Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We all need a bit of luck gambling, looks a good shout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Matthysse KO tonight 2.05 betfair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Had Postol points at 9/4. Sickened I didn't just go for Postol to win.

Gonna do some homework for the World Championships, think there's a few quid to be made there.

Michael O'Reilly @ 4/5.

O'Reilly wins. There's potential to make a killing throughout this tournament.

• Advertisement

pac_man wrote: »
    I like De La Cruz in the 81kg @ 7/4. He has a handy draw till the semi and then faces a lad that he beat already if all things pan out.

Good bet imo.

I got the Russian beating Pat McCormack tomorrow. 8/13

Malik Scott is 11/8 to beat Tony Thomson this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

What price Andy lee to win in december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

magma69 wrote: »
    Malik Scott is 11/8 to beat Tony Thomson this weekend.

Great shout!

I'll be lumping it on Eubank when that fight comes around. Spike doesn't have a hope of beating him imo and there'll be a lot of patriotic Irishmen who don't really know much about boxing backing Spike. Bless em. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

I'll be lumping it on Eubank when that fight comes around. Spike doesn't have a hope of beating him imo and there'll be a lot of patriotic Irishmen who don't really know much about boxing backing Spike. Bless em. :p

Spike has improved a lot in the last 2 years,but i'm no expert unlike yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spike has improved a lot in the last 2 years,but i'm no expert unlike yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a quick read of this thread shows that I'm far from that. :pac:

Here's all the odds for the Lee fight too.

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/andy-lee-v-billy-joe-saunders/winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Bradley - Rios

Fight to be won within rounds 9,10,11 or 12 :Ladbrokes 5/1

Rios is heavy and sports the look of someone who hasn't trained well.
    Bradley chips away at him and all risks take place late in the fight.

Bradley can get wobbled too so the possibility of a Bradles KO loss is dually covered.

A small wager on this for me - say between €5 and €10. The reward would be good enough to enable a lower stake.

Peter McDonagh - Dean Byrne

It was 50/50 in the bookies yesterday but today Byrne has drifted out to 15/8.

I'm going with Byrne for the victory as I think he's good at this price.The weigh-in : Arrow-down-navmenu.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pIfOVAC2Y

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

Had Cardle KO (lucky there)
    Provodnikov KO
    Smith KO 1-6
    Doran just to win.

Got a nice few quid off the accum

I think I'll put half of my winnings on Bradley to stop Rios late on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Kaiser84 wrote: »
    Provodnikov KO
    Smith KO 1-6
    Doran just to win.

Please don't or you'll be bull thick with yourself for a month. Bradley isn't knocking anyone out

Hope you followed trough Kaiser !
    pile-money-euros-white-business-finance-image-european-background-42927575.jpg

Kaiser84 wrote: »
    Provodnikov KO
    Smith KO 1-6
    Doran just to win.

Wow wow wow wow I take it all back, you sir are a genius. I hope you followed through now! What a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭megadodge

Bradley - Rios

Fight to be won within rounds 9,10,11 or 12 :Ladbrokes 5/1

Rios is heavy and sports the look of someone who hasn't trained well.
    Bradley chips away at him and all risks take place late in the fight.

Bradley can get wobbled too so the possibility of a Bradles KO loss is dually covered.

A small wager on this for me - say between €5 and €10. The reward would be good enough to enable a lower stake.

Peter McDonagh - Dean Byrne

It was 50/50 in the bookies yesterday but today Byrne has drifted out to 15/8.

I'm going with Byrne for the victory as I think he's good at this price.The weigh-in : Arrow-down-navmenu.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pIfOVAC2Y

Great call on Bradley. That's one I really didn't see.

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Wow wow wow wow I take it all back, you sir are a genius. I hope you followed through now! What a call.

Yes. But unfortunately I backed him by to win in rounds 10-12!

Still had a profit, though. But I was gutted last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

This lad is way better than flanna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

There'll be a lot of people that do know a little about boxing backing Spike as well - and not just 'Patriotic Irishmen'.
    Personally I think it could go either way. If it goes to points then I'd bet on Eubank but if Eubank allows himself to get hit as he has done previously then Spike will win by KO/TKO. Actually I think it's quite an intriguing contest and IMO the odds are miles out.

If it goes to points then I'd bet on Eubank but if Eubank allows himself to get hit as he has done previously then Spike will win by KO/TKO. Actually I think it's quite an intriguing contest and IMO the odds are miles out.

I'd be very surprised.
    From everything I have seen Eubank is blessed with the same iron Chin his father had and Spike is in no way a big puncher at this level. I'd definitely expect a Eubank KO if he doesn't go easy.

There'll be a lot of people that do know a little about boxing backing Spike as well - and not just 'Patriotic Irishmen'.
    Personally I think it could go either way. If it goes to points then I'd bet on Eubank but if Eubank allows himself to get hit as he has done previously then Spike will win by KO/TKO. Actually I think it's quite an intriguing contest and IMO the odds are miles out.

I've yet to see someone present any kind of logical argument backing Spike. I'd like to know who these people are that you claim.

Spike is bang average and there isn't even any evidence that he can bang harder than Chudinov, who didn't put a dent in Eubank Jr.

It's not even that Eubank Jr is anything special either, Spike went life and death with Matthew Hall, he's levels below Eubank.

Fancy Martin Murray to beat Abraham in Germany this weekend. 11/10 odds on Boylesports.

Abraham really hasn't been impressive since he moved up to 168 and he's pushing on now. He went life and death with Paul Smith in their first fight and although more dominant in the rematch, looked unspectacular. I honestly think Murray will dominate enough so they won't rob him if it goes the distance, though I wouldn't rule him out getting a stoppage here.

That's my pick of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Fancy Martin Murray to beat Abraham in Germany this weekend. 11/10 odds on Boylesports.

Abraham really hasn't been impressive since he moved up to 168 and he's pushing on now. He went life and death with Paul Smith in their first fight and although more dominant in the rematch, looked unspectacular. I honestly think Murray will dominate enough so they won't rob him if it goes the distance, though I wouldn't rule him out getting a stoppage here.

It was close in the first fight, life and death it wasnt and he will take murray handily on saturday night. Its a case of who is tougher and for me its abraham at 4/5 to take a spot in the weekend accumulator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Murray will get the job done as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭megadodge

I agree with everything, except the stoppage prediction. Abraham is extremely tough and Murray isn't a particular hard puncher. The fact that it's Abraham in Germany makes it a little more risky betting on Murray on pts than I would if it was in a neutral venue.

megadodge wrote: »
    I agree with everything, except the stoppage prediction. Abraham is extremely tough and Murray isn't a particular hard puncher. The fact that it's Abraham in Germany makes it a little more risky betting on Murray on pts than I would if it was in a neutral venue.

I think it will go the distance too but I wouldn't rule him out getting a stoppage.

I'm with you guys .................. Murray to win on points. Going with betfair for this bout.

Will try to wait until I see the weigh-in (hopefully live) before I place my money, just in case something dramatic happens..

Murray throws way more than Abraham who is very low volume anyway.
    They've both got great chins but only one has KO power and that's Abraham.
    This should go the distance, however it's a ringer for a head-clash.

Sometimes Murray pushes opponents away with his head. At the same time Abraham stands very firmly rooted. Hopefully its a clean fight though.

• Advertisement

Murray/Perez double tonight.

I've done a Treble of Murray Decision, Crolla Decision and Canelo KO. Just over 18/1 on Boyles

Bad call by me on the Murray/Abraham fight. *puts hand up*. Thought it was a very close fight but didn't expect Murray to stand off Abraham as much and let him open up with effective punching.

Gonna try make up for it this weekend with a double.

Irishman Dennis Hogan fights against the home fighter Jack Culcay. Hogan struggled in recent fights with journeymen and think Culcay has been operating at a higher level than Hogan. Neither are big punchers, 8/13 on pts win for Culcay.

Jacobs v Quillin is a cracking fight. Think Jacobs is probably the more naturally skilled fighter and expect him to do well in the fight but his chin is dodgy and Quillin, for all his faults, is a big puncher. He's knocked down almost everyone he's been in with and I can see him landing a big shot on Jacobs while being behind on points. 2/1

Tenner will get you back almost 50 snots.

Quillin for the KO at 2/1 is too good not to lump on it. Just threw 100 on it. Jacobs has a very dodgy chin and Quillin is skilled enough to get in there to get that right hand off time and time again.

Picks for the Championships in the Mens tonight:

Irvine
    Casey
    McComb
    Walsh
    Nolan
    O'Neill
    Gardiner

18/1

Eubank Jr rounds 7-12
    Joshua rounds 1-3

Gives a little over 3/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yunieski gonzalez looks good value at 4/5

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Yunieski gonzalez looks good value at 4/5

Shabransky has better odds...I think he's gonna destroy Gonzalez

Glazkov to win at 8/11 this weekend is good value imo.

I don't really rate Glazkov that much but the guy he's fighting looks really crude, I can see Glazkov outboxing him.

Danny Garcia points @4/6.

Garcia won't have it all his own way, I think the fight will be somewhat competitive but Garcia should edge it. Guerrero is a tough guy, would be very surprised if he gets stopped. Add that to the fact the judges seem to love Garcia, I think it's a wise bet.

Danny Garcia points @4/6.

Garcia won't have it all his own way, I think the fight will be somewhat competitive but Garcia should edge it. Guerrero is a tough guy, would be very surprised if he gets stopped. Add that to the fact the judges seem to love Garcia, I think it's a wise bet.

• Advertisement

Paddy Power have Brian Rose @ 5/6 against Macklin in their rumoured fight on the next Joshua undercard. That's free money. Macklin is completely shot. He's journeyman level at this point, not a hope of him beating Rose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I know it's a while away but What's the thinking on povetkin v wilder?

Povetkin is 6/5 which seems like a very good price to me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I know it's a while away but What's the thinking on povetkin v wilder?

Povetkin is 6/5 which seems like a very good price to me.

Povetkin is an elite boxer as they come. Even though he is getting on and he has a size disadvantage , he has fought top opposition his last three fights and won in devastating fashion.

I can't see wilder fighting him. He even said himself, "it's too cold in Russia ".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Paddy Power have Brian Rose @ 5/6 against Macklin in their rumoured fight on the next Joshua undercard. That's free money. Macklin is completely shot. He's journeyman level at this point, not a hope of him beating Rose.

I have to say I thought this myself when I saw the odds. Macklin's only hope is Rose turns up shot himself !, I do see signs Rose may be a little on the slide (although he was never amazing to begin with) but he'll probably look fantastic against the current version of Macklin.

I'm actually interested to see what'd they'd offer for a Rose stoppage....

Canelo is 3/10 to win on bet365. Them odds are only gonna widen imo so get on it quick smart would be my advice. Khan hasn't a snowball's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Canelo is 3/10 to win on bet365. Them odds are only gonna widen imo so get on it quick smart would be my advice. Khan hasn't a snowball's.

Not really worth it though unless your putting the house on it.. :(

Yes I couldn't believe it when I seen the early prices.

Corals were giving 2/5 on Canelo but its gone now.
    I'd lump a large sum on this only for the fact that your money is tied up for months.

I'm hoping that the hype for the fight will encourage a lot of casuals to back KHan and the price remains stable at around 1/3 for Canelo.

As soon as the fight was announced I was asked my opinion on what the odds should look like. My opinion was 1/6 Canelo and 4/1 for Khan.

ON the other hand Paddy Power were offering 4/7 not to go the distance which is to me ......... akin to finding money on the pavement.

But you got to remember most money for this fight comes fro UK backers, they are not allowed bet in the US (for the most part).
    Bookmakers take this into account and adapt odds to balance the sheets.

I don't really rate Glazkov that much but the guy he's fighting looks really crude, I can see Glazkov outboxing him.

I put him in a €20 treble a couple of weeks ago. He was losing the fight, but what a ****ty way to lose on a bet to a cruciate ligament injury!!!!!

I'd have won a few quid on that.

I put him in a €20 treble a couple of weeks ago. He was losing the fight, but what a ****ty way to lose on a bet to a cruciate ligament injury!!!!!

I'd have won a few quid on that.

Not really worth it though unless your putting the house on it.. :(

Do a double with Rose against Macklin and it will be a decent return. That's what I'll be doing anyhow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement