Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Ireland committing genocide?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Think someone got let out of the asylum for the weekend a bit earlier than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

gozunda wrote: »
    Fear not! our glorious leader and his party have proposed a new plan called Project Ireland 2040 whereby they plan to increase the population of the country by a million people by immigration etc in order to increase the tax base. More peasants - more money. Win!

There is a terrible truth about Ireland 2040. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkl1xGTt9Sw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

I didn`t say it wasn`t.

He gave you an example as you clearly can't tell the difference between genocide and migration.
    There is a terrible truth about Ireland 2040. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkl1xGTt9Sw

Oh this old chestnut.. the real reason you started this thread.

amcalester wrote: »
    Not at all. I was wondering if you were racist.

You talk about the depopulation of areas like Roscommon as being genocide, but Roscommon's population is growing so I'm confused.

Or is it that you are not a racist, you're just wrong?

Genocide and population growth can co-exist so no I am not wrong, you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

You are wrong. Very very very wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Realitykeeper: always good for a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Not when you’ve based your claims of genocide on the fact that the population is declining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jeez, it just gets worse! What drivel is this?

You started with an absurd OP and regressed to bizarre and farcical.

fxotoole wrote: »
    Realitykeeper: always good for a laugh

If only it were even slightly funny though.

You're likening the emigration of a few young people from small towns to the deliberate murder of 6 million people by using the word genocide.

I made no such comparison. If I point out that a grain of sand has particular dimensions, it does not follow that I am comparing it with the universe which also happens to have particular dimensions of it`s own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭donegal_man

A two hour plus youtube video! Skipping straight to the comments imagine my surprise to find many many of them referring to "white genocide", "race traitors" etc and even a few swastikas.

I made no such comparison. If I point out that a grain of sand has particular dimensions, it does not follow that I am comparing it with the universe which also happens to have particular dimensions of it`s own.

BS. Genocide is genocide. You used the term quite clearly and distinctly. Just admit you either used the wrong word or over exaggerated the situation.

You are wrong. Very very very wrong.

Bravo! A splendid Shirley Temple impression!

BS. Genocide is genocide. You used the term quite clearly and distinctly. Just admit you either used the wrong word or over exaggerated the situation.

I admit nothing of the sort and I will thank you not to use those vulgar initials again.

I admit nothing of the sort and I will thank you not to use those vulgar initials again.

I think this is just a game, so carry on.

I'm out.

PFO.

I think this is just a game, so carry on.

I'm out.

If it were a game, wouldn`t that make you a sore loser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

It's boggercide.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    It's boggercide.

That may actually be the motive. They might be trying to turn the place into a national park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Am I not correct?
    You are not correct.

• Advertisement

You are not correct.

I disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

In 1653 Cromwell gave the northwest free people.
    He would have given you canals, railways, motorways but they weren't invented then.

In 1653 Cromwell gave the northwest free people.
    He would have given you canals, railways, motorways but they weren't invented then.

What do you mean? Are there old bridges in Donegal built by Cromwell, if so which ones? The free people bit also needs some explaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭loveall

Was wondering where Anna Kavanagh had gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Am I not correct?

Have you EVER been correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭donegal_man

That may actually be the motive. They might be trying to turn the place into a national park.

Garth Ennis, an unhailed prophet

Prog-727-First-appearence-of-Judge-Joyce-1991.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

No Ireland is not committing genocide.
    Lack of investment, destruction of rural infrastructure is happening, but not genocide.
    No genocide and a decrease in population can co-exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,506 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Letterkenny has pramerica, optum, zeus and sita to name but a few multinational companies situated there. Pramerica alone has 1500 employees, majoriry of which live all over donegal and commute or wfh daily.
    More can be done, definitely, to de-centralize jobs and opportunities from dublin and leinster, but dont pain tit to be some barren economic wasteland when thats far from the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I didn't even have to click on the link and I knew it would be Stefan. Some amount of ****e coming out of him lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

There are train stations in Boyle, Castlerea, Roscommon town and Carrick on Shannon (Roscommon side). Train station a mile of so from river Shannon in Athlone and one a mile or 2 from Roscommon border in Ballinasloe.

M6 runs through Roscommon from Ballinasloe to Athlone.

Advertisement