Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Rage incidents. Any experiences?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I cut out in front of someone at a mini roundabout, there was a lorry parked blocking my view from the right and I didn't see him till the last minute. Still it was completely my fault though, I stopped, waved apologetically and he went through. He kept beeping at me and we ended up side by side in lanes at the next roundabout. I could sense him looking at me and he wouldn't stop beeping. I turned and smiled at him and gave him the finger, yes, childish I know, but he was totally over reacting. At this point I saw it was an elderly man and he went nuts inside the car, shaking his fist at me and shouting. When I moved onto the roundabout even though I couldn't stop laughing I was a little afraid he was going to follow me:(
    I was a passenger in my daughter's car and she entered a roundabout just before the car coming from the right but in no way cutting it up. Another elderly man again, he followed us into Tesco and started shouting out of his window at my daughter telling her she needed to go back to driver's school.
    I will call someone every name under the sun, unheard in the car, if they do something stupid or blast the horn if someone does something
    extremely dangerous. Short of actually colliding with another car, I can't see the point in getting so wound up, not good for anyone.

But you are supposed to give way to traffic already on the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Two, one somewhat funnier.

Back about 20 years ago, before the M50 Southern Cross section opened, it was common enough to use the mountain roads to get from Blackrock to Tallaght via Whitechurch, Rockbrook etc. If any of you know the hairpin turn where Tibradden Road meets Rockbrook village you'll know it needs a very wide swing even by a small car to negotiate it. This particular time I was the third car in a queue to make a left turn around the hairpin, except the Fiesta in pole position hadnt left enough space to give himself the swing around the hairpin and was making a balls of the turn. The second car was a BMW 3er and the fella was getting mad impatient with Mr Bean in the Fiesta. So Bimmer decides to floor it and rip around the outside of the Ford to try and handbrake turn the hairpin. Mad stuff in any event. So, the Fiesta sees him try this and gets indignant and gets around the turn as the Bimmer pulls alongside him and the two of them race side by side to be first to get to the Mount Venus turn. Bear in mind the Bimmer is on the wrong side of the road now, so when the Fiesta gets a better road position the Bimmer simply rams him into the stone wall at the junction and all hell breaks loose. I was next man behind these lunatics and it took me and about 3 other passing motorists to separate them till the 5-0 arrived. Ive never seen such red mist lunacy before or since.

Second one, briefly, last year I was in Bath, England on my hols. I was leaving the Waitrose underground carpark in the town centre and was second at the barrier behind a couple in a 1 series BMW (coincidence? I doubt it.) For whatever reason, their carpark ticket wouldnt allow them exit (i suspect they hadnt bothered validating it) and the guy answering the 'press for help' button wouldnt lift the barrier for them until they showed proof of payment. The woman of the couple was driving and i could see her bloke losing his shyt in the passenger seat. Next thing he jumps out of the car, runs around the back of it and grabs the pneumatic barrier and reefs it up in a rage worthy of the Hulk to let the wife drive on through. Except, there was no room between the car and the barrier unit, so she drove over both his feet and sent him spinning onto the ground clutching both his shoes. My missus and I quite literally never stopped laughing until we got to Cornwall! Im still sorry i hadnt a dashcam.

Thankfully I havent become embroiled in road rage myself (much) but you do see some crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

A lot of angry people in this thread. Glad I have my camera recording at all times (and you wouldn't even know you were being filmed as the camera is built into the glasses) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    But you are supposed to give way to traffic already on the roundabout.

Yes, I know that, but the car wasn't already on roundabout, it was approaching the roundabout, maybe I should have explained that a bit better! Totally unwarranted behaviour from some old fella begrudging a young woman a nice sporty car maybe? :)

Advertisement