Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azealia Banks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

It's annoying the way some people here have to insult the Aer Lingus ladies.

Middle aged, middle class - any description with "middle" = among the greatest crimes there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

Stab*City wrote: »
    Aer lingus stewardess are pretty bad though. Caked in makeup to hide the middle age.

So what ?
    They have to be young and attractive ?

I'd rather a 55 year old nice helpful friendly flight attendant then some 22 year old sulky young wan that has an attitude and no clue - like the ones on Ryanair - but hey they are pretty !! bingo!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So how was the gig? Nothing uploaded on YouTube yet.

You'd think with so many damn phones recording these days there'd have been something. Hopefully of someone giving her a taste of her own medicine.

Seems she didn't take to the Academy crowd anyway......
    Bit of an update here
    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/azealia-banks-i-want-to-dedicate-this-to-all-the-beautiful-irish-women-1.3767685

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I'd say part of the issue may be that Aer Lingus short haul has no business class. I've seen a few minor strops when someone was demanding to be upgraded and being told there is no other part of the cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

blade1 wrote: »

I love the quote from the young wan at the show.

In reference to Banks' rant on Irish women.

''Obviously it was problematic.'':D

Young wans love that word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

"You’re not going to Azealia Banks because she’s PC, so don’t try to pretend that she is.”

Some people don't seem to know the difference between being rude and being PC. PC is being used as an excuse for everything these days. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Her calling Irish women ugly is ****ing rich. Never heard of her before either.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

I went last night with my sister and her bf. If Boards had a downvote button, I'm sure ye would use it but we liked it. Never been to The Academy before, very small place for it. She sang both her old and new stuff and finished with 212.

I agree that she is a horrible person, slaughtering chickens and the like but I like her music.
    Doors opened at 7 and she came out around 9:30. Just before she did everyone there was shouting "fcuk Aer Lingus" along with the DJ.

Got a bit weird sometimes between songs, where she was like she needs a man to put a baby in her. Up on stage anyways she was grand and got really into her music. She threw out, her own branded soap and used towels to the crowd at the end.

We really enjoyed it, only complaint was she wasn’t on a long time, something like an hour and 15. I would go again if it’s was like 25 euro again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

She's not a basket of fruit herself, and there are lots of good looking Irish women.

I'd agree she's rude, but at the same time, I'd also just say treat it as you would someone getting into an old fashioned Irish slagging match. She's just a hard-ass from NY playing it up as much as she possibly can.

Irish audiences aren't exactly shrinking violets either. She slagged the audience. They slagged back. I don't think either side is particularly offended.

To be fair, she does have a somewhat of a point about the spray tan addiction though.

My sense is that it's all part of the PR and promotional drive and she is who she is.

I would strongly suggest let it roll away like water on a duck's back. One of the huge plus points about living in Ireland is we're not that easily rilled / triggered by being slagged off. Unless, you're a pompous Tory in which case....

Give her a few years and she'll be an adopted bad-ass national treasure turning up on the Late Late...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

EdgeCase wrote: »
    Give her a few years and she'll be an adopted bad-ass national treasure turning up on the Late Late...

Are you still talking about Az Banks here?

Effects wrote: »
    Are you still talking about Az Banks here?

In a somewhat tongue-in-cheek way yeah ...

But, considering the track record of the Late Late ... lol

A middle aged ex-rapper turned yoga therapist or something.

I'd strongly suspect it's all just a PR-seeking persona ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I’d never heard of her until yesterday. What I’ve heard about her since then hasn’t exactly endeared her to me either. She seems to be ignorant arrogant,rude, obnoxious and just plain vile really. She must be absolutely horrible to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Some new vile remarks being made today.

"Don't you have a famine to go die in?"

""I'm happiest knowing the Irish are all quarantined on an isla so they can continue to inbreed and keep their defective genes away from the rest of humanity.""

https://www.fm104.ie/the-buzz/azealia-banks-adds-to-disgusting-comments-about-ir/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Now she's just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Now she's just trolling.

That's all she's ever been doing, right from the start. Yet people still get up in arms about it.

manonboard wrote: »

""I'm happiest knowing the Irish are all quarantined on an isla so they can continue to inbreed and keep their defective genes away from the rest of humanity.""

https://www.fm104.ie/the-buzz/azealia-banks-adds-to-disgusting-comments-about-ir/

Well with that comment she has crossed from "ah now I'm only slagging you" to "xenophobia" on my trollometer.

You don't say stuff like that to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Middle aged, middle class - any description with "middle" = among the greatest crimes there are.
    Off topic, but I hate mediocre being used as an pejorative outside of some objectively elite context.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

And to think, if the Irish media had reported the 'story' for what it actually was, instead of adding all the bs, she wouldn't be getting attacked by hundreds of idiots on social media and spouting that. But the indo needs to sell it's ad space.

If they keep reporting every post she makes, she'll keep making them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Her gig last night was actually really good. She puts on a good show, great atmosphere in the place. Only down side was lack of being able to get a drink. Would see again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

That’s fairly funny to be Fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Bowlardo wrote: »
    That’s fairly funny to be Fair

A good dig that's sure to rankle for sure.

Be some craic if AerLingus tweeted her saying "Don't you have some cotton to pick?"

But somehow I don't think that'd be taken in jest.

I suppose imo that's the main issue most have with Azelia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

DrumSteve wrote: »
    She's a sap but that timeline she posted of Elon Musk and Grimes trying to have a three way with her was pretty funny.

You'd have to imagine she received some mega payoff from Musk to quieten down on that whole thing.

IIRC she was in the house with Musk for some time (apparently 'days' but maybe hyperbole?) and he was tripping on LSD and tweeting mad shít. She was there waiting for Grimes to appear so that they could record together but she ended up being a no show.

The timeline and sharing convos between her and Grimes went on for a good bit and then she made a complete u-turn.

Wonder how much she made from it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

So what ?
    They have to be young and attractive ?

I'd rather a 55 year old nice helpful friendly flight attendant then some 22 year old sulky young wan that has an attitude and no clue - like the ones on Ryanair - but hey they are pretty !! bingo!! :rolleyes:

Just goes to show youth and “beauty” doesn’t equate to class, I’d say some of those stewardesses could give her lessons....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Amazed me that such a pathetic mangey lookin yoke has the lack of self awareness to criticize other women’s looks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Amazed me that such a pathetic mangey lookin yoke has the lack of self awareness to criticize other women’s looks
    This implies it would be ok if she was hot. Her looks (unremarkable without make-up, very pretty with make-up) are irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This implies it would be ok if she was hot. Her looks (unremarkable without make-up, very pretty with make-up) are irrelevant.

I take your point but still it makes it even worse that this awful lookin yoke throws insults at other women’s looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Stumbled on this story today, I had to google her.

Looks like a crack whore, god love her.

Great publicity for her no doubt.

Another diva wannabe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I gotta ask, who is this random person and why should anyone care about the self entitled "opinion" of prima dona nobody Ive never heard of....

Advertisement