Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The God dont matter referendum

Options
  • 21-05-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

So how are you going to vote in the same sex "marriage" referendum?
    Because thats basically what the referendum is,
    God is against same sex marriage and if you vote yes you are basically saying God is of no consequence.

And if God is of no consequence then why should normal people ever bother getting baptised? or make communion or confirmation? or get married or have last rights.

Lets not forget all the good the cathlic church has done for this country while gays have done nothing but embarrass us.

Dont be fooled into thinking that a vote for sodomy is a civilised decision because it isnt.
    If the yes side wins tomorrow and it probably will thanks to help from the media and GLEN then it will be a sin against mankind and a sin against everything our forefathers believed in.
    Dont spit on the people who came before us and dont spit on God.

Make the right decision,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

God is dog backwards, just think about it preachy

Also, can you provide a link to the actual proof that this God guy exists and has a problem with this.

Thaaaanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

If you think tomorrow's bad wait for the multiple marriages referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

macker33 wrote: »
    God is against same sex marriage and if you vote yes you are basically saying God is of no consequence.

And if God is of no consequence then why should normal people ever bother getting baptised? or make communion or confirmation? or get married or have last rights.

Lets not forget all the good the cathlic church has done for this country while gays have done nothing but embarrass us.

Dont be fooled into thinking that a vote for sodomy is a civilised decision because it isnt.
    If the yes side wins tomorrow and it probably will thanks to help from the media and GLEN then it will be a sin against mankind and a sin against everything our forefathers believed in.

Make the right decision,

**** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

God doesn't play dice.

Bob Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

*yawn*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Jesus, who never married & spent all day hanging out with his all male pals sez....

Vote 'Yes!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Which forefathers exactly? Pearse was a great man and was fond of the flute.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

fiachr_a wrote: »
    If you think tomorrow's bad wait for the multiple marriages referendum.

if yes goes through then why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Make the right decision,

The holys don't have the monopoly on marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Jesus had two da's and he was grand....since when did God every say he was against same sex marriage? Was he on the tv? Thinking you might be mixing up the church (which is the people) with God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

You seem nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

AH doesn't like the church man. Posting that here. May god have mercy on your soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

1 out of 10...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Thread Locked in 3...2....1....

Make the right decision,

You would imagine, since you believe your God made us all in his image and apparently loves us all equally, that his followers here on dry land would be able to find it in themselves to at least try to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

THERE IS NO GOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I am voting no for my own reasons. The amount of abuse I have taken for telling people, some I regarded as friends has been shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

We don't need a referendum to say that God doesn't matter, sure he's been noticeably absent for the last ~2000 years it seems, so clearly he's not bothered himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

I'm voting no, and my reasons have nothing whatever to do with God or religion, so yes, God don't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 28,051 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just assuming for a minute that the OP is making a genuine point, rather than just winding everyone, OP could you give us your basis for claiming that god is against same sex marriage?

And while you are doing that, can you tell us what this referendum has to do with religion anyway? Its a civil marriage that is being discussed, nothing to do with god or religion.

As for sodomy, (or as a very religious lady said to me, it will make buggery legal! It is already legal!) what has it to do with you, what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes?

And you ask a very good question about why people should be baptised, or have first communion or whatever, yes, why should they? If you want to follow this route, fair enough, your business, but don't try and inflict your views on everyone. This referendum is absolutely nothing to do with god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

if you vote yes you are basically saying God is of no consequence.

That's the main reason I'm voting yes anyway. Insightful analysis. Now you'll have to excuse me, I'm off to sacrifice a bull to Zeus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Seeing as this referendum is about civil (non-religious) marriage, then the religious zealots should stfu and let people vote regardless of what the Catholic Church thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

What would Jesus do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Late entry for dumbest Marriage Equality Referendum thread - pretty lame attempt, trying to subvert real thoughts on real peoples lives with the old "God's not happy about this" argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Your argument is fundamentally flawed, the reason being your assuming the church and state definition of marriage are one in the same. They're not. The key differentiation being divorce.

I'd like to think of myself as a relatively devout catholic and while I'm not 100% sure on how I'll vote yet I don't think I'm turning my back on God if I choose to vote yes. By voting no purely for the"good doesn't like it" reason I'm forcing my beliefs on others which I don't see as Christian.

Anyway AH response - troll much op?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

What would Jesus do?

He absolutely would vote 'Yes' as per his teachings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

What would Jesus do?
    He'd allow gay marriage and then create a miracle where two people of the same sex can have a baby together. That would be real equality!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Trojan Donkey

I'm voting NO. Because voting Yes won't get equality for everyone. Everyone has the right to marry a person of the opposite sex. A man has the right to marry a woman and vice verse. Giving people the right to marry the same sex is like someone winning €1 million in the lottery and then turning around and saying that they don't want that they want €2 million.

Another reason is that if the Yes votes win, a child having two dads could lead to confusion, bullying, embarrassment, depression and maybe suicide. I don't want that to happen to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If God is against Gay marriage he can vote no tomorrow, if he's not registered to vote thats his problem and he should have checked the register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What would Jesus do?

Rise above it (and vote couch potato!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement