Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azealia Banks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I'd never really heard of her until this story exploded all over the media, not really my kind of music, so looked her up on Google. She seems to have rowed with many many people over the years including, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, Iggy Azealea and Eminem. The cynic in me notes that quite a number of those she engaged with are more famous and arguably more talented than she.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I'd never really heard of her until this story exploded all over the media, not really my kind of music, so looked her up on Google. She seems to have rowed with many many people over the years including, Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, Iggy Azealea and Eminem. The cynic in me notes that quite a number of those she engaged with are more famous and arguably more talented than she.

Plenty more than that! Seems to pick on a new celebrity every other week, most famous were her racist tweets to zayn malik
    ' u hairy curry scented bitch'

'imma start calling u punjab dirty bitch'

'you a dick rider for real for real. Ride this dick until the wheels fall off punjab'

Charming creature

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is that picture before or after?

Nowt much wrong with her in that pic

Maybe Im just nit picking, but seems like she gained a lot of weight and she just looks knackered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

She looks perfectly fine in that photo imo.
    Erm yep the majority are I'm afraid.

Statistically. Over 60% of Irish adults are overweight.

And yeah the lads are overweight too.

What are you sensitive about? Facts are facts.
    Are 60% of the people you encounter day to day overweight?

I realise it's "en vogue" for Irish people to put down Irish people (particularly women) but if people thought for themselves they'd see a far slimmer, fitter, more exercise enthusiastic nation than 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

She looks perfectly fine in that photo imo.

Are 60% of the people you encounter day to day overweight?

I realise it's "en vogue" for Irish people to put down Irish people (particularly women) but if people thought for themselves they'd see a far slimmer, fitter, more exercise enthusiastic nation than 20 years ago.

I'd say 60% wouldn't be too far off

But it varies by age and socio economic groups obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

wakka12 wrote: »
    Plenty more than that! Seems to pick on a new celebrity every other week, most famous were her racist tweets to zayn malik
    ' u hairy curry scented bitch'

'imma start calling u punjab dirty bitch'

'you a dick rider for real for real. Ride this dick until the wheels fall off punjab'

Charming creature

Zane aimed jibes such as 'ya durrty junkies bastard. She responded quite passively with' ah heyor, leave it out. Zane, not willing to back down then called her a 'sh1te in a bucket'. Unsure if Zane was calling a truce, her people called Zanes former band mate, Niall. After establishing that the term 'sh1te in a bucket' is a common derogatory one in the projects of mullingar, Ms Banks then, and only then she lost her sh*t. Two sides to every story

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Zane aimed jibes such as 'ya durrty junkies bastard. She responded quite passively with' ah heyor, leave it out. Zane, not willing to back down then called her a 'sh1te in a bucket'. Unsure if Zane was calling a truce, her people called Zanes former band mate, Niall. After establishing that the term 'sh1te in a bucket' is a common derogatory one in the projects of mullingar, Ms Banks then, and only then she lost her sh*t. Two sides to every story

It's not healthy in my mind to be observing such inane correspondence between two babbling non entities

I'd be very surprised if it was as high as 60%.

But anyway, Azaelia Banks - a chav like Nikki Minge and Cardi B.

Check out the lyrics to 212 - why such aggression?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Didn't Lauryn Hill spout some nonsense almost identical and also talk about how much she disliked white people when she was touring with the Fugees just before their Irish gig in the 90's before we had any real Fugees ourself?

Anyway, wasn't she just calling the Air-staff ugly? I'd probably agree with that. Some of the Aer Lingus staff are rough.

Probably losing the plot from touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I thought she’d be prettier...
    BBSytPO.img?h=459&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1262&y=1067

• Advertisement

It's not healthy in my mind to be observing such inane correspondence between two babbling non entities

T'isnt.

Why do people keep having to say they "agree" with the rude wagon?

Are the Irish the most self loathing people after the Jews?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Im not being edgy but I honestly never heard of her until today.

I think that just makes you beige, not edgy. If you were edgy you'd know who she was but you would have moved on about seven years ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I thought she’d be prettier...
    Nope

Clint-Eastwood-disgust.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The holy hack of this poxy horror, looks like a sock full of yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Who? Never heard of her thankfully

Same as myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+1. Jesus yer wan is in the colloquial; a bit of a munter. And clearly a mental case with apparent amnesia about taking her pills going on her previous. The only one who should put any store, or care about what she "thinks" is her shrink.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That's just loopy. Of course she doesn't.

She is a rude obnoxious weapon but making unfounded claims about her looks is just stooping to her level.

She's at best pretty (likely very pretty when tarted up), at worst unremarkable looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

RMAOK wrote: »
    Same as myself.

You both really need to get up to speed with Elon Musk.

She is a rude obnoxious weapon but making unfounded claims about her looks is just stooping to her level.
    They're pretty founded G. Though I get your point about the looks thing. Though to be fair the irony of her rants is bloody delicious.

• Advertisement

I didn't agree with her at all. Just a few sleazy comments on her appearance, and a little bit of mysogony. Said id fu*K her, f*ck quite roughly at that, as is my wont. Not once did I agree with her.

Wibbs wrote: »
    They're pretty founded G. Though I get your point about the looks thing. Though to be fair the irony of her rants is bloody delicious.
    I just can't see anything unsightly about her. Obviously not saying people have to fancy her but she doesn't have any badly shaped features or anything - just totally normal looking imo. Certainly not "poxy horror - looks like a sock full of yogurt" :D but an ugly character seeps outwards I guess.

I didn't agree with her at all.
    Didn't say you did Harry - meant others!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

shes not too bad, from certain angles

36687820_1587201164717893_9210176651780947968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=cdda504919fbf6a164079f0ee7b03bc8&oe=5D000C79

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

At least the Jews were good with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

More a fan of Princess Nokia when it comes to the 'Annoying Feminist Female Rap' genre myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

wakka12 wrote: »
    She used to be really pretty

But now

4A3A6F8B00000578-5507079-image-m-83_1521148819645.jpg

But now... Raheem Sterling with a wig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

https://www.instagram.com/stories/azealiabanks/?hl=en
    Still on the IG stories for anyone who wants to see, starting from the story around the 12hr ago mark. (1st one without rabbit ear filter/post boarding airplane).

I wonder if it had anything to do with having to fill in one of those Non-EU citizen forms. Think that would make sense seeing as her previous bunch of stories were 'immigration' related and she doesn't strike me as the smartest. :pac:

May end up with a round 2 if she ended up booking with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

That's just loopy. Of course she doesn't.

She's at best pretty (likely very pretty when tarted up), at worst unremarkable looking.

i get your point, maybe I should have not be so abrupt in the way she was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cartroubles

I'm assuming her show will be boycotted now or there'll be a protest outside at least. Isn't that what we do to those who say offensive things?

Advertisement