Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2018, 16:52   #16
twinsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Palmer View Post
As I cycle I certainly have. Pretty common for drivers to try and knock you down and close pass. They probably don't even register it as road rage or dangerous.
I have over 50.000 km done on a bike, not once a driver tried to knock me down. Close pass yes, but that would more due to lack of judgement rather doing this on purpose.
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 16:54   #17
rusty cole

Quote:
As I cycle I certainly have. Pretty common for drivers to try and knock you down and close pass. They probably don't even register it as road rage or dangerous.
[about as common as cyclists breaking lights, hitting pedestrians, damaging side mirrors and basically flouting the law.

That said, irrespective of vehicle, a wanker is wanker at a wheel or handlebars.
Infuriating stuff.

I know of a cyclist who knocked down a very promising boxer out jogging and killed him!! the boxer smacked his head when he hit the ground. Freak accident but just the same.
06-12-2018, 18:05   #18
LirW

Happened back home in Austria a few years ago.
I was in the car with my toddler son and a friend of mine, heading to the next shopping center a few minutes drive away. But in order to get there you need to take a short motorway section, 2 or 3 km and the ramp of the car park is the exit of the motorway, a pretty crazy setup.

Anyway, we left the village, then you have a few km of carriageway and there was a guy tailgating me, I felt pretty uncomfortable and he put quite some pressure on me, especially since it was a windy single lane each direction. Once we reached the motorway he was still right up my ar5e and cut out straight away to the second lane. Now traffic was heavy, he caused cars going 100 breaking down and that whole scenario was short of a mass collision if the other drivers wouldn't have reacted to fast.

My friend got incredibly angry at such stupid behaviour, he was literally foaming and we saw he also headed up the ramp to the shopping center. So we went up, my friend told me to stop the car once I had my ticket, he ran after that guy and have him a bollocking that you've never seen before. On a rooftop carpark in bright sunshine.
That pr1ck started acting all defensive saying he has a dashcam fitted and he has it all on tape how dangerous OUR driving was and he'll go to the police with it.
Which was a load of spoof because at that point dashcams weren't legal due to data protection.

Will never forget an early 20something guy yelling at a middle aged angry SUV driver.
(2) thanks from:
06-12-2018, 18:18   #19
theguzman

Had a woman try to get me to rear end her, luckily I was alert and swift on the brakes, I had it all on Dashcam so my own ass was covered. Best €40 I ever spent.
(2) thanks from:
06-12-2018, 18:20   #20
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman
Had a woman try to get me to rear end her, luckily I was alert and swift on the brakes, I had it all on Dashcam so my own ass was covered. Best €40 I ever spent.
Pretty unique among guys not wanting to rear end her. I admire your restraint.
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 18:24   #21
pauliebdub

It's happened to me a couple of times in shopping centre car parks. Once I stopped to allow another driver to pull out, the other driver an old man was rather slow at reversing out when a prick behind me starts beeping and shouting all kinds of ****e. I should have ignored him but asked what's his hurry to more aggressive shouting.

Another time I was waiting for a space when a cow pulled in in front of me. I was raging but she just didn't give a fùck.

Plenty of road rage whilst being on busses in Dublin and also on congested footpaths. There are some very angry people out there.
06-12-2018, 18:34   #22
washiskin

Pretty tame but I got a grin out of it, outside Aldi in Coolock this person thought I didn't pull my trolley close enough to the boot of the car for them to get by. She foamed out the window at me and blew the horn repeatedly. I pulled the trolley to the side of the car and just stared her out of it all the way out the carpark. She crawled up the road, still giving me dirty looks until, when level with my car, I flipped her the bird.Cue an absolute meltdown of roaring and banging the steering wheel and trying to get the passenger window down to roar at me. The car behind beeped at her and I pointed and laughed at her.
Thankfully, the light went green ....... I reckoned she would have ripped my head off if she came back.
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 18:35   #23
amcalester

Quote:
Originally Posted by washiskin View Post
Pretty tame but I got a grin out of it, outside Aldi in Coolock this person thought I didn't pull my trolley close enough to the boot of the car for them to get by. She foamed out the window at me and blew the horn repeatedly. I pulled the trolley to the side of the car and just stared her out of it all the way out the carpark. She crawled up the road, still giving me dirty looks until, when level with my car, I flipped her the bird.Cue an absolute meltdown of roaring and banging the steering wheel and trying to get the passenger window down to roar at me. The car behind beeped at her and I pointed and laughed at her.
Thankfully, the light went green ....... I reckoned she would have ripped my head off if she came back.
Guy in a wheelchair threatened to beat me up in a Lidl once, does that count?
06-12-2018, 18:39   #24
Johnny Dogs

Advertisement
06-12-2018, 18:52   #25
McCrack

Quote:
Were you being an intentional twat and not keeping left?
06-12-2018, 19:34   #26
Ray Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsen View Post
I have over 50.000 km done on a bike, not once a driver tried to knock me down. Close pass yes, but that would more due to lack of judgement rather doing this on purpose.
I doubt you are cycling in the city because everyone who cycles in work comments about how often it happens. I accept the will be idiots of every kind with poor road skills and that include cyclists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty cole View Post
[about as common as cyclists breaking lights, hitting pedestrians, damaging side mirrors and basically flouting the law.

That said, irrespective of vehicle, a wanker is wanker at a wheel or handlebars.
Infuriating stuff.

I know of a cyclist who knocked down a very promising boxer out jogging and killed him!! the boxer smacked his head when he hit the ground. Freak accident but just the same.
The question was about road rage not bad manners or law breaking. Road Rage is trying to either hurt or scare somebody.

I assume this boxer died elsewhere as only one death has been attributed to a cyclist in Ireland in 15 years and that was an old man. Still irrelevant to road rage
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 19:39   #27
Ray Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrack View Post
Were you being an intentional twat and not keeping left?
If I don't does that mean somebody should try to kill me? The thread is about road rage not whether cyclists are allowed on the road. If you want to talk about road positioning you can look up the law and argue it on the cycling or motor forum.
06-12-2018, 19:54   #28
McCrack

Quote:
If I don't does that mean somebody should try to kill me? The thread is about road rage not whether cyclists are allowed on the road. If you want to talk about road positioning you can look up the law and argue it on the cycling or motor forum.
Probably

Act like a moron on the road you can expect consequences
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 19:58   #29
amcalester

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrack View Post
Probably

Act like a moron on the road you can expect consequences
I’d say you’ve experienced a few road rage incidents.

You should calm down, maybe stop and smell the roses. Do you the world of good.
06-12-2018, 23:34   #30
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty cole View Post

Infuriating stuff.

In Ballymun?.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion