1. Predict the IMT (Irish mean temperature, an average for five stations, Casement, Claremorris, Mullingar, Oak Park and Shannon). The 1981-2010 "normal" value is 5.4 C.
2. Predict the MAX, the highest daily maximum at any reporting station as confirmed at end of month in the Monthly Summary.
3. Predict the MIN, the lowest daily minimum at any reporting station as confirmed at end of month in the Monthly Summary.
4. Predict the PRC, the average rainfall expressed as percentage of normal at the eleven stations we normally use, which include the five mentioned for IMT and also Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Malin Head, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia.
5. Predict the SUN, the total sunshine expressed as a percentage of normal at the six stations used (Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Valentia).
6. For the BONUS question, our traditional prediction of MAX and MIN on Christmas Day at Dub (A) and (for 3 point super-bonus), will it snow at any location among the 25 regular reporting stations on the met.ie website, and this includes 24th as well as 25th of December. If you get this right on Yes or No, it's worth 2 points for yes verifying, a correct location is worth 1 more point, but no locations will bring in the "No" scores at 3.
Deadline for entries will be 0300h Sunday 1st of December, with 1 point deductions for every 3h late to 1500h Monday 2nd, after which penalties are 1 point per hour (in addition to the 12 points accumulated to that time).
Good luck !!
(not sure if there will be a winter forecast contest, if so look for the thread in the first week of December)