Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

I'm on Alexander 11/4 Khan is 4/11 no way is there that much between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Taking khan to win on points at 10/11 with a sneaky covering bet on Devon Alexander ko @ 5/1.

Didn't see it but I heard it was nice and easy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

magma69 wrote: »
    Lara by points
    Korobov by stoppage

Accumulator at 4/1.

I'd be happy to lose the bet if Lee won but if Korobov stops him the few quid will cushion the blow.

t8GaqMh.gif

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Didn't see it but I heard it was nice and easy.

Shut out. Won every minute of the fight. Footwork and balance really improved. Great performance tbf.

Hughie Fury to win.
    Abraham to win.
    Golovkin by stoppage.

A tonne will return 163.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Hughie Fury to win.
    Abraham to win.
    Golovkin by stoppage.

A tonne will return 163.

Going for the upsets this weekend ............. we'll see if it pays off or not

pac_man wrote: »
    I don't think the risk is worth the reward. All of them bets for something just above 3/5.

That's an interesting fight for Fury and a big step up. He hasn't fought since last May and to lump him in a ten rounder against a guy that can take a punch, I'd be wanting more than 1/7.

Thought Smith fought the fight of his life and can't see it been replicated.Abraham has been involved in many a war and you'd think that he's slowing down but Smith is fairly ordinary and even a half-shot Arthur Abraham should still have too much.

The Golovkin stoppage at 1/7 isn't a forgone conclusion. Murray can be quite negative,tight guard and could quite possibly run around the ring for 12 rounds.

I'd probably pick the same outcomes as you but there doesn't seem to be any value in it.

There's an element of risk in the Fury fight given that it's a step up and he's back from an illness. However he's had a long camp for this (he's been fully recovered for quite a while) and I really rate him as a boxer. I trust Peter Fury's management of him.

Golovkin stoppage is a certainty imo. Even if Murray fights ultra negative, the ref will have to step in. Golovkin steps up his workrate when fighters shell up (like against Stevens) so it's only a matter of time before he either knocks him out early or forces the ref to step in from the fight being too one-sided in the later rounds.

Abraham is the one I'm most worried about tbh. You just don't know if he'll turn up or not. Stieglitz rematch he was brutal after a close first fight. He still has it in him to stop Smith though, as Smith is fragile.

Your skepticism is fair enough though. I think it's just about worth going for.

Fury weighs in at 230. Looks in good shape. He has a much more professional attitude to the sport than his cousin who was turning up in disgraceful shape when he was at Hughie's stage of his career.

Jazza Dickens to win on Friday @ 4/11

• Advertisement

Oosthuizen
    Berto
    Porter

All to win this weekend. 50 returns 105 on PP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Chris Arreola
    Andre Berto
    Shawn Porter
    Patrick Nielsen
    Ovill McKenzie
    Gary O'Sullivan
    Dierry Jean
    Sergey Kovalev
    Thomas Oosthuizen
    Adam Etches
    Kell Brook

These to win their March fights. About 6/1. Got a 50 on it myself as an accumulator.

Chris Arreola
    Andre Berto
    Shawn Porter
    Patrick Nielsen
    Ovill McKenzie
    Gary O'Sullivan
    Dierry Jean
    Sergey Kovalev
    Thomas Oosthuizen
    Adam Etches
    Kell Brook

These to win their March fights. About 6/1. Got a 50 on it myself as an accumulator.

Spike is 1/40 to win. I'd advise against backing him. It would be an awful shame for you to fall on an accumulator due to an early clash of heads in a fight that brings in next to nothing.

We both have two down on our accumulators. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭flanna01

Ok... Move over amateurs, let the man through.....

First of all, let there be no more backing the entire populous of boxers in order to make a few quid - that's just ridiculous.

I turn my back for two minutes, and ye all start running riot around here!

Here it is for tonight.....

Sergey Kovalev 7-12
    Wyacheslav Glazkov
    Thomas Oosthuizen

This little trio pays out around 6/1 depending what investment broker (bookie) you go to...

Now Fur Ball's... Ye will have to start making money yourselves, I can't be wiping your noses every two minutes!

Get on the above sure thing before 6.30pm tonight, that's when John Thomas will be starting the ball rolling....

Oosthuizen wins! Nielsen should be out soon.

Oosthuizen wins! Nielsen should be out soon.

Congrats, great calls! Just wondering there did your Porter leg return void as well due to change of opponent? I only spotted that earlier today on my own bet.

• Advertisement

Sergey Kovalev 7-12
    Wyacheslav Glazkov
    Thomas Oosthuizen

''Who's your Daddy.......!!!''

Congrats o great one :D

I am waiting on only three more legs for mine to come through....Special K, Etches and Ovill. Ovill is the only one I am sort of worried about but he still should bring it home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

flanna01 wrote: »
    Sergey Kovalev 7-12
    Wyacheslav Glazkov
    Thomas Oosthuizen

''Who's your Daddy.......!!!''

Damn, can't believe I missed this, I had €100 in my Paddy Power account and everything :mad:

Congrats, great calls! Just wondering there did your Porter leg return void as well due to change of opponent? I only spotted that earlier today on my own bet.

I didn't even realise at the time ffs. That bet was void. Sickened but can't blame PP as it's clearly stated that a change in bet voids that particular bet.

Gary Russell Jr this weekend @ 8/15 on PP.

Talib Kweli's bet still looking good.

• Advertisement

Chris Arreola
    Andre Berto
    Shawn Porter
    Patrick Nielsen
    Ovill McKenzie
    Gary O'Sullivan
    Dierry Jean
    Sergey Kovalev
    Thomas Oosthuizen
    Adam Etches
    Kell Brook

Phew still alive, Ovill just scraped a decision although I felt it was definitely deserved. Now up to The Bomber and Special K. Bring it home lads!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

Noooooooooooooooooooooo so close

Unlucky man.

megadodge wrote: »
    Unlucky man.

Absolutely heartbreaking...rent due next week and just after a college ball. Would have come in handy! Ah well, there'll be days like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

Absolutely heartbreaking...rent due next week and just after a college ball. Would have come in handy! Ah well, there'll be days like that!

Don't want to sound like a know-all, but I bet regularly and I learnt from an experienced punter a long time ago, that the more variables, the more likely you're gonna lose. That's stating the obvious I suppose, but you had eleven results that had to go your way for a mere 6/1. That's why the pros keep away from accumulators, especially big multiples like yours in a sport where one punch can change everything.

I think you know your stuff though, so if you stick to doubles or trebles maybe and take solid returns rather than the potential spectacular ones that require an awful lot of stuff to go right, or at least make sure there's a BIG price for all the risk, so when you eventually hit, it makes up for all the losses.

Not to worry my little Fur Ball....

Better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all......

You posted a comment after the wager collapsed.... Speaks volumes.

Still time to get on the 27/1 Flanna spectacular....... Take heart... remember, Milan wasn't built in a day..

Mayweather pts odds have been widening due to the hype machine behind Pac. He can now be backed at 8/11 on PP for a points win.

I'm going to double that with a bet on Trout to beat Mundine next week. He's 1/3. Mundine has seen much better days and undertook a total hiding from Clottey recently. It would be a miracle if he were to get anything from the fight.

Get on it lads!

Mayweather pts odds have been widening due to the hype machine behind Pac. He can now be backed at 8/11 on PP for a points win.

I'm going to double that with a bet on Trout to beat Mundine next week. He's 1/3. Mundine has seen much better days and undertook a total hiding from Clottey recently. It would be a miracle if he were to get anything from the fight.

Get on it lads!

5/6 on Boyles which is even better. It might drift to evens then I'll look at remortgaging the gaff.

menoscemo wrote: »
    5/6 on Boyles which is even better. It might drift to evens then I'll look at remortgaging the gaff.

If there's ever been a boxing bet to load up on this is it. God bless all them casual fans lol.

If there's ever been a boxing bet to load up on this is it. God bless all them casual fans lol.

Yeah I know. I am gonna wait until Saturday as the odds are currently drifting. Does anyone know a good pawn shop :pac:

• Advertisement

I forgot to give the bank 21 days notice to withdraw all my savings to lump on Manny :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

Pac is 9/2 with Paddy Power to win by KO

Mayweather is 7/1

those odds seem strange to me

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

Mayweather is 7/1

How are they strange?

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »

Mayweather is 7/1

Why?
    Floyd has only KO'd one man since 2007 and that was by sucker punch against Ortiz.
    Pacquiao last had a KO in 2009. He couldn't even put away a very weak Algieri in his last fight despite knocking him down 6 times.

Why?
    Floyd has only KO'd one man since 2007 and that was by sucker punch against Ortiz.
    Pacquiao last had a KO in 2009. He couldn't even put away a very weak Algieri in his last fight despite knocking him down 6 times.

In fairness to Manny on another night any ref would have stepped in and stopped the fight

In fairness to Manny on another night any ref would have stepped in and stopped the fight

Absolutely, but Algieri was an outclassed, weak chinned, light welter. Floyd is a whole other ball game.

Floyd On Points has now drifted to 5/6 on Paddy Power too and you can get 10/11 on Betfair :eek:

I think by tomorrow some bookies will be offering evens.

Floyd On Points has now drifted to 5/6 on Paddy Power too and you can get 10/11 on Betfair :eek:

Odds still drifting.
    Now 20/23 on Boyles and 10/11 on Ladbrokes and William hill 20/21 on Betfair...

I wouldn't hold out too long. I reckon there's a lot of people thinking along the same lines that will pile on Mayweather tomorrow. I did my bets just there.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't hold out too long. I reckon there's a lot of people thinking along the same lines that will pile on Mayweather tomorrow. I did my bets just there.

I'm going to hang on as I think it will hit evens and then I am all over it.

Where did you put your money on?

Paddy Power, my money was in the account so it was just easier for me. Backed Mayweather pts and another double of Mayweather pts and Trout to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Paddy Power doing a special for new customers.
    FM 4/1 or MP 9/1
    Money back as a free bet if yours looses

And it happened!!
    Floyd by decision just went to evens on Boyles and the money is on!!

Paddy Power doing a special for new customers.
    FM 4/1 or MP 9/1
    Money back as a free bet if yours looses

It's a tenner maximum bet. Still better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

Too much money to be made in rematch, boxing is the most corrupt sport in the world put your money on the draw 16/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Too much money to be made in rematch, boxing is the most corrupt sport in the world put your money on the draw 16/1

It's undoubtedly corrupt, but it's not even close to being the most corrupt.
    Football is probably #1, look at how FIFA is run, all the bribes, bungs etc. How Qatar won a bid for the World Cup....that's more ridiculous than anything that's happened in cycling.

Lance Armstrong's 'donations' to the UCI in cycling, the still largely covered up cover ups of drug taking in Athletics. Can't really get into that on this forum, but you probably genuinely wouldn't believe some of the things that have happened in Athletics.
    In mixed martial arts some guys have flat out admitted there was 'works' in Pancrase, and Pride FC contracts specifically stated that although they did drugs tests, PED's were excluded from this testing. This was all hidden from the public.

A lot of boxing's reputation for being corrupt comes from the days of mafia fixing fights back in the old days. Is everything always on the level now ?, almost certainly not, but what happens in boxing pales to what happens in other sports.

Now with all that said, I do agree with your point somewhat. When there is the money at stake that there is in this contest, you can never be sure everythings on the level.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

Big Ears wrote: »
    It's undoubtedly corrupt, but it's not even close to being the most corrupt.
    Football is probably #1, look at how FIFA is run, all the bribes, bungs etc. How Qatar won a bid for the World Cup....that's more ridiculous than anything that's happened in cycling.

Lance Armstrong's 'donations' to the UCI in cycling, the still largely covered up cover ups of drug taking in Athletics. Can't really get into that on this forum, but you probably genuinely wouldn't believe some of the things that have happened in Athletics.
    In mixed martial arts some guys have flat out admitted there was 'works' in Pancrase, and Pride FC contracts specifically stated that although they did drugs tests, PED's were excluded from this testing. This was all hidden from the public.

A lot of boxing's reputation for being corrupt comes from the days of mafia fixing fights back in the old days. Is everything always on the level now ?, almost certainly not, but what happens in boxing pales to what happens in other sports.

Now with all that said, I do agree with your point somewhat. When there is the money at stake that there is in this contest, you can never be sure everythings on the level.
    Judges are paid off its clear to see especially when fighters advised al haymon are fighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Judges are paid off its clear to see especially when fighters advised al haymon are fighting

Suspect scores happen all the time, but I think incompetence is to blame most of the time rather than corruption.

Did Haymon forget to pay them off for the Quillin vs Lee fight ?

You were bang on. Went to evens today. Good luck to everyone on their bets tonight.

You were bang on. Went to evens today. Good luck to everyone on their bets tonight.

Yes I got my €100 on and now to double up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement