches might / should be possible...

Actually not sure about this yet

Where'd you get it from? Hadn't seen it.

The campaign is included so as long as the online is free and working I'll be happy.

I didn't graduate to PC for C&C games until Tiberian Sun so no multiplayer experience of original or RA due to having on a PS1.

I searched it again. Think it's false.
    Looking forward to online skirmish with pals as much as the campaigns again.

I searched it again. Think it's false.
    Looking forward to online skirmish with pals as much as the campaigns again.

Double teaming the AI?

Is that not just shooting fish Inna barrel?

Yea I'm not very good with keyboard shortcuts so be plenty of challenge for me

Really on the fence with this one. So many remasters were rubbish. They deliver what they promise but slightly better resolution graphics just isn't enough.

Really on the fence with this one. So many remasters were rubbish. They deliver what they promise but slightly better resolution graphics just isn't enough.

It's 20 Euros

Not exactly robbing you!

• Advertisement

Thought there would be a review or two but I can't imagine they've made a balls of it enough for me not to be interested

Advertisement