Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

ts_editor wrote: »
    In this case it's "extra tickets" made available. Not a reduced price sale.

Dd4rRnGV4AAFrZq.jpg

Oh, I see. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I see seatwave now include the outrageous booking fee in the advertised price now. Not sure when this happened.

I see an EP ticket for €401.20 and thought it was an odd price to set, click to buy and see

1 ticket x €340.00 * €340.00
    Booking Fee €61.20

Total For Your Tickets €401.20

Delivery & Handling €12.99

Total Price €414.19*

So the seller inputting €340 sees this
    Your Price (x1)€340.00
    Success Fee- €34.00
    VAT- €6.80
    You'll Receive€299.20

So seatwave/ticketmaster make €114.99.

Very sneaky making it look like the seller has put a high price up.

EDIT: found what is going on.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43302867
    The UK's four main secondary ticketing agencies have been banned from using certain "misleading" price strategies.
    The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said they had not been clear enough about extra fees added at the end of the booking.
    The four largest sites are Get Me In, Viagogo, StubHub and Seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Senor Chang

Just wondering for Ruby Sessions, on an average Tuesday (where there aren't big or mysterious special guests), would you have to be there a good bit earlier than the 9pm doors open time, or just show up a few minutes beforehand? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone seen this?

(It is in Germany)
    "Live Nation Concert Week" all tickets €35
    https://www.eventim.de/campaign/live-nation-concert-week/

From 29/05/2018 - 10:00AM - various concerts for 35 euros (including fees and postage) - seems to apply only to "selected categories" - but is not specified in more detail -e.g. Guns N'Roses, Santana, Queen and Adam Lambert.

From the site (Google Translated)
    Hot concerts at cool prices 35 Euro "All in" tickets for many stars and top events

Hot Nation offers cool concerts in the last week of May for more than 50 concerts and events of the international concert promoter.
    For 35, - Euros, including all fees and shipping costs, fans will be able to purchase tickets to top events of many music genres and beyond in the period from 29.05., 10:00 to 01.06., 23:59.

Numerous top bands and artists such as Guns N'Roses, Shania Twain, Rea Garvey and Bryan Adams are involved with contingents in this extraordinary action that draws attention to the full range of live entertainment. Among the artists participating in this brilliant prelude to a hot concert season are:

2Cellos | Fast & Furious Live | Billy Idol | Blue Man Group | Bonnie Raitt | Bryan Adams | Guns N'Roses | Queen + Adam Lambert | Rea Garvey | Per Gessle's Roxette | Santana | Sasha | Shania Twain

The 35, - Euro "All-in" tickets are from 29.05. available at CTS Eventim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭lc180

Echo & The Bunnymen in the Olympia tickets went on sale this morning.

Strange thing is, Only ground floor seats are on sale. No Circle or Upper Circle at all on ticketmaster. Definitely not sold out as I was online right away.

Has anyone seen this before? Are MCD strategically selling the most expensive seats first before releasing the Circle tickets? Maybe I'm wrong but looks like it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 leaving14cert

edit: question answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Is there a good spot to wait outside academy to try to meet someone playing?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Is there a good spot to wait outside academy to try to meet someone playing?
    The front door :D, what show?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

Are the Olympia Theatre strict on curfew? Going to a show next week which says it'll be over at 10:15 pm and I have a bus to catch at 11 pm. Hoping I can see the whole gig without the stress of leaving early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

very strict

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Bought tickets for Deus in the Academy this morning on Ticketbastard. Have they done away with the standard mail option? The only free option now was e-tickets? It was €4.75 to get gift-wrapped tickets sent out. Has anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Bought tickets for Deus in the Academy this morning on Ticketbastard. Have they done away with the standard mail option? The only free option now was e-tickets? It was €4.75 to get gift-wrapped tickets sent out. Has anyone else noticed this?

I got tickets in the post today and they are laughable. Printed on a thinnest piece of paper. I don't know why they got rid of hard copies. I know it's only tickets but I always got them shipped to have the hard copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Anybody know if the academy are ok with e-tickets being on your phone ? No printer @ home & work have google blocked the bastards so can’t print it off. Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Apologies if this has come up before....

Looking at tickets for David O'Doherty in Vicar Street - the seating chart shows tables 1-108, but there are tickets available for "Table Row 114" and several numbers after 108. The tickets for the various 'Blocks' are there too. Have they added more tables? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Apologies if this has come up before....

Looking at tickets for David O'Doherty in Vicar Street - the seating chart shows tables 1-108, but there are tickets available for "Table Row 114" and several numbers after 108. The tickets for the various 'Blocks' are there too. Have they added more tables? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

I had this for Dave Gorman recently, they've stuck extra tables in down the right hand side (on the seating plan). Numbered from 109 at the back, next to 108, down to the front (so the higher numbers are nearer the front)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Does anyone know where the best seats in Vicar St are? I’d prefer a block rather than the tables at the front.

Block A, B, C, D and F seem to be a available.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Anybody know if the academy are ok with e-tickets being on your phone ? No printer @ home & work have google blocked the bastards so can’t print it off. Thanks in advance

To answer my own ? Tickets on ur phone are all good in the academy, some venues don’t like it but no hassle there

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cait04

Just wondering if anyone has been in the 3plus lounge in the 3 arena before a concert and what is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Cait04 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has been in the 3plus lounge in the 3 arena before a concert and what is it like?

The space itself is fairly small and nothing special but it's quick to get served a drink and, if you're lucky, you'll get a seat

I find the real advantage of it is after the show, you can go and get a drink and let the crowds die down, they stay open for a fair while (maybe an hour, I've never paid that much attention)

They have a cloakroom in there too, I've never used it myself but it sounds good

I'd definitely recommend signing up, it's free after all. Be quick though, the guest list fills up quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I got a € ticketmaster gift card for Christmas. It was given with the intention of being used for ice hockey in Belfast. However, because it's in Belfast I can't buy the tickets with it because its €!

Is there anyway I can sell the gift card or anything?

• Advertisement

I got a € ticketmaster gift card for Christmas. It was given with the intention of being used for ice hockey in Belfast. However, because it's in Belfast I can't buy the tickets with it because its €!

You could try here - https://www.toutless.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

You can still buy through ticketmaster.ie no? Just go to payment section and enter the voucher number and pin under the 'Redeem Gift Card Now' heading.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/Belfast-Giants-tickets/artist/30107

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

You can still buy through ticketmaster.ie no? Just go to payment section and enter the voucher number and pin under the 'Redeem Gift Card Now' heading.
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/Belfast-Giants-tickets/artist/30107

That's what I tried but because the tickets are sold in £ it won't accept my € voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Can you get into the standing section in the Olympia if you are seated in the lower circle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

spindex wrote: »
    Can you get into the standing section in the Olympia if you are seated in the lower circle ?
    No, different entrances/exits and no way between them, unless you can manage to get past security without them noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No, different entrances/exits and no way between them, unless you can manage to get past security without them noticing.

Which is easily done. Go out for a smoke and then walk back in the bottom floor. They rarely check.

Olympia is a bit shít downstairs though unless youre in front of the ceiling of the circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Do you know why some tickets in ticketmaster are not allowed to be transferred when they are not restricted (i.e. when you don't have to have the original card you bought them with and your id to the event)?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Hi,

Travelling midweek to Dublin for a gig in the Grand Social. I know where the venue is but driving in Dublin is something I’ve only done a little of. My question is the best option for parking near the Grand Social. Just need to park for the few hours of the gig then hot tailing it out of the big smoke back to culchie land. Is street parking an option?? A multi storey car park???

Thanks in advance.

lewisdhead wrote: »
    Hi,

Travelling midweek to Dublin for a gig in the Grand Social. I know where the venue is but driving in Dublin is something I’ve only done a little of. My question is the best option for parking near the Grand Social. Just need to park for the few hours of the gig then hot tailing it out of the big smoke back to culchie land. Is street parking an option?? A multi storey car park???

Thanks in advance.

Possibly Jervis Car Park probably your best bet, Street may not be a good idea, although somebody may say other. Who's playing?

I hear Jenny Greene advertised all over the radio. Has that not run it's course? I guess it was pleasant at EP a couple of years ago, but surely it has been milked at this stage. Also don't get why it's 'Jenny Greene' there's not really a lot to it at her end. Just kinda sick of it :o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Is there anyway in Ticketmaster to get an Alert when new tickets are released. I know you can set preferences for artists, but I don't think thats the solutions. Want to see if there are further tickets released for George Ezra as I need to get them for my daughter

Advertisement